The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

SelcSilverhand said:
The crab holding Midian drags him another five feet closer to the railing. Johan hacks at it but can't find a chink in its armor. sailors blood flying from its lips.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
You sense a sudden burst of pain through your empathic link with Seeqir. Whatever he is fighting in the water struck a deadly blow.

New Grapple DC to avoid being moved: DC20
[/SBLOCK]

Midian claws at the deck, hoping for some purchase, but he merely scrapes his nails across the boards. He face takes on an extra pain, too, as he whimpers, "Seeqir! No!".

[sblock=OOC]Grapple to avoid dragging (1d20+4=11) :( [/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The crab reaches the railing, slowly dragging Midian a few feet at a time as it attempts to escape with its meal. Seria's dagger proves ineffectual against the crustaceans shell. Midian struggles harder as the beast reaches the railing. In the darkened water below he catches a glimpse of fins slashing at the surface. A white underbelly shows as a 12' shark rolls on its side to look up at you with its black eye. Johan steps forward with a loud cry and brings his sword down with all his might. A dull crack echoes across the deck as Johan splits its back. It spasms in pain, releasing its grip on Midian. It turns and raises its claws menacingly at Johan but before it can recover and attack the two mercenaries charge in. Their swords sever the crabs arms and half its legs. It collapses with a rattle at the railing. Teetering near the edge, Johan reaches out a hand to help pull Midian back from the edge. The second crab chases after the group and snaps at Rourk. It attempts to grab his leg, but the large man kicks free.
At the bow of the ship, Whisper incants another spell, releasing another set of magical bolts. The bolts strike the creature square in the chest. She can hear the sound of a rib snapping and sees black blood oozing from torn flesh. The sailor near her swings his gaff and hooks it in one of its four arms. The creature howls in pain from its numerous wounds. It's upper arms scratch at you while the lower ones reach down to grab a sailors corpse beneath it. Its claws rake Whisper across the chest as well as the sailor still standing before it rushes towards the railing dragging the body.

[SBLOCK]
Johan attack&damage (1d20 8=18, 1d8 3=8)
Seria attack&damage (1d20 3=11, 1d4=1, 2d6=7)
Whisper MM (2d4 2=6)
Rouark and second merc (1d20 5=24, 1d8 3=10, 1d20 5=12, 1d8 3=4)
Sailor with gaff (1d20 3=19, 1d6=3)
Sharkman (1d20 2=19, 1d4 3=6, 1d20 2=13, 1d4 3=5)
Sailor aoo (1d20 3=17, 1d6=1)
Whisper aoo (1d20 1=12, 1d4-1=2)
Crab vs Rourk (1d20 4=9, 1d6 2=5, 1d20 4=20, 1d6 2=4)
Crab grapple vs rourk (1d20 8=13, 1d20 5=23)
attack vs seeqir (1d20 7=10, 2d6 4=10)
Seeqir grapple and bite (1d20 4=9, 1d20-1=6, 1d6 1=7)
Code:
    ||
   |  |
  |    |
 |--H---|
 N   X  |
 | WO   |
 |  ####|
 |  ####|
 |  ####|
====O=====
 &&&&&H&&
 |      |
 |J     |
 MRRO   |
 |SC    |
 |--H---|
  |  X | 
   |  |  
    ||   

S : Seria
J : Johan
M : Midian
W : Whisper
X : Sailor
N : Sharkman
R : Mercs
H : Stairs
0 : Mast
& : Fallen sail

Init Order
Midian
Seria
Johan
Whisper
Sailors
Bad Guys

OOC
You can climb over the sail with a full round action, but are flatfooted while doing so since you're navigating a tangle of rope and uneven footing.
[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper sucks a pained breath in and clutches the gash across her shoulders with a hand, trying to press her clothes into it to stop the bleeding. Sparks of arcane energy snap and fizz from her as she casts the spell again; waste energy as she overchannels power into a spell that can't use it all...but the only spell she has that can is the ice shard, and its potential for injuring allies is too great for firing freely into a melee...

(5' step back and casting magic missile...on defensive if the 4 arm has reach that I've seen)

jkason

First Post

Relief flooding him as he's finally freed of the crab, Midian decides the crowd surrounding the last crab should be able to take it down. He turns his attention to their other opponent. Striding forward and drawing his bow, he lets loose an arrow at the sharkman.

[sblock=OOC]Moving to the edge of the fallen sail and drawing bow as part of movement.

Attack; Damage Shortbow vs. Sharkman (1d20+5=17, 1d6=3)[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Midian's arrow strikes the creature in the chest between the upper and lower arms. It staggers at the railing, dropping the sailors body at its feet. Whispers blast of magical energy strikes it in its back, shattering its spine. The creature collapses on the deck and lies still. Meanwhile, Seria takes advantage of the crabs distraction while it attempts to eat the Mercenary Rouark. She slips her dagger in between the legs and severs some muscle fibers. she withdraws her dagger just in time as Johan's sword crashes down on the creatures shell. There is a dull crack as the body splits nearly in two. The crab continues to fight for a moment before its tiny mind registers that it has lost half its body. It finally drops to the deck.
The captain emerges on deck wielding a wicked looking serrated scimitar. He starts shouting orders for the crew to muster on deck. More sailors and mercs climb out of the hold and set about securing the deck. The forward mast creaks ominously above Whispers head. The sailor near the fore deck approaches the body of the creature apprehensively and jabs it with his gaff. The rear mast still smolders and pops as whatever material hit it continues to eat through the wood.

Midian
[SBLOCK]
Another overwhelming jolt of agony hits you through you empathic link. It ends as abruptly as it began and you feel a hollowness inside.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Whisper MM (2d4 2=8)
Seria attack & damage (1d20 3=15, 1d4=2)
Seria sneak attack (2d6=4)
Johan Attack & Damage (1d20 8=27, 1d8 3=7)
Johan crit confirm (1d20 8=18, 1d8 3=5)
attack vs seeqir (1d20 7=21, 2d6 4=16)

Code:
    ||
   |  |
  |    |
 |--H---|
 NX     |
 | WO   |
 |  ####|
 |  ####|
 |  ####|
====O=====
 &&&&&H&&
 |      |
 |J     |
 MRRO   |
 |S     |
 |--H---|
  |  X | 
   |  |  
    ||   

S : Seria
J : Johan
M : Midian
W : Whisper
X : Sailor
N : Sharkman
R : Mercs
H : Stairs
0 : Mast
& : Fallen sail

Init Order
Midian
Seria
Johan
Whisper
Sailors
Bad Guys

OOC
You can climb over the sail with a full round action, but are flatfooted while doing so since you're navigating a tangle of rope and uneven footing.
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post

Midian falls to his knees, gasping. In the midst of the chaos following the attack, he looks blank. Looking into empty space he says, "Seeqir, he's ... gone."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper looks back at Midian, feeling a sympathetic stab. How would she feel if her familiar died? But there was no -time-...

"Stay clear from the railings for a moment," the changeling instructs. "We need something to wash this acid off with!"

She glances at the stricken druid. "Midian...I'm sorry, but we need you! Can you...make rain or water or something? If we lose both masts we haven't got a chance!"

jkason

First Post

Shayuri said:
She glances at the stricken druid. "Midian...I'm sorry, but we need you! Can you...make rain or water or something? If we lose both masts we haven't got a chance!"

Midian looks to Whisper, his eyes vacant for a moment. Then he seems to hear what she's said. Glancing to the mast, he pushes himself to his feet.

"We're on the ocean," he says "I never figured we'd need water, so I didn't call the pattern. But maybe ... " the druid's eyes narrow as he reaches into the air, twisting his hand as a creaking sort of moan issues from his mouth. The outer layer of wood with the acid on it issues a similar sound as it warps outward, easily cut away from the rest of the mast.

[sblock=OOC]Or, rather, that's what I'm hoping happens. I'm trying to use Warp Wood to separate the acid-touched layer from the rest of the mast. I may be trying to do more than the spell calls for, but I figure it can't hurt to try. Of course, I also figure Midian would know the inner workings of the spell well enough that he'd be aware if it wouldn't work, so I'm hoping you'll let me amend the action if you rule it's a nogo. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases