The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"The last time we shattered those crystals, didn't the creatures inside attempt to possess us? We avoided that, but I'm not sure if that was strong wills on our part or simply luck. Do we have any means of protecting against possession attempts?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral tells Ruoark, "Unfortunately, I can't help you with a good light source, but I can at least use a spell that will cause lights to dance around me and the others if it is too dark to differntiate friend from foe. That should help you avoid striking our position at least and may provide a miniscule amount of illumination. If that's all you have for me, I best run back to join my comrades."

Once Doral catches up to the rest of the group he relays his conversation with the two men and adds, "I can cast one more such invisibility spell and I've got a few other tricks up my sleeve."

DM
[sblock]
How many expeditious retreats did I use up?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods grimly.

"This may be a mistake then. Even if we get surprise on the ambush, they're likely to be using their most powerful creatures, and they won't be near depleted on power. And if we fail to surprise them..." She lets that trail off.

It may be our best option then is just to avoid the ambush entirely...though it pains me to see the opportunity to do damage to them slip away."

(OOC - I think I've spaced on something... Is this the same day that we fought the group of skeletons heading for the camp, or have we had a chance to rest since our last battle?)

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"And just shattering the stones brings the danger of body-less, invisible demon attacks..." Glaive says, looking at Kraken.

[sblock=ooc]
Hi everyone :)
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Doral only used up the 1 expeditious retreat to get to the camp fast. It has been 3 or 4 days since your last battle, and you had an opportunity to rest just before setting out for the midnight meeting. So you should be all set, other than the invis sphere and ex. retreat Doral used and Midian's shape shift.
Welcome back WD, good to see you!

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Good point. No shattering, then," says Kraken. "You could be right about avoiding a fight altogether, much as I hate to say it. With a good ambush you pick the spot so that the land gives you an advantage; we're not going to get that so much. We can maybe get a few good hits on them before they react but once it turns into a $#!t-kicking contest all bets are off, eh? And if they *are* planning to wipe us out, chances are they'll be sending something that they know is going to get the job done, eh?"

jkason

First Post
OOC: Doral only used up the 1 expeditious retreat to get to the camp fast. It has been 3 or 4 days since your last battle, and you had an opportunity to rest just before setting out for the midnight meeting. So you should be all set, other than the invis sphere and ex. retreat Doral used and Midian's shape shift.
Welcome back WD, good to see you!

OOC: Cool! Then Midian does still have a wildshape left (and more spells than I thought). :)

"How strong a force do we think they may have brought? Do we dare hope their strongest is here, and that we might sneak into their camp now and do damage while they wait for us?"

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper's eyes widen and she snaps her head around to look at Midian with sudden intensity.

"That's IT! That's an excellent idea! They'll be committing most of their forces to the ship, and bringing their most powerful creatures to finish us off at the ambush. Their camp will be as lightly defended as we'll ever find it! How fast can we get there?!"

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"I'm all for it, though how long do we think they'll wait for the ambush that never comes? If we don't get a good enough head start, we'll find ourselves sandwiched in the enemy camp.

Kraken, I don't suppose your people would be able to run distractions of some kind? Make them think we're still out here while we work our way inland?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases