The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken takes a sip from his coconut cup.

"Depends." he says. "There's what the spirits think is going to happen, what I think is going to happen... and what you think is going to happen. Why did you come to this island?"

His demeanour changes from jovial to intense as he asks the question.

greenstar

First Post
Raysuldra, who had been silent until now, even with the ape, says "I am Raysuldra. We heard there were pirates here. Would you know anything about that?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"To tell you the truth, I came to do a little exploration. Or at least that's what I'm being paid to do which is all the motivation I need. Well that, and perhaps a good drink such as that you offer when I'm a bit more parched," Doral says with a friendly grin.

Shayuri

First Post
"We were hired," Whisper answers after Raysuldra and Doral have their say. "For the reasons you just heard, as well as interest in the dragonshards on this island. Do you know of them?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken gets to his feet and begins packing away his gear. He continues talking as he does so.

"Pleased to meet you Raysuldra," he says. "No pirates here that I know of, well...," he taps his chest and chuckles. "One ex-pirate maybe, eh? See..."

Kraken looks between Whisper, Raysuldra and Doral. "...I'm kind of a speaker for the folks round here. And kind of a protector too. " He plucks the large falchion from the sand and hefts it onto his back. "So it's me job to watch out for strangers coming in and kicking their weight around."

"I ain't seen no dragonshards, Miss," he continues to Whisper. "Leastways, not that I know of. Kind of crystal, ain't they? What we've got round here at the moment are a whole load of walking dead-fellas, making a bloody nuisance of themselves. You fine folks come looking for them at all?"

Shayuri

First Post
"In a sense," Whisper agrees with Kraken.

"The undead are being created with the power of the shards, and for the purpose, we believe, of guarding them. So it seems our true enemy is the same. The pirates creating these creatures that plague you are the same pirates we're here to stop."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Good to meet ya, Glaive," says Kraken enthusiastically. He turns to Whisper as he finishes packing away his gear.

"Fair dinkum?" he asks. "Well, reckon that'd be about right. I was taught a fair bit by the old shaman of my village before he croaked. He said that the dead can't cross back once they've gone through the Veil. Sure, you get the odd ghost-fella who doesn't make the journey all the way, those who've left something unfinished, fella who didn't tell his wife he loved her, a pirate captain whose first mate double crossed him, eh? But once they've gone over, they can only come back if some cobber on this side of the Veil calls 'em.

"So I reckon there'd be some cobber hereabouts with the chant of making a dead-fella walking. I know a chant or two that'd stop a walking dead-fella but I don't know many of the stronger chants. By meself, what if I went looking for this cobber and he put a chant on me, eh? So reckon if I helped you fine folks find these pirates and yer crystals, I'd be helping out my people too, eh?"

Kraken finishes his preparations by covering his small fire with sand. Bowing his head he intones a droning song:

"Spirit of the flame
Old Red Beard
Old Man Fire
For your gift we thank you."

This done, he looks around the newcomers with a grin.

"So, ready to go?"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"So, ready to go?"

Midian points back out to the ship. "We're actually the advance party of our ship," he says. "So while I'd love to set out right now and tear this bloody necromancer to pieces, we have to find the crew a campsite first.

"Then we do some hunting,"
he says, perhaps a little too cheerfully.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken grins fiercely.

"Midian mate, I like your style," he says. "There's a spot just round the corner where a stream comes out from the trees, reckon that'd be a good place for your crew to camp. You want a bit of cover at the edge of the forest but don't go too far in. The blackflies'll eat ya alive."

OOC: Survival +8, Take 10 allowed to find a campsite?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases