The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle - Page 15




  1. #141
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    Glaive uses his namesake power to cleave into the approaching reptile.

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

 

  • #142
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,610
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Kraken neatly sidesteps the charging reptile and moves forwards.

    "Don't waste your magic on these things," he shouts. His grip tightens on his falchion as he adds, "Save it for the the blighter what's chasing 'em."

    OOC

    I'll pass on the AoO and make a 'knights move' forward 3 and right 1 square. Risking a return AoO from the creature to test my theory...
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #143
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    6,008

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    Doral swings at the first reptile, surprising himself as his dagger sinks into its flank. He then prepares the ground for the creature that Kraken starts shouting about. "Let's see how strong of a mind your new friend has, Kraken."

    Attack of Opportunity and Spell
    Spoiler:

    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657936/
    Attack=23, Damage=2
    Possible critical
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1657950/

    He will cast mage armor upon himself, then daze monster on the creature about to appear.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #144
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,600
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Already raising her hands to cast a spell, Whisper pauses at the exhortation to see what the real threat is.

  • #145
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,812

    Ignore jkason
    ((OOC: Probably should have asked this before, but are we alone in the camp, or are there other crew members around? I'm mostly asking because Midian has a Hide from Animals prepped, but probably wouldn't use it if it only protects the party but not the crew))

  • #146
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,290

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    OOC - They'll still be on the ship for the first night, until a more permanent base camp can be set up.

  • #147
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,812

    Ignore jkason

    Midian Rightson, human druid

    Quote Originally Posted by SelcSilverhand View Post
    OOC - They'll still be on the ship for the first night, until a more permanent base camp can be set up.
    "If I can tell what it is, I may be able to mask those of us not already masked," Midian calls, running around in an attempt to get a look at what might be after the pack dinos.

    OOC
    Nature's step should mean Midian can ignore any of the undergrowth as concerns restricted movement, so he'll take a double move toward the upper right, steering clear of the running beasties and trying to get a look at / identify whatever's chasing them.

  • #148
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,290

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Glaive aims a devastating attack on the creature in front of him. It nearly kills the beast who shrieks in pain and surprise at the attack. It stumbles forward toward him, it's beak snapping in his direction. Dorel's blade cuts a deep gouge down the flank of the dinosaur passing him. The creature shrieks as well, but continues its headlong flight and soon disappears into the darkness. Kraken moves closer to the fire, holding his blade at the ready while trying to pierce the darkness to see what approaches. Whisper remains at the ready to see what might approach. Midian leaves the safety of the fireside to dash into the undergrowth. His ape chuffs loudly and knuckle walks after him.

    Midian
    Spoiler:

    You slip through the undergrowth with natural ease. Despite the danger it feels good to be back in a familiar element after the weeks spent at sea. You move quickly, skirting the edge of the dark cloud surrounding Glaive. After a moment you reach the far side of the thicket and peer into the darkness. The light of the fire does not reach this far and the darkness and rain make it difficult to see. You make out two distinct forms in the darkness. You think that the figures are roughly humanoid in shape. They are engaged in rending two squealing dinosaurs that were caught by the edge of the entangle spell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wilderness on the Beach Rnd3.jpg  
    Last edited by SelcSilverhand; Friday, 18th July, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

  • #149
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,812

    Ignore jkason

    Midian Rightson, human druid (Barkskin)

    Midian quickly reverses course as he realizes these are no natural predators. Running back into the campsite, he calls out, "Whisper, I think you had the right idea the first time! They're at the back edge of my entanglement."

    OOC
    Doubling back to the clear side of the underbrush, hoping whatever these things are going to have to deal with the terrain unlike Midian.

  • #150
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    Glaive lets the pebble with the darkness effect fall to the ground and moves to regroup with the rest, after hearing Midian's call.

    ooc: vacation announcement in my sig.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 15 of 128 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 770
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th September, 2014, 03:53 PM
    2. The Wayfinders: 6 Years Running
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 5th April, 2012, 11:37 AM
    3. Isle of the Ape - your experiences?
      By Quasqueton in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th January, 2009, 08:25 AM
    4. Wayfinders: Tempest Isle Players Gallery
      By SelcSilverhand in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 13th October, 2008, 09:03 PM
    5. Isle of the Laughing Gallows - A gritty pirate isle for L4W
      By Dunamin in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 06:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •