The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper looks up from the corn she was nibbling unenthusiastically at to Doral.

"Care for some company?" she asks in her quiet, serious voice. "I don't feel much like going to sleep right away."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken takes the time to lash together a few canopies of branches covered with broad leaves, to keep the worst of the rain of everybody. Curling up beneath his one he mutters

"I'll take watch before dawn, I'm usually up then anyway. Wake me if anyone gets eaten again."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral seems surprised about Whisper's request, but then answers with, "I would welcome the company, Lady Whisper. I imagine that it would be quite difficult finding sleep after your recent ordeal." Doral spends the rest of the watch chatting quietly about unrevealing, and most likely almost entirely false, stories about travelling as a merchant through Zilargo.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Kraken takes the time to lash together a few canopies of branches covered with broad leaves, to keep the worst of the rain of everybody. Curling up beneath his one he mutters

"I'll take watch before dawn, I'm usually up then anyway. Wake me if anyone gets eaten again."

Midian slumps a bit at the mention of the recent attack and what he sees as his own failure for yet another being in his company.

"So long as I have the time in the morning to meditate, we can take whatever watch is uncovered," Midian says, gesturing to include himself and his ape--which has climbed a nearby tree and huddles on a fat branch. "Wake me whenever someone needs to be spelled. With that, the druid begins to make preparations to sleep.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 39/39, F +4,R+4,W+4
Eldritch blast: +5/+6, 3d6 damage

"I can take any watch you like me to take, I have no need to prepare any magic. My eyes are not extraordinary keen, but unhindered by darkness." Glaive says to the others, sitting a bit away from them.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As the sun sets the air is filled with the songs and calls of jungle creatures. Bird calls slowly give way to distant primate cries. Midian's Ape sits up and sometimes chuff's loudly at the cries, perhaps hearing the call of his own tribe. Sleep would be difficult with all the strange noises, but fatigue helps you settle in. Dorel and Whisper talk quietly throughout the first watch before waking Glaive to take the second.

Glaive
[SBLOCK]
Shortly after the others turn in you begin feel a growing sense of unease. It's the feeling before a big thunderstorm, the air hangs heavy with tension seeking release. The sensation makes you uncomfortable; it is a cold and dark feeling. A small part of your soul, still heavy with the taint of demonic influence, seems to sing with pleasure at its touch. You remain on alert throughout your watch, but can seem to find no source of the influence.

OOC - During the coming battle the unusual sensation does not seem to be coming from the creature before you.
[/SBLOCK]

Glaive slowly becomes aware of a change in the environment around him. The animal calls around him have ceased, though the distant echoing cries still carry through the air. Looking around he suddenly notices movement among the sleeping forms by the fire! Thick vines covered in leaves snake amid the sleeping forms, gently touching here and there as if tasting each form. Following them back to their source, he sees a huge leafy form. You can see no legs on the creature simply a pillar of vegetation. The vines are attached around a gaping orifice lined with broken splinters of wood reminiscent of teeth! Glaive's shout of warning rouses the sleeping party.

OOC - Please post your initiatives and actions for Round 1

Attachments

• Forest2- Round 1.jpg
    Forest2- Round 1.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 60

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken sighs as he gets up, picking up his falchion (habitually stuck in the ground next to him) as he goes.

"What's a fella got to do to get a bloody night's kip around here?" he says to no-one in particular as he moves to put himself between the thing and the spellcasters. "Snack on this ya mangy bastard."

He brings his falchion down in a mighty overhand chop.

[SBLOCK=”OOC”]
Initiative 1d20+6=12

Move action to get to square G5 (counting from top left) and draw weapon at the same time. Going to use his Smite domain power with this attack.

Falchion Smite Attack 1d20+11=27
Damage 2d4+6=11
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral tries to take a few steps back away from the creature before a stream of bright colors flies from his body and towards the creature's eyes, "I swear! It's as if a man can't get a proper nights sleep anymore!" Doral is rendered invisible at the same time, giving an eery effect as his disembodied voice finishes his exclamation.

[sblock]
Blinding Color Surge, DC: 16
Init=12, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1746460/
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Shavrath," Whisper swears as she pulls herself to her feet. "Is everything on this cursed island dangerous?"

She looses a pack of three magical shards that loop in to the plant as if drawn to it!

(Magic Missile. 9 damage. Roll Lookup )

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases