The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken puts his sling away again and strolls over to Doral with a nonchalant gait.

"Nice work, mate," he says. "Now, let's have a look at this fella." He kneels down to check the person who Doral has caught, to see if he recognises him/her as one of the villagers.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

After Doral's shout approaches Glaive to the nearly naked man. His otherwoldly senses look for any magics he might carry.

[sblock=ooc]
Use detect magic SA
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper watches the proceedings with vague interest, but doesn't feel moved to approach. She stays where she is for now, observing.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken kneels down by the man and looks him over. His skin is deeply tanned like leather and marked all over by lighter scars. He is naked but for a loincloth and some shell jewelry around his neck and a bronze armlet around one bicep. In the brush nearby you can see a dual pronged spear, more suited to fishing than battle, with barbed tips.

Kraken
[SBLOCK]
You don't recognize him as being one of your villagers. from the markings on his jewelry you believe he is from one of the smaller tribes farther east. Your people have had trade with them on occasion, however they worship beasts of the seas and not the storm gods of your tribe and thus your people have never been close.
[/SBLOCK]

Glaive - You do not detect any magical auras on his person other than the lingering enchantment effect of Dorel's spell.

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Strange," says Kraken. "This fella comes from a tribe on the far east of the island; we don't have much to do with them, but they ain't usually into bad mojo, eh? I wonder what he's doing here.... Dorel mate, how long before he knocks the grog out of his system?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Only a couple more minutes, I'm afraid. I can bind him if you wish, though I do not know how he will react when he wakes up bound. Whatever discussion you want to have with him may start off badly." Doral starts going through his pack for something to bind the man with.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken scratches at his matted beard.

"Nah, skip it," he says, waving a hand at Doral. "No need to tie him up. Reckon if we disarm this mongrel, he won't do us much harm. And like you say, we don't want to get off on the wrong foot, eh?" He picks up the fishing spear.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"Perhaps his tribe was attacked, too." Glaive says as he looks down at the man.

[sblock=ooc]

[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral answer Glaive, "I got the impression he is familiar with raids, but I don't think he is familiar with the enemy camp. His conscious thoughts seemed confused by the presence of those from foreign lands and more concerned than fearful."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken seems lost in thought for a moment.

"Interesting...," he muses. "You know, I was going to ask the captain here if we could evacuate the folks from my village. No sense in leaving them to be in the way of these demonic deadfellas, eh? But then I'm thinking.... My people have been attacked by these deadfellas before. This bloke's tribe's been attacked. If we could get together all the warriors from both tribes, plus maybe some of your fighting fellas from the ship, well... Maybe none of them could do much against the deadfellas, but it might make one hell of a distraction so that we can get into the camp, eh?"

Remove ads