The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
"I take it that the blackflies are some local vermin and not a cannibal tribe. I'm right." Glaive says, looking in the direction the 'hermit' pointed.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Blackflies," says Kraken. "They're little black flies. The clue's in the name, mate.". He grins at Glaive as he says this to show that he's only teasing.

[sblock="DM"]
Assuming that Kraken has a vague idea of where the undead seem to be coming from, he'll lead the others there once thye are ready.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken stands up and surveys the land around him. After a moment of thought, he strikes out to the west cutting across some tangled patches of scrub bush. A short time later he steps out in a slightly lusher patch of ground where a trickle of water flows down the slope towards the beach. It looks like there will be enough open ground here to support the expedition camp. As you start to circle the area to ensure that there are no surprises, you begin to detect a faint odor of decay in the air. The farther you move upslope the more powerful the smell becomes. Hacking at the thick undergrowth, you stumble upon the remains of a fair-sized beast. It looks to be some kind of large reptile, nearly six feet long from snout to tail tip. It's foreclaws are thinner than its back legs, indicating it is a predatory biped. It's face is pulled back in a rictus of death revealing a mouth filled with pointed teeth. It's chest and stomach reveal large wounds now covered in fat, black flies.
Other than the discovery of carrion nearby, the campsite appears ideal. While part of the group begins clearing away some of the brush, a few return to the longboats to signal the ships to begin sending over supplies. By nightfall the tents have been setup and half of the supplies have been unloaded. The captain has already set his sailors to work refilling the water casks for the return trip. The promised rain begins near nightfall, drenching the camp in a downpour. Even with the logs stacked high in the firepit, the flames are sputtering and burning low. The few people still up and about light lanterns and sit huddled against the cold as they wait for the storm to let up. Near midnight, with the rain still coming down strongly, an inhuman shriek pierces the night some distance away upslope. More cries join in, creating a cacophony that carries far despite the sound of the rain falling. Soon everyone is awake as the sound grows closer.

OOC: Roll your Initiative

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper gets to her feet and emerges from her tent at the racket, huddling a bit in her cloak from the driving rain. She casts a spell, sweeping a hand around herself in an arc. For a moment silver runes burn in the mud around her feet, making a tiny circle around her. Then they are gone.

Init: 7
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1645203/
(casting Protection from Evil on myself)

(In other news, the links in yer sig don't seem to work anymore...got a link to the Rogue's Gallery so I can put in my updated sheet? :))

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hm, should probably give you an action for Kraken too...

Draw falchion (not the weather for a sling), step outside to see what the noise is. He'll do a quick scan around to see if anything is noticable away from the centre of the commontion.

(Spot +2).

Argh, and I forgot my Improved Initiative - total should be 16!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases