The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Sorry, I thought it was clear; Whisper's stuck. She can't get out, even on a natural 20. She has no spells that don't require somatic components. Taking pretty much any action at all in a grapple requires a grapple check, which she autofails. So...the wiggling helplessly thing I posted before is all she can do until it lets her go or she dies, as far as I can tell. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. :) )

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
Oops, okay, I misread the last part where you said you knew what your next spell was. I assumed that meant your spell for next round, not next level =) So now we just need Midian to chime in, if he doesn't I've got an action queued up for him.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Round 1

Round 1
As the massive serpent closes its jaws around Whisper there is a moment of frantic activity as everyone spins about to look at the snake. Dorel quickly calls out the words of one of his spells, targeting the creatures mind with his attack. To his distress the snake's predatory will seems to be as strong as his own and it brushes aside his spell. Kraken and Glaive rush to Whispers aid and attack the snakes body with slashing blows. Both of their weapons easily pierce the creatures hide and draw blood, but do little to slow it down. Whisper wiggles her shoulders, her morphic body allowing her to flex her muscles in odd ways. She manages to move one arm far enough to draw her dagger and plunge it into the snakes soft palate. The snake hisses and unhinges its jaw as it swallows the changeling. You see a lump pass down it's throat as Whisper is transferred into its belly. Midian shouts in horror at seeing his long time companion devoured. He casts a spell and leaps forward to touch the serpent. Sickly greenish light envelops his hand as he presses it against the creatures cheek. A violent shudder passes through its body as the magical poison wracks its system.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Whisper is currently at 0 hit points and swallowed. You're still considered grappled but you can cut yourself free by attacking an AC of 12 and doing 15 points of damage.

Initiative Order:
Dorel 24
Kraken 22
Whisper 18
Snake 10
Glaive 8
Midian/Ape 3

Snake Initiative (1d20 3=10)
Snake Will Save (1d20 4=23)
Swallow Whole Damage (1d8 11=12)
Whisper vs snake grapple (1d20 1=16, 1d20 23=40)

Midian, Whisper Initiative (1d20 2=3, 1d20 2=18)
Glaive Attack and Damage (1d20 6=23, 3d6=10)
Whisper Attack while Grappled (1d20-2=14, 1d4=4)
Poison touch attack (1d20 4=21, 1d10=10)
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Jungle Encounter Rnd1.JPG
    Jungle Encounter Rnd1.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 83

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 39/39, F +4,R+4,W+4
Eldritch blast: +5/+6, 3d6 damage

Sensing the urgency of this fight, Glaive activates his magic Gloves, causing them to give up a cold smoke as he attacks the serpent again.

[sblock=ooc]
Swift action to use one charge of the gloves.
Attack snake: Eldritch Glaive (1d20+5=19, 3d6=11, 2d6=11)
Hit 19 touch for 22 damage (11 typeless, 11 cold)
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As Whisper is swallowed, a disgusted Doral realizes that the best chance for her survival is to help slay the serpent as quickly as possible and hope that she can be sliced out in time. He pulls his wand and fires, taking care to avoid striking the bulge that is his fellow adventurer.

[sblock]
Either I made a mistake, invisible castle is buggy, or I just rolled the best magic missile roll ever... If if was the first two, please feel free to reroll for me.

Magic missiles: 15 points of damage.

Roll Lookup
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Crushed by the monster's gizard, burning in its stomach, Whisper wonders how it ever came to this. What did it all mean in the end? What good did any of it do?

Weakly, halfheartedly, she jabs with her dagger again...knowing it won't do any good, but refusing to just give up before it's done.

And then it is. She goes limp and slack in the snake's gullet...

(No invis castle here, feel free to roll dagger attack. Since she was at 0HP this moves her to -1 and unconsciousness. Unless the stomach damage is really really low this round...I figure this is it for her. Sigh.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken grunts out a few choice expletives as he sees the struggling bulge in the snake's gullet that is Whisper get drawn further in. His eyes seem to cloud over and his dreadlocks and beard are blown in a wind no-one else can feel.

With startling quickness he brings his falchion down twice in quick succession on the snake's neck, just behind the head.

[SBLOCK="OOC"]
Entering Frenzy to get two attacks and Str boost.

First attack 1d20+7=14
First damage 2d4+7=9

Second Attack 1d20+7=20
Second Damage 2d4+7=10
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Dorel magical bolts slam into the snakes head, knocking it towards Kraken who swings his giant falchion as swiftly as if it were a mere dagger. Two powerful overhand chops break through vertebrae and sever the nerves in its neck. The snake thrashes uncontrollably as it dies. Glaive steps up and slashes a long slit down the snakes belly. Amidst the sliding organs you catch a glimpse of one of Whispers legs. The snake continues shuddering even after its death as muscles continue to twich.

[SBLOCK]
Whisper is currently at -2 hp, -1 for taking and action and -1 for acid damage.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases