The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Hmmm... should we firtst go and try and find some of the slaves and set them free or should we go looking for the brains behind this operation? The slaves may provide a helpful, though short-lived diversion."

OOC: Are the majority of us still invisible?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken contemplates the poor wretch before moving on down the tunnel. A shipwreck? But the slave didn't look familiar. This island was an eater of ships, there were plenty of other wrecks over the years. When he'd seen the strangers ship a few days ago, Kraken had to admit that part of him hoped for rescue finally. The islanders were good, but this was not his true home. And now that ship had probably been destroyed too.

Ah well. It didn't do to dwell in such things when there was a job at hand. Kraken felt the anger of the storm welling up in him as he thought of the atrocities committed here, with worse surely to come.

"If we release these people now, Midian's flying monster, or worse, will just rip 'em up," he says. "I say we bag the bad fellas first, then come back for 'em".

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Your vote is to go away from the sounds, if we are correct to assume those are the slaves working. But those badfellas as you call them are skeletal constructs of some sort. According to the crazed man above, he and others have been digging them out of the rock. I think we need to follow the louder sounds instead. It may lead us to the diggers and we might get a look at the operation so we have a better idea of what awaits."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper steps back from the frightened slave to confer.

"Kraken's right," she murmurs quietly. "If the beast is returning, then we cant just free them. We'd have to kill it first...which could result in a bigger response than we're prepared for. We have just one shot at this. We have to make it count. I think we should find the ritual and kill the ones conducting it, then come back out and kill the flying monster. Then we can mop up the guards and set the slaves free. Kraken, is there a place they can go while we wait to make contact with the ship again?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Hmmm... should we firtst go and try and find some of the slaves and set them free or should we go looking for the brains behind this operation? The slaves may provide a helpful, though short-lived diversion."

OOC: Are the majority of us still invisible?

OOC: Yes, everyone except Whisper, Midian, and Garuk. Kraken's tribesmen are waiting in the tree line for a signal from Kraken.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
You quickly form up at the threshold of the tunnel. Behind you, the sky darkens and rumbles ominously. Turning to the left, you proceed down the tunnel. Immediately you notice that large sections of the top of the tunnel have been quarried free. You can see strange grey lumps that take up most of the ceiling in a long chain. The tunnel stays close to the side of the cliff. You proceed nearly 60' before the tunnel begins to open up into a larger cavern. The lights barely illuminate this massive chamber. It is at least 100' long and nearly as wide. Above you arch grey curving stone almost like.. ribs. With a sudden shock you realize you are standing in the rib cage of a colossal beast. The strings of bones in the ceiling behind you are exposed vertebrae. You can distantly see the shoulderblades and upper arms of the creature at the far end of the room. Dominating the far side of the room is a crystal. It is suspended from the ceiling by an interwoven mesh of thick black cords as big around as your waist. It is an enormous Ebberon shard. The black stone glitters in the light of your torches. The stone is larger than anything you've ever seen or heard of and its value is incalculable. It lies near where the heart of this titanic beast once lay.
As Whisper, Midian, and Garuk enter the room behind those in the front, there is a sudden rasp that echos in the chamber from several points. Small skeletal canine figures rise up from the rocks and turn their heads towards you.

OOC: Added the map, didn't have time to make it look real good (or to match the 100' room description >.< The smudges on the side are part of the rib cage. The crystal is hanging above you and I didn't show it on the map.

Attachments

• Layout copy.jpg
    Layout copy.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Didn't reply to Whisper above, so:

Kraken shakes his head, then realises that he's invisible and it's a futile gesture.

"Not really, Miss," he says. "Reckon they're safer here than out there for the mo'. I wouldn't like their chances alone in the Big Green."

In the Cavern:

Kraken strides forwards towards the middle of the cavern, uncaring if he becomes visible or not. Speaking in a forceful voice he intones the words of the Deadfella chant.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Moving 30 ft. to a position where he can affect at least some of these dog things, using a Turn Undead attempt. I figure Kraken is oblivious to any effect he may have on the Invisibility Circle by doing so.

Edit: Since the cavern is 100 ft. wide and Turn Undead has a 60 ft. range, he's delay until the creatures come within range, Hopefully his high initiative should cover that. After that, it's out with the falchion in chopping up undead doggy.

Initiative 1d20+6=24

Turn Undead 1d20+1=16

Turning damage 2d6+4=12

Affects a total of 12HD worth of undead up to 5HD each.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

[sblock=ooc]
Anything interesting invisible to see? I din't got an answer to my detect magic question and kept him quiet while invisible. I want to play!

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
On hearing the noises of bones moving against rock and soil, Whisper hastily girds herself for battle. She does murmur to the air where she believes Glaive to be, "Can you tell if that shard up there has a demon in it or not?"

(Init: 10, casting Shield.)
Roll Lookup

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive whispers: "I will take a look."

[sblock=ooc]
Uses detect magic and other needed means to study the shard. Trying to not break his invisibility.

Anything interesting invisible to see? I din't got an answer to my detect magic question and kept him quiet while invisible. I want to play!

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases