The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
"I might be able to call on creatures that could carry us down the cliff, though I don't know that Doral's invisibility would be able to hide them all," Midian offers.

[sblock=OOC]Selc, would it be possible to do what I did underwater, using an Action Point to maximize a summons? I figure three hippogriffs might be enough to get the party down the cliff face. Midian won't need to ride since he can wildshape, Garuk has a natural climb speed, so he should be good, and it sounded like Doral might have a magical solution, too. Which just leaves Glaive, Whisper, Kraken, and the two natives to get down, I think?[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Splitting up is risky," Whisper says. "We could be picked off if separate by patrols we could defeat together. Can the invisibility hide us all? If so, lets use that. Keep your undead masking spell handy though, Kraken. It could be most useful during battle."

Kraken gives a curt nod to indicate his assent.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I believe I can cover us all, even if we use flying creatures to aid in our descent." Doral started performing mental calculations for the dimensions of such a spell.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
You spend most of the morning circling wide around the border of the camp. Midian notes that the line of deceased vegetation has increased since he last saw the camp. The patrols of guards and "guard dogs" continue around the borders, occasionally sweeping through the camp itself. A few enslaved natives toil away at moving bits of rock with wheelbarrows. They seem to enter and leave from two different buildings set against the cliff face. Large portions of the exposed cliff face are now covered with sheets and tarps to protect whatever is below it from the weather. Knowing that time is of the essence, you quickly proceed along the edge of dead vegetation.
Before long you are out of sight once more and climbing the ridge. The slope is steep and you find yourself often using ropes and vines to move upwards. Finally you reach the summit where the land levels off. The trees above the camp have largely been spared from whatever sickness is killing off the plants in the lowland. The ground drops away to the north forming a natural cliff above the camp. Midian stops in a small clearing and sets to work sweeping away leaves, sticks, and brambles. Once the area has been prepared he sketches a circle in the dirt and stands before it with his arms raised, his face contorted as he focuses. He begins intoning in a language unknown to you. The words cause the earth to ripple and vibrate as if he was speaking loudly at a surface of water. The distortion grows more turbulent until suddenly several shapes erupt from the field. Three large hippogriffs claw their way up out of the earth and stand erect on the forest loam. Their gaze is imperious as they survey your party, though they stand still and allow themselves to be mounted under Midian's direction. Without a saddle their backs are highly uncomfortable and lack good hand holds, though luckily you just need to grip them long enough to make it to the ground. Dorel covers himself and the others with a shroud of invisibility as you prepare to leap. Midian wildshapes into a bird of prey and glides down ahead with Garuk making his way down the rocky cliffs behind him. Dorel cast another spell to cause his hands and feet to cling to stone like a gecko and he follows the ape nimbly down the slope. The three hippogriffs buck and strain forward until you can restrain them no longer and they leap forward. They fall rather than fly, their wings tucked close to their bodies. You have to stifle a scream as the ground rushes up towards you. In unison, the three mounts snap their wings open and pull out of the dive. The ground blurs by underneath you and before you know it you are landing near one of the buildings.
It takes a few moments of confused movement before you locate each other by touch. Dorel and Midian soon join you, while Garuk tries to keep out of sight behind a nearby dead tree. There is no patrol in sight from your current location, though it could be just on the other side of the wall for all you know.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Midian expends 1 wild shape and Summon Nature's Ally 3 (and 1 action point). Dorel expends 4 invisibilities for himself, Kraken, Whisper, and Glaive. I am assuming you're having the 2 natives patrol the outskirts and try to draw attention later on, otherwise you'll need 2 more invis (or 1 invis sphere) for them to approach the camp from the ground since there aren't enough mounts with just 1 spell.
If you use any buffing spells before flying down let me know of changes to your AC or Saving Throws
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Encampment.jpg
    Encampment.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
OOC: Midian'll throw a Barkskin on himself (+3 natural AC for the next hour) before they descend. He's staying in bird form for now, waiting to see whether the others are looking for someplace specific or mounting the attack from here before changing.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: I think most of my buffs are too short-term (I'll check) to be prepared yet. Kraken has 10 each of +1 sonic and electrical sling bullets - he'll give 5 of each to each native before descending, and then set them on the distraction task.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive tries to help the others to find each other, his unnatural sight piercing the shroud of invisibility.

[sblock=ooc]
active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Whisper changes shape to match the general appearance and clothing of one of the slaves, though she doesn't leave the invisibility radius for now.)

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC: Okay, got it. I labeled some of the buildings on the map, let me know which one you want to head to first.

Attachments

• Encampment 3.jpg
    Encampment 3.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 54

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases