The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Is my Manyjaws spell expired yet? It's hard for me to keep track. They last 3 rounds each...)

"Agreed."

Whisper directs a blast of her own towards the captain, focusing the magic through the crystal they found to increase it's power dramatically!

(Magic Missile...using the Empower shard!)

(+50% is +5, for a total of 16 points.)

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 38/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

Glaive's namesake hisses through the air again, this time at the captain.

[sblock=ooc]

attack the captain.

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling the Blast: 2/3
Gloves_of_Eldritch_Admixture: 3/3
Healing_Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
OOC: Holding off to see if all that ganging up did the captain in, as that'll change my plans and I'll probably lightning bolt the crab, instead. :)

BTW, I updated my HP below for this second attack, but I don't think you actually listed the damage Midian took from the first one?

[sblock=resources]HP 40/53
Bolts called (max 7): 1
Wild shape remaining: 2/3

Spells: Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

Orisons (6, DC 14): Mending, Flare x2, Resistance, Guidance, Create Water
1st level (4+1, DC 15): Magic Fang, Faerie Fire, Longstrider, Sandblast, Obscuring Mist
2nd level (3+1, DC 16): Barkskin x2, Cloudburst, Body of the Sun
3rd level (2+1, DC 17): Call Lightning*, Nature's Favor, Wind Wall
4th level (1+1, DC 18): Ice Storm, Dispel Magic

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level 2x/day (used 1x)[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Holding off to see if all that ganging up did the captain in, as that'll change my plans and I'll probably lightning bolt the crab, instead. :)

BTW, I updated my HP below for this second attack, but I don't think you actually listed the damage Midian took from the first one?

Bolts called (max 7): 1

1st level (4+1, DC 15): Magic Fang, Faerie Fire, Longstrider, Sandblast, Obscuring Mist

** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level 2x/day (used 1x)[/sblock]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I made a mistake on the first attack. I forgot Midian gets the natural armor and dex bonus of the dino so the captain would have missed the first attack

The captain is down after those last three attacks so you can blast the crab
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken laughs at his new size, steps back, flips the dagger in his hand and deftly moves in to slash at the giant crab.

[sblock=OOC]
5 ft. step away from crab, allowing for his new 10 ft. range.
Frenzy attack on crab. I'm assuming the dagger increases in size to base damage 1d6.
Using Raging Luck action point to gain one extra attack, too.

Edit: Bleah, misread the effects of Enlarge Person and raised Str bonus by +2, not Str. Please subtract 1 from all of those rolls.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: ARGH! Okay, I know for a fact that I rolled Midian and Garuk's attacks, and I swore I posted, but obviously the post isn't here, and every time I try to search for rolls on IC, the site craps out on me.

Is anyone else able to get roll searching to work on there? If so, I'd appreciate the help. They weren't amazing rolls; I just want to make sure there's not still a way to get their links before I re-roll. Would have rolled under Midian Rightson and Garuk.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
(OOC - Is my Manyjaws spell expired yet? It's hard for me to keep track. They last 3 rounds each...)

OOC:
I had to hunt around, but I think it ends at the end of this turn. You cast it at the start of the round that killed the cultist leader. Next round you cast enlarge person to break the grapple. Then this round you cast magic missile.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

OOC: Okay, finally got IC's search to work for me. Whew.

His opponent fallen, the dinosaur that is Midian roars, a sound echoed by the stormy clouds above, which roil and rumble in response. With a blinding flash, a bolt of lightning issues forth, grounding itself through the undead crab.

Meanwhile, all close threats to Doral removed, Garuk chooses to launch himself at the only remaining enemy that might threaten the human his druid has given him to protect. He arcs across the deck, slashing for any exposed bit of undead flesh between the crab's armor plates.

[sblock=actions]Midian. Standard: Call another bolt.

Empowered lightning bolt damage (+50%), DC 17 reflex half (3d10=21)

With empowered, 31 damage, reflex save for half.

Garuk: Charge attack. He has 10' reach, so stopping that far off to hopefully avoid reach from the crab:

Charge attack crab. (1d20+12=15, 1d8+5=11)
[/sblock]

Bolts called (max 7): 2

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Blood arcs through the air as Glaive's blade carves across the captains chest. As he reels backwards two volleys of magic missiles from Whisper and Doral slam into him. Battered and broken, his greataxe drops from senseless fingers and he falls heavily to the deck.
Kraken attacks like a whirlwind on the immense crab. His blade carves through tough chitin exposing the creatures rotted innards. Black and green slime pour over him in a torrent, but he carves on. It waves its one remaining functional claw in the air and prepares to slam it down onto the barbarians head with the sky opens up and a great spear of lightning touches the upraised claw tip. There are a series of loud popping noises as superheated liquids burst the crabs exoskeleton. Fountains of slime spray the deck as the creature crashes to the deck, then slides overboard.

Looking around, you cannot see any other moving forms. A few pirates remain unconscious at your feet from Doral's spells. The ship lists slightly despite losing the crabs weight. The ship is likely slowly taking on water but it will take some time to sink fully.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases