The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Dr Simon

Explorer
As the spell and the frenzy wear off, Kraken drops wearily to his knees, and participates in the looting of the ship in something of a daze. Was this truly the end to it? No more deadfellas, no more wulgaru, no more killing? He insists later on being put ashore at his old village, where he tells the villagers all that he has learnt and then, reluctantly, bids them farewell. Although the island has been like a home to him, in his heart of hearts he has always been looking to leave it, although with trepidation now that the time has eventually arrived.

On the sea voyage, Kraken reacquaints himself with the workings of a sea-going ship, and on arrival in Cliffport he wanders away as if in a dream. When the other next see him, he is clean shaven and his wild hair has been trimmed. Although he looks more civilised he still wears some of his shell jewellry and carries his functional-looking sword. His face and arms are more tanned and weatherbeaten than most of the cityfolk.

"Didn't seem quite right being 'Kraken Driftwood' in the big city, eh?" he says. "Thom. That's what my name was. Thom Buchanan, cabin boy. Been a fair few years since I used that name. Feels kind of dusty, eh?"

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

Glaive keeps quite and for himself the entire journey. The situation on board would not become better with anyone accidentally see his true face.
At last as Kraken, or Thom, speaks up in Cliffport he says:
"I will stay with Glaive. May not be right for a big city, but this is who I am now.

[sblock=ooc]

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling the Blast: 3/3
Gloves_of_Eldritch_Admixture: 3/3
Healing_Belt: 3/3
Wand (lesser vigor): 37/50
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper seems pensive on the return voyage. She splits her time between gazing out over the sea from the railing of the deck, and in her cabin where a sharp ear can hear her conversing with her familiar...or perhaps just muttering to herself. She takes the papers they found regarding the cult, and the ships, and pores through them over and over, looking for hidden meanings.

On arriving at the shore she oversees the transfer of the prisoners to the local authorities and goes with Creidan to make her, rather exhaustive, report.

(OOC - I'm torn with Whisper...I could go with either an Arcane Bloodline sorceror, or perhaps even an Aberrant Bloodline (reflecting her doppelganger nature), but more and more I wonder if Whisper in Pathfinder might more properly be a wizard. I say this especially because a Beguiler and a Warlock are both almost certainly Sorcerers in Pathfinder. And Whisper's 'style' is that kind of thoughtful, heavy-on-planning type that I associate more with wizards than with sorcerers. ... Or she could be a Witch. Hmm!)

(Anyway, if I were converting a warlock, I'd make a sorcerer of a bloodline appropriate to the warlock's theme. That is, an infernal type warlock could be an infernal or abyssal sorcerer. On the other hand...looking at their bloodline powers, neither seems to fit Glaive. You might confer with Dr Simon and see if you can agree on a "variant" bloodline. 1st level ability is a magical blast, on par with other 1st level 'blast' abilities (ie - 1d6+1/2 lvl dmg, 30' range, up to 3+cha mod per day times) that stands in for Eldritch Blast, and the 3rd level ability is the power to manifest a weapon of your choice that strikes as a magic weapon. Then as you level you can add upgrades to it. There are other classes that get this kind of weapon advancement that we can steal the progression from.)

(Beguiler could be one of several sorcerer bloodlines...there are a few that enhance charm/illusion spells. Fey is an obvious possibility, but far from the only one.)

Shayuri

First Post
(*slaps head* I'm sorry Selc...I'm in so many of Simon's games, I got mixed up. How embarrassing! His idea for warlocks isn't bad though...though I am not sure if it would work for Beguilers...it might though. Both of those classes are already pretty "strong" compared to core classes like sorcerers, so they could compete well enough with the Pathfinder system's 'beefing' of core classes...)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
A friend of mine said he picked up a book that had PF conversions for a lot of non-core classes like warlock and artificer. I should be able to get that tonight. I think modding them to the PF rules would work pretty good rather than a class change. Keep the blast ability the way it is and change all the invocations that modify the blast to be 3+ability mod/day sort of thing like what they do for most class abilities. The weapon one could be minute/level like some of the armor or paladin weapon enchantments. He'd have d6 caster HP and 2+int/level for skill points (like wiz and sorc).

Beguiler looks like it won't need much of anything for converting. It already has a d6 hp. The abilities don't look too out of whack (except the 20th level one! but I won't have to worry about that one for about about 8 years at our rate of play :p )

Let me know what you want to do, I'm pretty flexible on it all. I'll let you know what I find from that conversion book tonight.

Edit - Also, the treasure split for everyone will work out to be 10,000gp per person. This is a large trade city so you should be able to pick up anything you need here.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]This is hard for me, but as I said, I have currently enough with Pathfinder and 3.5. To much games with the rules to long.
With HolyMan, who DMed most of my Pathfinder games, gone, this seems like a good time for a break. This was a great adventure and I thank everyone very much that I could be a part of it.
Sorry I'm writing this here and not in the OOC thread, but I wanted it not to be missed.
Happy gaming, you were a great group :)[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral Kinsman takes a long look at Thom and smiles. "I am pretty good at disguises, but I admit the change made me lost for words. This excursion with this group of ours has been profitable for me. I will also stay, at least until the money stops."

OOC: Ok, I'm not the greatest on character creation in complex RPGs like 3.5 and Pathfinder. I'll keep Doral as a Beguiler if I can and simply adjust the character sheet as needed. Will the Beguiler spells still translate fine to Pathfinder or will they need adjustment, too? Walking Dad, sorry to see you go.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I feel like the Beguiler might need some conversion...not the least of which its spell list. It has a lot of spells unique to 3.5...and doesn't take advantage of any of Pathfinder's unique spells. I'm thinking perhaps the Magus is a good 'hybrid' class that could be used as a benchmark in determining how a "rogue-mage" might be constructed in Pathfinder.

Also, Walking Dad you'll definitely be missed! Sorry to hear your decision, but I guess I can sympathize a little on issues of game burnout :))

jkason

First Post
OOC: Tried to xp ya, WD, but will have to settle for adding mine to the 'you'll be missed' wishes.

Selc, do we know yet what char building stats we're using for Pathfinder? Looks like we're closest to 25 point buy Pathfinder if I'm looking at this right. And how are we doing HP?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases