The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken waits where he is for the moment, at least until a foe presents itself. He shifts his weight from foot to foot, keeping loose, ready for action.

"What did you see mate?" he calls to Midian.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"I didn't get close enough to make out detail, but they were humanoid, and they were ripping dinos in half. I don't know a regular person who does that, didn't want to stay alone to find out, so I figure this may be those undead we feared."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral Kinsman

Doral frowns at Midian's report, but then casts mage armor on himself before taking a step backwards and towards some of the heavier jungle growth in an attempt to hide himself from casual view.

Walking Dad

First Post
"I didn't get close enough to make out detail, but they were humanoid, and they were ripping dinos in half. I don't know a regular person who does that, didn't want to stay alone to find out, so I figure this may be those undead we feared."
"Could also be just some regular giants. How big are these humanoids?" Glaive asks, looking for a place to hide/ prepare an ambush.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Round 4

A moment after Midian disappears back into the brush, the squealing stops with an audible crack. One of the creatures lets out a hooting cry and soon the sound of something plunging through the undergrowth follows. Dorel and Glaive find cover amid the smaller scrub bushes around the area while Kraken and Whisper await the emergence of the beasts. Moments after Midian exits the brush and calls out his warning, the two figures emerge from the edge of Glaive's darkness spell. The creatures are roughly humanoid in shape, and stand nearly six feet tall. You immediately notice that they have no skin and every bone is visible. Thick black cords connect their joints like tendons. Their arms are long and their claws brush the ground. Their heads are misshapen and their mouths are filled with sharp fangs. The sightless depths of their eye sockets swivel back and forth until they alight on the first creature in front of them. With another hooting cry the beasts move in to attack!

OOC - Having some problems uploading the map. Both creatures have emerged from the south edge of the darkness spell approx. 30' away.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Deadfellas!" Kraken spits. With a roar of primal rage he charges the nearest of the creatures , bringing his falchion down on its neck.

[SBLOCK="OOC"]
Falchion attack on nearest creature, assuming it is within 60 ft. He's not going to enter the entangled area or the darkness to do so.
+2 bonus for charging. AC until next turn 15 (-2 for charge, +2 deflection for shield of faith.)
1d20+9=26, 2d4+4=10
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian glances up at the sky and begins chanting. Even as his arms seem to gather up something invisible above him, the sound of thunder rolls through the air.

[sblock=OOC]Casting Call Lightning. Takes a round to cast, so he can't use it to attack until next round.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral smirks a little and decides to engage in a bit of twisted humor. He concentrates on the image of a sweaty, fat man in bright red and yellow merchant clothes. He casts this mental image in front of the two ravening undead creatures, trying to distract them from attacking the other party members. The sight of the clumsy, but meaty snack stumbling away from them will hopefully be a magnetic lure.

[sblock]
Doral casts silent image in front of the two hungry undead while trying to remain hidden.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken charges forward with his falchion swinging. His steel blade grates across the creatures rib cage with a bizarre squealing sound. He is surprised for a moment to see that his blade did not cut as deeply as he expected, but the blow from the blade did do some damage. Glaive steps out from the bushes nearby and swings a pole arm formed from eldritch energy. The blade wavers as it cuts across the creatures form, partially passing through its body. Chunks of bone fly free when it exits. This close to the creatures, and you can see they are clearly skeletal, though their bones are grayish and seem harder than a normal skeleton. The creatures have slightly elongated skulls with double rows of sharpened fangs. Their arms are too long, and their leg bones seem all out of proportion.
In the back lines, Midian begins chanting a spell. You hear the storm's power intensifying as nature answers his call. Lightning splits the sky illuminating the battlefield in bright flashes of light. His ape grunts loudly, slightly spooked by the storms power, and moves to put itself between the nearest creature and Midian. Whisper incants a spell and sends bolts of energy darting forward, slamming into the creature nearest Midian. Raysuldra moves closer to Whisper to protect her while she casts. Dorel, still invisible at the edge of the battlefield, casts a spell bringing forth an image of an enormously fat man. The fat man silently shrieks and stumbles about clumsily while trying to get away from the creatures.
The creatures let out inhuman shrieks and attack. Kraken stands the closest to the first creature and he takes the brunt of the creatures fury. It strikes with both of its claws and its bite. Kraken is momentarily staggered as the creature tears into him. The second beast leaps that the fat merchant and tears and rends at the image ineffectually.

OOC
[SBLOCK]

Whisper - 10dmg - Creature 2
Whisper MM (1d4 1=4, 1d4 1=4, 1d4 1=2)

Glaive - 12dmg - Creature 1
Glaive Attack (1d20 6=15, 3d6=12)

Kraken - 5dmg - Creature 1

Creature attacks Kraken
Creature attack (1d20 12=18, 1d20 12=22, 1d20 7=26)
Creature dmg (1d4 7=11, 1d4 7=8, 1d6 4=6)

Kraken takes 25 points of damage from both claws and the bite
[/SBLOCK]

Glaive
[SBLOCK]
OOC - Is your weapon effected by damage reduction, does it have a type such as slashing, piercing, etc or is it untyped magical damage like the eldritch blast?
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Wilderness on the Beach Rnd5.jpg
    Wilderness on the Beach Rnd5.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Odd," Whisper muses, "Mindless undead would have to be ordered to attack animals. I wonder what these are..."
Even as she considers this, she lifts a hand. With a few whispered words, orbs of energy form. Three of them, orbiting her right hand as its fingers contort into a configuration of power. With a flick, she hurls the bolts at the oncoming creatures...then somehow manages to look smug, even through her mask.

"Three."

(PS - Sorry about the delay! I somehow missed this update! The forums are starting to advance when I can't access them due to slowdowns. :( )

(annn,...forgot to include damage. :) 12 damage for my first 3-blast magic missile! yay! http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1692468/ )

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases