The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
Sorry to hear you're going to be gone WD. Thanks for gaming with us, I hope you had fun!

25 point buy is fine. Let's do max HP -2. So if you're a d10 you get 8 hp. Max hp for first level.

Magus is a good option though it doesn't have the feel of a spy. Another option for Doral might be to convert to an Inquisitor. Themetically it fits pretty well into his back story if we change the devotion to a deity to be devotion to a cause/organization. If we want to stick with the beguiler though we could build a new spell list based on pathfinder spells. Lots of illusion and enchantment sort of spells with some protection stuff thrown in. Let me know what you want to do.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - I didn't mean changing Doral to a Magus. I just meant the Magus is a good reference point as an armored, spellcasting warrior...we might borrow from it to make an armored, spellcasting rogue. In other words, just use Magus as a yardstick to compare a Pathfinder Beguiler conversion to.)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: It makes me sad, but I might have to drop the entire concept of a Beguiler conversion altogether, after looking at the amount of work involved. I am looking over Shadow Sorcerer, Illusion Wizard, Enchantment Wizard, Mage of the Veil, and even Gunslinger for character concepts. I may just dump Doral altogether and go with a new character. He just doesn't seem right as an Inquisitor or Magus.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
I'm making a new players gallery thread that will have a summary of everything that has happened up till now. I'll post a link as soon as I finish.

When we first started playing I had you working for a noble with a list of missions you can choose from to explore the world. I think I had one for every nation/continent. Do you want to do something similar to that again or do you want me to pick something?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I have no preferences either way. Kraken isn't technically part of the original group but sooner or later he's going to need money. Also his "storm spirits" (who I think might actually be The Devourerer given the domains!) might compel him to some adventure. He has a tendency to be tossed on the wonds of fate ;)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Sec, I actually don't believe we need to leave Eberron since we can just use the same background and it seems the dragon shards are important to your original plot. However, you should push whatever your DM-based inspiration is.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
I'll definitely keep the dragonshards plotline, there are still too many loose ends to tie up. Don't worry, the past has a way of catching up to you in this world no matter where you go! I'll work up another list of reports to choose from.

Kraken gets a cut of the gold, so he got 10,000gp as well. Also there were some magic items that can be sold if they're not wanted.

After you guys get your character sheets updated go ahead and post them here. At the bottom of the post is a character template I'd like you to use, it's modeled after the LEW template and makes it easier for me to find vital stats.
New Wayfinders Rogues Gallery

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Will you be using Action Points? Kraken was built quite heavily around their use, and I'd like to continue that trend if I can.

Also, can I continue to use the Frenzy variant of rage?

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
We can still use action points. I can't get to all the 3.5 sites from work, but I will probably be fine with the frenzied variant. I'll just check to make sure its abilities will mesh well with the pathfinder stuff.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases