The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

jkason

First Post
((OOC: I'd vote for the big central building if we're trying to take out the encampment. Is that connected to the dragonshard mine itself, or is that further away from the camp?))

[sblock=Spells Prepared]Orisons (5, DC 13): Mending, Flare x2, Guidance, Create Water
1st level (4, DC 14): Magic Fang, Cure Light Wounds, Hide from Animals, Obscuring Mist
2nd level (4, DC 15): Barkskin, Bull's Strength, Summon Swarm, Lesser Restoration
3rd level (3, DC 16): Call Lightning*, Poison, Wind Wall
* attuned to empowered spell shard[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive moves with the others, looking around for new danger. As they coming closer to the building he uses his natural ability to detect magic on it's door.

[sblock=ooc]
I'm fine with building 1.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral would of cast mage armor on Whisper and Midian before making himself invisible. "Very well. The large building it is," Doral whispered. "When we get in there, I intend to throw something to disrupt spellcasters into that building. I'm just not sure what yet, so I suggest that my fellow spellcasters stay at the rear at least for now."

Doral takes point to examine the door and the possibility of traps or wards.

OOC: Mage armor gives a +4 AC bonus to Whisper, and probably only +2 to Midian because of Midian's armor.

Listen (9 ranks) +9, Open Locks (9 ranks) +13, Search (9 ranks) +13

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Be careful," Whisper urges quietly. "There may be slaves in there as well. Lets take a look inside before we start throwing destructive magicks around. It should be safe enough while invisible."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
This building is easily the largest one in the entire camp. It is two stories tall and features wide double doors that are currently open. The wood looks like it was locally harvested, but is fitted together so well it could have been produced by a master craftsman in a metropolis. There are a few small windows on the outside above your head level and too small for an adult to fit through. There is a very large opening at the top of the structure, almost like a hay loft door in a barn. Sidling close to the door, you peek inside. The area is heavy traveled and covered in dust. The ground is dirt that has been hard packed by many feet. Directly across from you is a large hole in the earth leading into the cliff face. It appears that the entire building has been build right up against the stone. A staircase to your right leads to the second level. The upper level features some small enclosed rooms that ring the central chamber with a walkway and railing circling it. The central chamber is open all the way to the ceiling where massive interlocking beams support the roof.
A dirty, wild-haired man is hard at work in the center of the room. He is loading up dirt and chunks of rock into a four wheeled ox-cart. He sports a thick beard and worn simple clothes. He doesn't have the look of a native, but more like a man from the mainland.

Shayuri

First Post
In answer, Whisper finds a place to emerge into view from without just appearing. She has taken the form of a male human slave, also with the look of a mainlander. Her clothing has changed as well, to tattered rags with a threadbare cloak. 'He' shuffles forward and looks furtively around.

"Hey there," Whisper wheezes. "What've you heard about what's going on? Seems everyone's gone but a few guards."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man starts and cowers for a moment at hearing your voice. He turns to face you and for the first time you notice how gaunt he looks and how his eyes seem to have a strange gleam in them. He glances about to see if he'll be overheard before wetting his lips and saying in a near whisper, "Most o' them is un'erground in the tunnels, somethin' 'bout a ritual. Don't think 'bout runnin' though, the masters pet monster is still watching the outside. Still watchin'... don't wanna get caught talkin' or they'll use me in one of them rituals. His voice rises in pitch as he whirls to attack the dirt pile with renewed fervor. "Ain't gonna use me, ain't gonna be no walkin' corpse!"

Outside the sky is beginning to darken as rain heavy clouds blow in from the sea. The slope of the crater is already obscured by sheets of rain. The distant sound of thunder rolls over the jungle.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian, still in bird form, keeps his avian senses open for guards of any kind and waits for a signal from the others as to their next move. He hears the talk of rituals, and shudders inside. This must be where they call those demon-powered undead into being.

Remove ads