The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 39/39, F +4,R+4,W+4
Eldritch blast: +5/+6, 3d6 damage

Glaive helps the others to free Whisper and draws his wand to bestow healing to her.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken swiftly kneels down and lays a hand on the still form of Whisper, chanting as he does so.

"Savage fang, undo your work
Grandfather Serpent, take back your venom
Healing waters, wash away these wounds"

There is a brief tang of sea salt in the air as life returns to Whisper's body.

[SBLOCK="OOC"]
Spontaneous Cure Light Wounds for 1d8+2=8

I figured Kraken's healing magic is not gentle - he's a follower of a storm god, after all. It's more like rapid battle magic, and stings like ice water and salt in a wound as it does its work, probably leaving scars.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper's eyes open wide abruptly, and she sucks in a long, hoarse gasp of air. Her back arches. She grabs at the mask over her face and pulls it up to clear it away from her mouth and nose, if not actually taking it completely off. Her lips are thin and her nose curiously flat...little more than a bulge with nostrils. The skin of her face is a smooth grey tone.

She lies there for a moment, breathing hard. Then healthy flesh tone color seeps into her face. Her lips puff out into full red rosebuds, and her nose pulls up into an elegant, pert little button; suitable for the pretty elven face she reveals as she pulls the mask off entirely.

Shakily Whisper looks at Kraken, then the others. Her expression is unusually emotional, though of course she's a very good actress. She looks close to tears though; big green eyes watering, lips trembling.

"Thank you," she whispers.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

As Whisper's dying form falls out of the serpent, Midian finds himself paralyzed, throat tight as he is overwhelmed with the thought that he might lose yet another of his schoolmates to the life they've chosen. He has only just registered her movement and flashed on the thought of his healing wand when Kraken uses his own magics to bring Whisper back from the brink.

The druid stumbles closer.

"Next time you want to study wildlife, I can probably come up with something safer," he says, but while his words are full of jest, his shaky delivery, and the fact that he cannot bring himself to look Whisper in the eyes speak to the deep impact her near-death has made upon him.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well that was a near-run thing, indeed. I think we may need to find a better way to look for danger. Despite our best efforts, that thing got the drop on us. I'll continue to keep a sharp lookout, but I must admit my attempt failed in this case." Doral waits for Whisper to be back on her feet before surveying the path once more with alternating naked eye and spyglass.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 39/39, F +4,R+4,W+4
Eldritch blast: +5/+6, 3d6 damage

Glaive feels a kinship to Whisper. Both hide their true appeareance behind 'masks'. He gently asks her: "While I'm no real healer myself, I would suggest that I use my wand to heal your remaining blemishes."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken's not seen Whisper with her mask off, nor seen a changeling do what they do. His eyes open wide and he quirks an eyebrow.

"Bloody oath...," he says quietly, staring at the sorceress for slightly longer than is polite. Then, with a groan of effort he levers himself to his feet, using his falchion for support.

"Right, mates," he says in his normal breezy fashion. "Reckon we keep moving if the lady's okay. Midian mate," he turns to the druid and pulls a handful of pod-like vegetation from a pouch. "This here's what we call Long Corn. Reckon you could keep an eye out for it? You seem to know the Green best out of all your lot. Keeps well in the jungle, good bush tucker. Doesn't suffer from Ration Rot Moss like other stuff. Glaive mate, if the lady needs more healing maybe you can give her a little tap her with yer magic stick." He gives the warlock a sly wink, well aware of the (weak) innuendo.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Reckon we keep moving if the lady's okay. Midian mate," he turns to the druid and pulls a handful of pod-like vegetation from a pouch. "This here's what we call Long Corn. Reckon you could keep an eye out for it? You seem to know the Green best out of all your lot. Keeps well in the jungle, good bush tucker. Doesn't suffer from Ration Rot Moss like other stuff.

Midian snaps out of his reverie, glancing at the plant Kraken shows him. He smiles weakly and nods. "I suspect I can manage that much, at least," he agrees.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Once Whisper is back on her feet and restored to health through use of Glaives wand, you re-orient yourself and set off through the jungle at a cautious pace. Midian notes the lack of any large fauna in the area due to the predations of the large serpent. After a few hours wildlife becomes more prevalent as you move out of its old hunting range. While traveling Midian and Kraken keep an eye out for more food to supplement their supplies. They manage to collect enough long corn for the party for a meal. Towards late afternoon another rain storm begins, though it is not nearly as strong as last nights storm. The trees overhead blunt most of the rainfall and wind, turning it into a constant trickle. After two hours, as the sun begins to disappear over the rim of the island, the wind and rain die down. Your party locates a space between the trees large enough for a camp. You estimate that you have traveled two thirds of the way to the place where Dorel saw smoke through his spyglass. If your pace continues you should reach that location by noon tomorrow. You start a small fire to cook the long corn and ward off the night and settle down for the evening.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I can take first watch," Doral offers. He casts see invisibility, then goes to the stockpile of dried wood to feed the campfire before hanging his mithril shirt up so he can rest his shoulders.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases