The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian silently curses himself for not thinking before acting. Still, the elemental provides at least another target.

"If you have a weapon without a point or a blade, use that or acid. It's what this creature's most vulnerable to!" Midian calls out to his companions. Having neither himself, the druid barks out a short command and a flash of brilliant light explodes in front of the plant creature. He only hopes its enough to help his ape companion wrest free during the distraction.

[sblock=OOC]D'oh! Should have thought to make a Know: Nature check first. Ah, well, nothing to do about it now but carry on. Midian's casting Flare, which may or may not actually be able to effect this creature, but what the heck. If it's susceptible, Fort save 13 or dazzled.

Garuk's checks: Grapple check;Claw attack; damage (1d20+12=18, 1d20+7=21, 1d6+5=6)

I'm assuming breaking the grapple wouldn't leave him a full attack action, so I just rolled one claw

Fire Elemental rolls: Fire Elemental attack; damage; fire damage (1d20+3=7, 1d4=1, 1d4=3)

I'm not sure if either critter has a flank going, though the attack results aren't likely to change for this round in either case.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken barely seems to register his bleeding wounds. Sensing weakness in the plant creature, he sizes up for another strike, attempting to sever the tendrils holding Midian's ape, if he can.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Standard falchion attack, not an actual Sunder attempt. That's just for flavour.
Attack 1d20+7 = 20; Damage 2d4+4 = 9
[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The repeated attacks shatter the already badly damaged creature. It collapses in a mound of debris that continues to shudder and twitch. It's various component parts, branches, leaves, and vines writhe and move to reform the body. It seems to be slowly reanimating. For now though the large maw gapes open, no longer ready to devour a victim and the massive tentacle vines lie still.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

The repeated attacks shatter the already badly damaged creature. It collapses in a mound of debris that continues to shudder and twitch. It's various component parts, branches, leaves, and vines writhe and move to reform the body. It seems to be slowly reanimating. For now though the large maw gapes open, no longer ready to devour a victim and the massive tentacle vines lie still.

Midian calls his ape back to him, asking, "Does anyone have any acid? I think that might be what we need to make sure this thing doesn't come back before the morning. And I have my healing wand for whomever might need it."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken plucks shards of wood from his wounds.

"Yeah, reckon that'd be ripper, Midian mate," he says. "I seem to be bleeding again, wonder how that keeps happening, eh? I used up me own chants helping the lady out of that snake."

He muses over the ruins of the creature.

"Ain't never seen one of these before," he says, scratching his beard. "The Big Green seems to be more hostile than usual, reckon the presence of these deadfellas, or constructs or whatever, is getting it riled up. Ain't got no acid, Midian mate. Reckon setting it on fire would do as well?"

Shayuri

First Post
"Smashing it sounds easier," Whisper notes dryly. "If only we had a huge gorilla around here with massive fists that could crush it."

She grins at Midian, then goes to get a closer look at the plant.

"Once it stops growing, cut it open to expose the digestive sac."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Midian's ape, the elemental, and Doral immediately get to work beating the plant creature into submission. Before long the various parts cease quivering and lie still. With some torches to provide the light, everyone begins sorting through the bits and pieces as Whisper suggested. Moments later Doral calls out that he has found something. It appears to be a massive root, large enough to hold a person, though now it is mostly crushed from the battle. Slicing it open releases a foul stench and thick fluids. Wherever the fluid strikes it hisses and spits loudly as the acid etches the surface. The interior of the "stomach" is comprised of hundreds of pointed root tips focused inward to tap into the nutrients of digesting food. Using long sticks your group probes the interior at various points until you spot a pale shape. Extracting it reveals a humanoid armbone with hand still attached. Most of the flesh has dissolved away but wrapped around the bone is a glistening copper bracelet. Further searches of the "stomach" reveals a ring with a knuckle still stuck through it, a tattered piece of red cloth, and a thick khyber shard the size of a throwing stone.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC

Exp Rewards:
CR5 x2 - Undead on the Beach
CR6 - Advanced Giant Constrictor Snake
CR6 - Tendriculos
Time Exp - 5 months @ 750xp a month

Total per person - 1,500 + 3,750 = 5,250.

This puts everyone at 15,250 exp, enough for 6th Level!

Be sure to update your character at this thread. If you don't have a post there yet go ahead and create a new one with your 6th level stats.

Shayuri

First Post
YYEEESSSSSSS!!

The POWER!

The absolute power!

The universe is mine to command! TO CONTROL!

I'll get that update up shortly, sir. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases