The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive continues his assault, but manages to shout some understandable words between. "No spells! Invisible demons leave the shattered crystals and attack your minds! There it is, Whisper! Try to send your motes against it!"

[sblock=ooc]
http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Glaive#202713
Shatter deals 24 damage.

Use 'Shatter' effect: 14

Trying to indicate the babau's square to Whisper.

Activated Effects: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian's animals continue their assault, even as the druid shakes his head as if to clear it, wand poised to heal his ape from its continued damage.

[sblock=OOC]Action Points are usable on any d20 roll, is that right? If not, the save was only 15:

Will Save with Action Point (1d20+8+1d6=18)

Since I'm not sure if it worked, I held off on describing Midian's actions in full. He intends to heal Garuk again, but if he failed the check, I'm not sure that's what he'll be doing. :uhoh:

Also, I rolled the Dire Wolf's trip attempt in case the undead on the ground expires before his turn and he moves on to the standing one. If not, just disregard. I added in the Bless bonuses to all the attack rolls.

Dire Wolf Attack;damage;trip attempt Round 4 (1d20+12=20, 1d8+10=12, 1d20+11=17)

Claw;damage;claw;damage;bite;damage, round 4 (1d20+11=21, 1d8+5=11, 1d20+11=17, 1d8+5=6, 1d20+6=26, 1d6+2=6)

CLW for Garuk, round 4 (1d8+1=9)

HP totals
Ape: 12/38 (before healing)
Dire Wolf: 6/45
Midian: 45/45[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

Finding his focus again, Midian touches his wand to Garuk, trying to keep his animal companion from falling.

"I think I just felt another demon," Midian calls out. "If they escape when we crack the crystals, maybe we should avoid more shattering?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral grimaces and says, "Invisible demons, you say...". Because of the warning he avoids casting a see invisibility spell. Instead he takes a handful of sand and throws it around him, trying to look for any shapes.

Shayuri

First Post
"It's no good," Whisper says grudgingly to Glaive. "I need to be able to see to direct the spell. A weakness I didn't think of when I developed it."

She grits her teeth angrily.

"I suppose some sort of vision enhancement would be useful after all."

With a flourish and an arcane incantation, the sorceress summons another flurry of destructive pinpricks of light and guides them to the skeletons!

(Another Manyjaws...3d6 to each, Ref save DC 18 for half. Can't roll right now. Feel free to roll for me, or I'll roll later this evening.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken scowls. Undead, invisble demons, they all came under one heading in his primitive theology - bad ju-ju. Feeling the power of Storm raging within him he grows frustrated with holding his position. The wolf was just another type of spirit, and expendable. The ape was just an animal and not worth worrying about, but it was important to Midian, and the druid had been helpful against the undead.

With a snarl, Kraken steps forwards and attacks the undead in front of him.

[Sblock=ooc]
Can I use my roll from last time, since Kraken hasn't made an attack yet? Falchion attack on undead directly in front, currently facing wolf.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
End of Round 4
Seeing that the undead on the ground can no longer advance Kraken takes the fight to it. He steps forward and swings his falchion down in a powerful overhead chop. The blade snaps several ribs in its chest. Whisper quickly summons another swarm of magical motes that chew away at the two undead. The one on the ground falls apart as the motes break the final few sinews holding it together. Midian's wolf leaps over the remains and attacks the remaining undead along with Garuk. The undead keeps its feet despite the sudden onslaught. Midian presses the wand to the back of his companion once more, infusing it with positive energy. Dorel grabs a handful of sand and flings it all the way around him but doesn't see any forms in the dust. Glaive uses his shatter invocation against the remaining creature, damaging the crystal within.

Round 5
The creature rages, swinging its claws wildly. Its first claw catches Midian's ape in the throat and tears a sickening gash in it. The second claw catches Kraken across his shoulder and upper arm, doing serious damage to him as well. Even after the claw has passed the wound continues to widen as the slime from the creatures claws melts away flesh and muscle.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
OOC - Critical hit on Garuk, he has 1 hit point left.
[/SBLOCK]

Glaive
[SBLOCK]
It appears that after the demons touch someone they disappear once more. You didn't see any appear this round.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Round5.jpg
    Round5.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 62

jkason

First Post

Midian hisses as the undead so brutally wounds Garuk, but he touches the wand to the ape once more, hoping to keep him standing until they can finish off this last creature.

Garuk perseveres, slashing and biting even as the summoned dire wolf launches another attack.

[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure if a 5' step lets the Dire wolf flank or not. If so, I'd like to move it into flank. Rolls don't have a flanking bonus on them, though, since I wasn't sure:

Dire Wolf Attack; damage; trip attempt round 5 (1d20+12=24, 1d8+10=18, 1d20+11=26)

Garuk Claw;damage;claw;damage;bite;damage, round 5 (1d20+11=21, 1d8+5=7, 1d20+11=12, 1d8+5=10, 1d20+6=21, 1d6+2=4)

CLW Garuk, round 5 (1d8+1=4)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases