The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper considers Midian's words.

"How far down is it from the top of the ridge down into the camp?" she asks musingly.

"I may have another way to get us down. One that involves less exposure."

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Just a thought," says Kraken. "But how many of those stone deadfellas did they send down the valley?" He pauses and grins. "Stone dead, eh?"

"Anyway, last time we fought them they were tough buggers, and you say the dogs are the same thing, Midian mate? Why don't we stop these wandering ones first and see what affects 'em? The lady reckons they ain't proper deadfellas, but I'd still like to see if my chant works against them. Or the shattering chant otherwise. It'd be better to do that with a couple we can catch on their own than risking it against a whole camp. And we might stop them getting to anyone else, eh?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC
[SBLOCK]
The remaining sailors and mercenaries were going to create a base on the shore of the island. They weren't entirely defenseless, as there were another 8 mercs that stayed behind along with Johan, Seria, and Raysuldra.

The cliff is approx. 100' tall.
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"That sounds good. I will try out my words that will shatte crystal, too."
Glaive says to Kraken.

[sblock=ooc]

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"The cliff is something on the order of 100' tall," the druid tells Whisper. "What did you have planned?"

To the suggestion they go undead hunting, Midian shudders slightly. "It might tell us something, though I wonder if this set weren't sent out to find the first that we destroyed. Taking out these may confirm our existence to the camp. But I'm willing to try whatever the group feels is the best plan. Green knows the world won't be worse off for two fewer of those monstrosities."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC - So that's two for attacking the undead in the jungle, 1 for either course, and 1 for infiltrating the camp. If there aren't any other comments one way or the other I'll send you out after the undead saturday morning.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
During the night you setup watches to observe the camp while you rest. The camp is largely quiet, though you see that the guards continue to patrol throughout the night. The night is cool without a fire and the humming insects swarm you throughout the night.
When morning arrives everyone is itchy with bug bites but at least the evening was uneventful. Midian and Kraken lead the way as you set out to pick up the trail of the undead. It takes a few hours to work your way down into the valley and almost as long to find their trail. There are four tracks on the trail. They head in a straight line roughly southeast for a mile before suddenly swerving off to the south. Shortly thereafter you come across a grisly scene. Several badly mutilated animal bodies lie before you. They look like some kind of wild pig. After examining the bodies you notice that the tusks and lower jaws from the bodies have been removed along with the hooves and some of the larger internal bones and some tendons. The trail returns to the original path and continues onward for almost two miles farther. Suddenly Midian raises a hand to signal a halt and turns his head to listen. Everyone strains to hear for a moment. A cry makes your heart leap. Somewhere ahead an almost human cry of pain sounds again. The sounds of simian warning calls joins the sound.
Moving forward cautiously, you advance towards where you heard the sound. Up ahead you catch sight of them. It looks like they caught a small tribe of apes on the ground away from the safety of the trees. The rest of the tribe are up in the canopy shrieking in anger at them. Occasionally one of them throws a stick down but the undead ignore them. They are in the process of removing the long arms and adding it to a pile one of the creatures in holding. They way they move and work together seems unusually intelligent for skeletons. No two look exactly alike, though they all share the same general features. An elongated skull with rows of a variety of sharp teeth, long limbs, and claws hands and feet. It seems that the noise the apes are making is covering your approach. You are about 30' away with some light brush and trees between you and them.

OOC - Map to come later when I get more time

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I supppose 'run up and hit them lots' doesn't count as a plan, eh?" asks Kraken. "Last time these things were pretty tough to take down, and they can dish out lots of damage too, take it from me, eh? I can ask the spirits to bless us, that'll give us an edge in combat. There are three things I want to test on these things - me deadfella chant, me shattering spell and this new bracelet thingy, probably in that order.

"Glaive mate, you're pretty handy in a stand-up fight, reckon you and me double team as much as we can, that way we'll take each bugger down faster. Maybe Midian's monkey can help too. The rest of you, stay back and use your chants."

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

After awakening and seeing the others scratching their bites, Glaive thinks: At least the rough hide, that now is my skin protects me from that...

------

"Sounds like a plan ;). I will try out my words that will shatter crystal as we moving close, too. For the close up fight, I need a bit dostance with my polearm to be effective. Let's hope, the chants work."
Glaive says to Kraken.

[sblock=ooc]
When starting the attack, Glaive uses Baleful Utterance at the undead, targetting their supposed 'Power Crystal' (same effect as the Shatter spell.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases