The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle - Page 2





+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1277
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,737

    Ignore jkason
    Quote Originally Posted by SelcSilverhand
    Johan, Midian, and Whisper gather near the center mast while Seria stares upwards towards the sails. Midian crouches down and examines the water trail, trying to determine what caused it. He puts his fingers into the water and pulls them back trailing a bit of slimy fluid.
    Midian sniffs at the fluid, trying to remember if he's learned about it in his studies, then he hears the thumping, and motions to the others as he readies his shortspear. Mentally, he nudges Seeqir to see if the squid has noticed anything out of place near the ship.

    OOC
    I'm not sure if it applies, but Know: Nature vs. slime trail (1d20+9=20)

 

  • #12
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,421
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Whisper invokes her defensive magic (Shield), and looks up at the crow's nest, though she knows her eyes aren't nearly as sharp as Seria's.

    "I knew I should have focused on Glitterdust," she mutters to herself.

  • #13
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,283

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Midian
    Spoiler:

    Remembering "Qnath's Almanac of the Eastern Seas", you narrow the possibilities down to a few species. The trail is not very large, indicating a medium sized creature. The slime is likely made by some kind of reptile or amphibian. You think it could be a Sahuagin or one of the merfolk.

    Through your empathic link, you sense Seeqir slowly rousing from his slumber, then suddenly snap alert. You sense danger and fear.


    Seria moves towards the sailor standing at the wheel and tells him what she saw. He peers upwards at the mast for a moment, then shakes his head, obviously not seeing anything. He turns to the sailor behind him and tells him to go wake a few of the mercenaries just in case. He tells you that if it is a wild goose chase that you'll be explaining to the mercs why you dragged them all out of bed. The messenger barely makes it down in the hold when there is a loud snap from the center mast. Looking upward you see the sail pulling free from the yard arm. The sail crumbles to the deck, covering the hatch the messenger just ran down. Midian leaps out of the way with a nimbleness even Seria would envy. Looking upward, you see the distorted shape leaping from the center mast to the forward mast. The thumping on the sides of the boat becomes clearer as something begins climbing the side of the ship. Suddenly, pale chitinous shells appear at the sides of the ship. Massive pincher claws grip the railing and smaller legs propel the monstrous crabs onto the deck. At the front of the ship, Whisper also sees serpentine forms slithering over the edge of the deck. Eels, or snakes, she can't quite tell as the immediate danger of the crab near her draws her attention away.




    MAP
    Spoiler:

    Code:
        ||
       |XX|
      |    |
     |--H---|
     v      |
     v  O   |
     |  ####|
     C  ####|
     | W####|
    ====O=====
     &&&&&&&&
     |M  J  |
     |      |
     C  O   C
     |  S   C
     |--H---|
      |  X | 
       |  |  
        ||   
    
    S : Seria
    J : Johan
    M : Midian
    W : Whisper
    X : Sailor
    C : Crabs
    v : Serpents
    
    H : Stairs
    0 : Mast
    & : Fallen sail
    Init Order
    Midian
    Seria
    Johan
    Whisper
    Sailors
    Bad Guys

    OOC
    You can climb over the sail with a full round action, but are flatfooted while doing so since you're navigating a tangle of rope and uneven footing.



    Whisper spot ( bonus) (1d20 6=25)
    Midian Reflex (1d20 3=23)

  • #14
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Mista Collins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    2,314

    Ignore Mista Collins
    He tells you that if it is a wild goose chase that you'll be explaining to the mercs why you dragged them all out of bed.
    "And if I'm right, you might be pulling their dead bodies from bed later." Seria says with a stern look on her face. "Which one do you prefer?"

    As the mast falls and the creatures climb over the sides of the boat, Seria takes a few steps up the stairs in order to give herself a tactical advantage. She tightly holds her rapier in hand waiting for any of these creatures to attack her.

  • #15
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,421
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    (nngh! Crab...battle...)

    Attack: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1514096/
    Damage: 5 (+2 dex) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1514098/

    Whisper incants and hurls a shard of scintillating ice at the crab coming onto the deck near her!

  • #16
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,737

    Ignore jkason
    ((OOC: Would jumping across the sailstuffs be considered a 5 foot or a 10 foot jump for purposes of determining DC?))

  • #17
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,283

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    OOC - We'll call it a DC10 with a running start.

  • #18
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,737

    Ignore jkason

    Midian Rightson, human druid

    Quote Originally Posted by SelcSilverhand
    OOC - We'll call it a DC10 with a running start.
    (OOC: Hrm. Double that without a run--since Midian's too close. Hrm. Maybe later in the round, then.)

    Midian barks out something unintelligable, and a burst of light explodes in front of the nearest crab.

    "I think it's some kind of merfolk on the mast, maybe even a Sahuagin" he says.

    OOC
    Casting Flare. DC 13 Fort save or crabby is dazzled.

  • #19
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,283

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    Johan, seeing Whisper cut off from the rest of the group, backs up and then leaps across the fallen sails. Whispers bolt of ice spears the crab crawling towards her, splintering part of its carapace. The crab staggers backwards for a moment, before continuing its advance. The two sailors near the bow quickly recover from their shock and pick up gaffs. The first charges down the steps at one of the snakes. He jabs at it with the gaff but misses. The snake in turn sinks its fangs into his leg. On the other side of the sail, The crab crawls down off the railing onto the deck. It advances towards Seria, clicking its massive claws menacingly when a bright flash explodes in front of its eye stalks. Midian's spell dazes the creature. It staggers back and forth in confusion. The two crabs on her right finish climbing over the railing and advance towards her.



    Seria - You can take your readied action since the crabs were moving towards you, add in a +1 attack bonus for elevation on the staircase. Add it in with your next round posts.

    MAP
    Spoiler:

    Code:
        ||
       |  |
      | X  |
     |--H---|
     | vX   |
     |  O   |
     |  ####|
     |Cv####|
     |JW####|
    ====O=====
     &&&&&&&&
     |M     |
     |      |
     |C O   |
     |  CC  |
     |--S---|
      |  X | 
       |  |  
        ||   
    
    S : Seria
    J : Johan
    M : Midian
    W : Whisper
    X : Sailor
    
    
    H : Stairs
    0 : Mast
    & : Fallen sail
    Init Order
    Midian
    Seria
    Johan
    Whisper
    Sailors
    Bad Guys

    OOC
    You can climb over the sail with a full round action, but are flatfooted while doing so since you're navigating a tangle of rope and uneven footing.


    Johan Jump (1d20+3=13)
    Crab Will Save (1d20=5)

  • #20
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Mista Collins's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Coral Springs, FL
    Posts
    2,314

    Ignore Mista Collins
    Though Seria was prepared to meet the crab with her rapier, the sudden shift of the boat as it was moved by the ocean's waves threw her off balance and she missed wildly.

    Gaining her composure she thrusts forward with her rapier once more, barely causing the crab any harm.

    rolls
    Attack#1: 1d20+5=6
    Attack#2: 1d20+5=20
    Damage: 1d6=1

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 128 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 756
      Last Post: Yesterday, 02:56 PM
    2. The Wayfinders: 6 Years Running
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 5th April, 2012, 11:37 AM
    3. Isle of the Ape - your experiences?
      By Quasqueton in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th January, 2009, 08:25 AM
    4. Wayfinders: Tempest Isle Players Gallery
      By SelcSilverhand in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 13th October, 2008, 09:03 PM
    5. Isle of the Laughing Gallows - A gritty pirate isle for L4W
      By Dunamin in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 06:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •