The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle - Page 23




  1. #221
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,603
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    Whisper looks up from the corn she was nibbling unenthusiastically at to Doral.

    "Care for some company?" she asks in her quiet, serious voice. "I don't feel much like going to sleep right away."

 

  • #222
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,610
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Kraken takes the time to lash together a few canopies of branches covered with broad leaves, to keep the worst of the rain of everybody. Curling up beneath his one he mutters

    "I'll take watch before dawn, I'm usually up then anyway. Wake me if anyone gets eaten again."
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #223
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    6,008

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    Doral seems surprised about Whisper's request, but then answers with, "I would welcome the company, Lady Whisper. I imagine that it would be quite difficult finding sleep after your recent ordeal." Doral spends the rest of the watch chatting quietly about unrevealing, and most likely almost entirely false, stories about travelling as a merchant through Zilargo.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #224
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,812

    Ignore jkason

    Midian Rightson, human druid

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Simon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Kraken takes the time to lash together a few canopies of branches covered with broad leaves, to keep the worst of the rain of everybody. Curling up beneath his one he mutters

    "I'll take watch before dawn, I'm usually up then anyway. Wake me if anyone gets eaten again."
    Midian slumps a bit at the mention of the recent attack and what he sees as his own failure for yet another being in his company.

    "So long as I have the time in the morning to meditate, we can take whatever watch is uncovered," Midian says, gesturing to include himself and his ape--which has climbed a nearby tree and huddles on a fat branch. [color=sandybrown]"Wake me whenever someone needs to be spelled. With that, the druid begins to make preparations to sleep.

  • #225
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 39/39, F +4,R+4,W+4
    Eldritch blast: +5/+6, 3d6 damage

    "I can take any watch you like me to take, I have no need to prepare any magic. My eyes are not extraordinary keen, but unhindered by darkness." Glaive says to the others, sitting a bit away from them.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #226
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,290

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    As the sun sets the air is filled with the songs and calls of jungle creatures. Bird calls slowly give way to distant primate cries. Midian's Ape sits up and sometimes chuff's loudly at the cries, perhaps hearing the call of his own tribe. Sleep would be difficult with all the strange noises, but fatigue helps you settle in. Dorel and Whisper talk quietly throughout the first watch before waking Glaive to take the second.

    Glaive
    Spoiler:

    Shortly after the others turn in you begin feel a growing sense of unease. It's the feeling before a big thunderstorm, the air hangs heavy with tension seeking release. The sensation makes you uncomfortable; it is a cold and dark feeling. A small part of your soul, still heavy with the taint of demonic influence, seems to sing with pleasure at its touch. You remain on alert throughout your watch, but can seem to find no source of the influence.

    OOC - During the coming battle the unusual sensation does not seem to be coming from the creature before you.


    Glaive slowly becomes aware of a change in the environment around him. The animal calls around him have ceased, though the distant echoing cries still carry through the air. Looking around he suddenly notices movement among the sleeping forms by the fire! Thick vines covered in leaves snake amid the sleeping forms, gently touching here and there as if tasting each form. Following them back to their source, he sees a huge leafy form. You can see no legs on the creature simply a pillar of vegetation. The vines are attached around a gaping orifice lined with broken splinters of wood reminiscent of teeth! Glaive's shout of warning rouses the sleeping party.


    OOC - Please post your initiatives and actions for Round 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Forest2- Round 1.jpg  

  • #227
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Dr Simon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,610
    Blog Entries
    47

    Ignore Dr Simon
    Kraken sighs as he gets up, picking up his falchion (habitually stuck in the ground next to him) as he goes.

    "What's a fella got to do to get a bloody night's kip around here?" he says to no-one in particular as he moves to put himself between the thing and the spellcasters. "Snack on this ya mangy bastard."

    He brings his falchion down in a mighty overhand chop.

    OOC

    Initiative 1d20+6=12

    Move action to get to square G5 (counting from top left) and draw weapon at the same time. Going to use his Smite domain power with this attack.

    Falchion Smite Attack 1d20+11=27
    Damage 2d4+6=11
    New from The Lazy GM: Freaks and Horrors. Pre-gen Pathfinder stats for forty monsters, classic and bizarre.
    The Lazy GM Series. Pre-generated monster stats for the discerning adventurer.
    The World of Conclave. Innovative (and free) webworld for d20.
    White Dwarf: The First 100 Issues
    Play By Post Links

  • #228
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 39/39, F +4,R+4,W+4
    Eldritch blast: +5/+6, 3d6 damage

    "Look for it's tentacles!" Glaive says to the others, before he summons eldritch energies and moves to engage the creature.
    ooc

    Initiative (1d20+3=15)
    Glaive shoots an Eldritch Blast (1d20+6=11, 3d6=15) (hits 11 touch for 15 damage)
    and moves down, right, down-right.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #229
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    6,008

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    Doral tries to take a few steps back away from the creature before a stream of bright colors flies from his body and towards the creature's eyes, "I swear! It's as if a man can't get a proper nights sleep anymore!" Doral is rendered invisible at the same time, giving an eery effect as his disembodied voice finishes his exclamation.

    Spoiler:

    Blinding Color Surge, DC: 16
    Init=12, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1746460/
    Last edited by Deuce Traveler; Saturday, 27th September, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #230
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,603
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    "Shavrath," Whisper swears as she pulls herself to her feet. "Is everything on this cursed island dangerous?"

    She looses a pack of three magical shards that loop in to the plant as if drawn to it!

    (Magic Missile. 9 damage. Roll Lookup )

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 23 of 128 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 770
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th September, 2014, 03:53 PM
    2. The Wayfinders: 6 Years Running
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 5th April, 2012, 11:37 AM
    3. Isle of the Ape - your experiences?
      By Quasqueton in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th January, 2009, 08:25 AM
    4. Wayfinders: Tempest Isle Players Gallery
      By SelcSilverhand in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 13th October, 2008, 09:03 PM
    5. Isle of the Laughing Gallows - A gritty pirate isle for L4W
      By Dunamin in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 06:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •