First Post
Map Update

Attachments

• Aboard the Ship r8.jpg
    Aboard the Ship r8.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 81

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral is going to position himself in the space between the sea monster fight and the pirate melee. Then he will cast whelming burst on the two remaining pirates, taking care to hit them and to avoid striking his comrades.

OOC: I didn't see the captain depicted on your map.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral is going to position himself in the space between the sea monster fight and the pirate melee. Then he will cast whelming burst on the two remaining pirates, taking care to hit them and to avoid striking his comrades.

OOC: I didn't see the captain depicted on your map.

OOC: I forgot to give him a unique character picture. He's the one farthest north. I'll switch him out for the next round (if he survives that long!

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 38/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

Even as the sword proofed to be fairly effective, Glaive is gald to swing his eldritch glaive again.

[sblock=ooc]

attack last non-captain in reach

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling the Blast: 2/3
Gloves_of_Eldritch_Admixture: 3/3
Healing_Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
(OOC - You have total concealment from blind foes...they can't AoO you.)

OOC: Ah, I didn't realize they couldn't swing at all. All the more fubar on my part for dropping the ball on my post until Midian got himself good and cornered. :)

Actually, looking at the map, I think that's Glaive behind Midian, yes? Looks like adding a 5' step for Midian (swinging to the east of the captain) might be a good idea. If I can do that, Selc, I'd like to, opening him up to Glaive / flanking next round.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken's falchion drops to the deck of the ship.

"Now I've got you!" he says with a grin (or is it a grimace of pain?). Reaching down as best he can with his pinned arms he draws his dagger and stabs upwards into the pincer.

[sblock=OOC]
Free action - drop flachion
Move action - draw dagger
Standard action - Smite attack (+4 attack, +3 damage) vs crab with dagger.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I went and looked at my sheet, and was horrified to see I hadn't picked spells after all this time. I think I was waiting for the Pathfinder shift, and wasn't expecting more combat. Anyway, I fixed up Whisper for Level 7 in 3.5...with the caveat that some changes will be made on upgrading to Pathfinder. :))

Barely cognizant of the chaos around her on the ship's deck, Whisper's attention is fully occupied by the giant crab, and Kraken fighting valiantly in its grip. He was doomed, of course. The idea filled her ears with white noise, and she felt as if she were going to stumble, her limbs suddenly going limp.

Why fight? an inner voice whispered. You've done your part. The dragon is destroyed. The cult shattered. What's left of these people you've traveled with will weaken the monster as it slaughters them. It won't heal. You've accomplished all that must be done. You can go now. Just slip back into the longboat and row back with a story of how they died heroically saving you.

Revulsion twisted in her gut. Had she ever been that creature? No. We can win this. We WILL win this!

She refocused to find herself striding forward towards the immense crab. Her attention focused on Kraken. He was human. His body was not like hers. It resisted change. "Kraken!" Whisper shouted. "Don't fight me!"

And she cast a spell...shaping magic into something new, discovering it as she built it in a rush of creative inspiration. A transmutation simple, but subtle in its power. Would it be enough?

Kraken feels the magic grip him and sink into his body. The imperative it communicates is elemental; primal. Grow. Though he senses he can try to fight it, he also realizes that being bigger might be handy against this gigantic crustacean!

(Casting Enlarge Person on the Krakster! +2 Strength, -2 Dex, -1 AC, and +4 to thy grapple checks. Oh, and reach. Enjoy.)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The captains roar of pain reaches above the sound of the giant crab demolishing the ship. Midian's dinosaur form tears into the captain though he manages to block the final bite by deflecting it with the flat of his axe. The signature weapon of the hell-bred warlock cuts through the air leaving a sickly green haze in its wake as it slices into the last crewman. Coupled with Doral's final blast of energy the man drops his sword and slumps to the deck.
Kraken digs his dagger deep into the joint between the claws even as the squeeze tighter around his body. He can feel the blade digging into the ligaments holding the claw together. The monstrous crab seems to react and begins to squeeze the man. His face and neck turn red as blood is forced away from his internals. Just as it looks as if he would pop from the pressure Whisper completes her spell and infuses Kraken with arcane power. His muscles surge with new strength and his body expands to contain the newly growing muscle. Gripping the claws on either side with his hands he strains and forces them apart just enough to take another breath. The crab tries to squeeze him again but Kraken's amazing strength holds the claw at bay. Its other claw flails about on the deck smashing through the deck and siding as if it were twigs. Its back legs likewise scratch terrible gouges in the side of the ship. The entire vessel has begun a slight but noticeable list.
The captain meanwhile is staggering on his feet from the painful wounds he has received. His clothes are shredded and blood covers his chest and belly, but still he fights on. He swings twice at Midian, his first swing cutting him deeply into the breastbone. Midian wrenches free just in time to avoid a followup chop.

OOC:
Midian takes another 12 points of damage.

Kraken beat the crabs grapple check when it tried to crush him! Go go enlarge person.
Kraken Opposed Grapple (1d20+16=35)
Grapple check vs Kraken (1d20+25=32)

Attachments

• Aboard the Ship r9.jpg
    Aboard the Ship r9.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 78

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Normally I would admire tenacity, but I think we have had quite enough of the captain," Doral states as he fires a volley at the sailor from his wand of magic missiles.

Remove ads