The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Round 10

Kraken, Dorel
[SBLOCK]
You both stop at the intersection and listen. From the sounds of it, the wolves and skeleton fled to the right. Kraken's turning must have wore off, because he can hear the creature turn to fight. There is a startled human cry and you both hear, "What! We are attacked! Warn Kresh!" A second voice is heard, intoning the words of a spell.
From the other hallway, the sound is difficult to identify. It sounds like air being pulled through a narrow opening, along with a humming sound.

Of immediate concern, you notice that your companions did not follow you down the twisting passageway. The noises from the right are beginning to come closer.

Listen (1d20+2=21)
[/SBLOCK]

Whisper, Midian, Glaive
[SBLOCK]
Kraken and Dorel disappear running down the tunnel, oblivious to your delay as you listen to Midian's advice. Whisper begins casting her protective spells over each of you in turn. After all of you are protected (either 3 or 4 depending on Garuk) Glaive focuses his attention on the crystal hanging from the ceiling. He shouts dark syllables of power at the crystal; his words burn in your ears to hear them. The crystal vibrates, but doesn't show any visible cracks yet.
[/SBLOCK]

OOC:
Going to be gone the next four days, fyi.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken glances down at Doral's hand, and then up at Doral's face, a manic, dangerous glint in his eyes. The he visibly relaxes, even as he shrugs the hand away. Only then does he glance around and notice that there is just the two of them.

"Bloody oath!" he mutters. "Go on," he nods back in the direction they have just come. "I'll watch yer back."

That said, he begins to return down the corridor, keeping an eye out in the direction of the noises, flachion gripped in both hands.

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

As Whisper completes the final spell, Midian begins one of his own. On the heels of Glaive's attack, the druid calls lightning through the rock to strike the shard.

[sblock=OOC]Call Lightning. I tried something different with IC to try to include the +1/2, but it's displaying oddly (it's not showing the individual rolls), so I'm not sure if it worked or not:

Empowered lightning bolt. (3d6*1.5=13)

Since I wasn't sure, I rolled again normally with the "have to add half manually" added to the note:

Empowered lightning bolt (add 1/2) (3d6=12) So the damage there would be 18.

Anyone who knows IC better that can school me in using it to roll empowered damage, I'd appreciate it. Selc, feel free to use whichever roll[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Whilst I'm away, should you need actions for Kraken:

Slowly retreat to "heart" chamber. If it sounds like Kraken and Doral are being pursued, cast Bless on allies (or if they've unleashed something from the crystal) with the words "Oh Mighty Ancestor Spirits, how about showing us you're not a pack of useless drongos and giving us a hand here, eh?"

Then hold off anything that tries to enter with falchion. Anything major gets a Sound Burst spell if possible before engaged in melee.
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Dorel, Kraken
[SBLOCK]
You turn and begin to run back the way you came. Behind you a figure appears in your tunnel from the side passage. At his side are the two canine skeletons. Both of them look badly damaged, it looks like Midian's wolves caught them after Kraken's divine power wore off. The figure spies you and shouts, "Here! There are two of them!"

You are 40' away from the side passage and it will take you at least two more rounds to reach the central chamber where you left the others.
[/SBLOCK]

Midian, Glaive, Whisper
[SBLOCK]
Midian and Glaives spells are having an effect on the crystal. It is slowly being damaged by your spells, though the immense size and density of the material means it will take some time to shatter it completely. As the crystal takes more and more damage, the light around it seems to be growing dimmer.
[/SBLOCK]

Glaive
[SBLOCK]
You can sense a stirring in the crystal when your magic first touches the crystal. A behemoth lies within, some eternal and powerful infernal monster lies within. It seems to be slowly awakening as its crystal prison vibrates and fractures. It seems somehow... familiar. Your memories of the afterlife are dim, but you can remember feeling entities similar to this before.
[/SBLOCK]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"We can't outrun those hounds, and I just don't like that smirk on that man's face... well, I suppose it's always nice to be wanted..." Doral attempts to keep Kraken between himself and the enemy as he mumbles a few words. Suddenly a cluster of ghostly warriors suited in the guise of ancient legionnaires spring up from the floor.

DM
[sblock]
OOC: Casting Legion of Sentinels right in front of Kraken, so if we are attacked in melee, the legionairres will continue to attack as Kraken blocks them.

1 incorporeal* swordsman/square in 10' radius circle, BaB=CL, crit=19-20, AC=25, HP=2xCL, save bonus=CL, deal 1d8 slash damage +1/3 levels (max +5).

Clarifications from WoTC:

The swordsmens' attacks are at a bonus equal to your caster level.
They can only make attacks of opportunity.
They threaten critical hits on a 19 or 20.
They deal 1d8 points of slashing damage +1 per three caster levels (max +5).
They form in a 10' radius circle on the ground (not a sphere with sentinels floating in the air).
A sentinel that appears in an occupied square gets an attack of opportunity but no flanking
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

"I hope we do the right thing. This seems somehow familiar. Anyway... we can not stop know. Geh endlich kaputt, du Mistding!" Glaive utters, continuing the dark speech.

[sblock=ooc]
Using German for Dark Speak ;)

Use shatter effect vs. the crystal.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken, Doral
[SBLOCK]
The two skeletal canines leap forward at the command of the robed figure. They charge through the line of spectral sentinels and one is chopped to pieces, landing in a scattering of bones carried forward by its momentum. The second one fares better but only manages to close the distance until it is mere feet away. It is unable to attack just yet, but it prepares itself by flaring its ghostly spines.
The robed figure chants and points his finger in Kraken's direction. Immediately, his Falchion begins to glow red and radiate uncomfortable warmth. It is beginning to become too hot to touch!

OOC: Kraken Will Save (1d20+6=10)
[/SBLOCK]

Midian, Whisper, Glaive
[SBLOCK]
You can hear noises coming from the tunnel Kraken and Doral disappeared down. Before you can move to investigate however, a loud noise comes from the tunnel behind you. It sounds as if something large and bony is barreling down the tunnel you entered from. A raucous screech pierces the air!

OOC: Whatever is coming will appear at the end of this round giving you a round to prepare.
Midian: Did you send Garuk after Kraken and Doral? If so he will arrive to help them next round. Otherwise you can use him here in this room to help prepare.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads