The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Both the captain and the mercenary wear serious expressions as you give them the bad news. "That's a bit more than we expected to find here. We had planned to be facing pirates, not undead horrors and devils! This island is cursed, it'd be better if your employers would just give up this find. Did they give you a way to contact them? It'd be better for the men if you didn't breathe a word of this however. Sailors are a superstitious lot and I don't want them trying to mutiny on us.

Ruoark speaks up and says, "So far we haven't seen any signs of activity here on the beach. We've got the crows nest manned at all hours looking for sails, and men on the beach to see if anything comes out of the jungle. We'll be able to start loading the supplies we've collected so far onto the ship. Additionally we'll start keeping more of the sailors on the ship and rotate them out every day, so that some of them can make ready to sail quickly if need be. The fighting men should stay here on the beach where they can take care of any of the enemies you flush out."

Dorel
[SBLOCK]
Scanning the area with your spyglass, you don't immediately notice anything amiss. However your honed instincts tell you that you are being watched. Sure enough, after a few moments you spot a figure crouched in the brush along the shore far from the camp. It looks to be a native, dressed in simple home spun clothes like Kraken. He seems to be simply watching the activity within the camp. None of the sailors or mercenaries seem aware of his presence.

As you enter the tent you stay near the back and try to look casual while you maintain your focus. The others fill the captain and the mercenary in about everything that has been going on. While your spell indicates that both men are of average intelligence, their minds shrug off the effects of the spell giving you nothing in return.Their reactions appear genuinely surprised at the news.

Irestone, Ruoark Will Saves vs Detect Thoughts (1d20 3=18, 1d20 2=22)
Dorel Sense Motive (1d20 9=11)
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral listens and then says, "Well, I have more wonderful news. It seems that we are being observed by an individual looking a bit dressed for the rough, like our friend Kraken. He was able to stay hidden from our guards, but I know where he last was and plan to go after him." Thus saying, Doral casts a spell at himself and disappears.

[sblock]
Casts invisibility on himself and tries to move quietly and relocate the spy. As he gets near he'll try to detect thoughts.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Doral listens and then says, "Well, I have more wonderful news. It seems that we are being observed by an individual looking a bit dressed for the rough, like our friend Kraken. He was able to stay hidden from our guards, but I know where he last was and plan to go after him." Thus saying, Doral casts a spell at himself and disappears.

"Well, you can't say he doesn't have initiative," the druid says with a wry smile.

"Perhaps I should take to the air and have a quick look around, myself? Clearly I won't see Doral, but maybe I'll catch sight of his friend."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Dorel
[SBLOCK]
You move a bit inland so that you can circle the spot where you last saw the native. Before approaching him you cast your spell and slowly creep forward. Within moments your spell confirms his presence and location. he seems to be of slightly below average intelligence. As you concentrate your spell picks out more and more details until finally the echoes of his mind come through clearly. He is curious but also nervous about the encampment. He is worried that they have come to raid his tribe for treasure and slaves. Should they prepare to attack he is ready to dash into the jungle and follow wild pig paths until he is close to his village. Sometime this evening he expects his relief so he can go home to rest and eat with his wife and children.
While you don't pick up any malicious thoughts, you can tell he is definitely wary and distrusting of these sailors and mercenaries. A final thought catches your attention however. He is wondering why two of the strangers lit a signal fire several days ago far down the beach, out of sight of the encampment.
[/SBLOCK]

Dorel fades from sight as his spell takes hold. He leaves without even ruffling the canvas of the tent as he exits. Midian follows behind him, shifting into the form of a seagull and soaring up out of the camp. He circles far above, joining the other birds as he keeps an eye out for trouble.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
[sblock]
The beguiler takes a few steps away from the strange man in order to give himself space for a second spell if his first fails. Then he casts a spell to knock the man unconscious.

OOC: Sleep at the man. DC: 16 to resist.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Those outside can now see Dorel, no longer invisible, approach a rough tangle of brush and rocks.

Dorel
[SBLOCK]
The man falls unconscious. His skin is deeply tanned like leather and marked all over by lighter scars. He carries a dual pronged spear, more suited to fishing than battle, with barbed tips. Nearby is a water pouch and some rations. He is naked but for a loincloth and some shell jewelry around his neck and a bronze armlet around one bicep.
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken steps outside to watch proceedings. He holds his sling in his right hand, his left searching through his pouches for the slingstones that hold the power of the storm.

OOC: Prep sling and thundering stone.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Those outside can now see Dorel, no longer invisible, approach a rough tangle of brush and rocks.

Gull-Midian angles his glide to take him in the direction of the now-visible Dorel. He circles wide above the site, looking for others who might cause trouble, but for now stays in his animal form to provide early warning.

[sblock=OOC]Spot/Listen +9[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral beams, waves his companions over and shouts with cupped hands, "HA! I got him without scratching him a bit! How's that for a piece of work, Kraken!"

As they approach he adds in a whisper, "I read his thoughts while I approached him. It seems that a couple of people have been lighting signal fires on a beach away from this position. Either they are from the enemy camp, or quite likely we have spies in our midsts. I would not mind trying to ferret them out." Doral says tapping his dagger and frowning grimly.

Remove ads