The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle - Page 64




What's on your mind?

  1. #631
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,873

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    ((OOC: I'd been holding off committing Garuk to see if it mattered to Shayuri how many Protections Whisper was casting. Let's assume he stayed here, I guess, in which case Midian will send Garuk to (hopefully) ambush whatever's comind down the tunnel, and try to concentrate on smashing the crystal for as long as he can.))

 

  • #632
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
    Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

    Having nothing else to prepare before the new danger arrives, Glaive utters the dark speech again.

    ooc

    Use shatter effect vs. the crystal.

    active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
    at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #633
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    6,076

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    My communities:

    "A spell caster. I hate spell casters," Doral says under his breath without noting the irony. He mutters something arcane and points towards the robed figure.

    Spoiler:

    Casting silence at the robed man.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #634
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,297

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Doral, Kraken
    Spoiler:

    The enemy grabs at his throat suddenly as your spell takes hold. He struggles for a moment to overcome it, but is unable. Instead he draws a Kris, a wavy bladed dagger, and plunges forward towards you. He stops before reaching the legion of sentinels surrounding you. It looks as if he is waiting for something.
    The skeletal canine before Kraken snaps at him, managing to wound his leg. Luckily it misses with its ghostly spines. Kraken shouts in rage and pain, both from the leg wound and the searing heat from his weapon. He chops down with the weapon and manages to sever the beasts head. With another cry of pain, he throws the weapon as far as he can back towards the main chamber. The blade is now glowing with red heat and too hot to hold. You continue your retreat back toward the main chamber. You think that you may reach it in the next few moments (OOC: Next Round)



    Whisper, Glaive, Midian
    Spoiler:

    Glaive's Dark Speech causes the crystal to vibrate once more. Thousands of fine cracks have begun to appear on its surface. You can hear shouting and a cry of pain coming from the direction that Doral and Kraken went down.
    You have concerns of your own however, as a massive creature come barreling down the tunnel into the light of your chamber. Midian immediately recognizes it as the vulture creature he saw above the camp. It is a large creature, with a wickedly hooked beak and talons the size of daggers. Red light glows in the empty sockets and the wings are woven with black sinew and stretched leather. The wings are horrifying to look at, as you can see stretched humanoid faces in the leather, identifying the source of the material. Its bones are covered with ugly, tumorous growths that remind you of tiny mushrooms. A faint haziness of the air seems to surround the creature. A large black shard pulses from the center of the creature, protected by the thick avian-like breastbone.

    Know. The Planes DC10
    Spoiler:

    You believe the base creature is known as a Vrock, a demon. Known to have many powers in life, you can only guess at what this undead form might still be capable of. The nodules growing on the bones may be a remnant of the feared spores that Vrocks are known to carry. Hopefully death has weakened their potency!



    OOC: Roll new initiatives for me.

  • #635
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
    Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

    "What is this? Zerstrung, Schrecken, Verdammnis, Fule!" Glaive grasps and centers his dark magic on the new undead thing.

    ooc

    Initiative (1d20+3=22)

    Use shatter effect vs. the crystal in vrock chest.

    active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding
    at-will: Blast, Glaive, Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #636
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    6,076

    Ignore Deuce Traveler
    My communities:

    Doral follows Kraken to the main chamber, but swings his arm back one last time to fire three magic missiles from his wand and at the robed figure.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #637
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,756
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Init: 17

    Whisper whirls at this new threat and curses. "I suppose it stands to reason they'd have guardians against this sort of thing," she mutters. "Even so, we may need to regroup to fight this!"

    She casts a spell, unleashing another torrent of tiny force missiles at the skeletal creature!

    Manyjaws damage: 16
    Roll Lookup

  • #638
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,873

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Midian Rightson, human druid

    Midian swears as the new monstrosity appears and Garuk pounces on it.

    "How much longer will your protection last, Whisper?" he asks, redirecting his lightning to the more mobile threat. "Maybe we need to try to hold this thing off while Glaive continues shattering the larger crystal?"

    OOC
    Redirecting the lighting this round to the flying nasty.

    New Initiative, Midian (1d20+2=12)

    New initiative, Garuk (1d20+2=17)

    Lightning bolt (add 1/2) (3d6=11) (Total 16)

    Since I previously had Garuk move to 'ambush,' I'm hoping that put him already adjacent to the critter, so I rolled a full attack:

    full attack, Garuk (1d20+10=26, 1d8+5=6, 1d20+10=14, 1d8+5=12, 1d20+5=18, 1d6+2=6)

  • #639
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,756
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    "It should last longer than this battle...one way or another."

  • #640
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    SelcSilverhand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Frozen Wastelands of Michigan
    Posts
    2,297

    Ignore SelcSilverhand
    My communities:

    Doral, Kraken
    Spoiler:

    Flinging your hand over your shoulder, a trio of missiles fly from your wand and strike the figure full in the chest. His mouth opens wide, though no cry of pain can be heard. In return, he flips his dagger up by the handle and flings it at you with an expert throw. The blade strikes your back, piercing you just above your left kidney. The weight of the handle pulls it free leaving a deep gash. Kraken plucks up the blade, glad to have a weapon once more. His falchion is now white hot and waves of heat are flowing from it. He grimaces, but leaves it be for now.
    The two of you emerge once more into the main cavern. Midian, Glaive, and Whisper are gathered at the far end and are fending off a massive skeletal beast with wide wings and a vulture-like head.
    Behind you, the cultist continues to advance, and from the shadows behind him you can see his companion approaching.


    Know. The Planes DC10
    Spoiler:

    You believe the base creature is known as a Vrock, a demon. Known to have many powers in life, you can only guess at what this undead form might still be capable of. The nodules growing on the bones may be a remnant of the feared spores that Vrocks are known to carry. Hopefully death has weakened their potency!



    OOC: You are on the far side of the 100' chamber. The creature is just inside the tunnel 90' away, the rest of the group is slightly closer at 70'. Roll new initiatives to join the others.
    You're reunited now, so I'll be posting group messages once more. the climax fast approaches!


    Midian, Glaive, Whisper
    Spoiler:

    On the periphery of your vision you notice two figures hurrying from the tunnel across the chamber. Doral is surrounded by indistinct figures, the effect of some spell you think. Kraken has lost his falchion but is now carrying a wavy-bladed dagger. There is movement farther down the tunnel behind them.

    The creature shrieks in rage as Garuk plows into it and pounds with meaty fists. The thick bones of the creature reverberate under the powerful blows, but it is barely slowed by the attack. The air suddenly turns acrid with the smell of ozone as arcs of electricity form directly over the creatures head. A mighty flash of light and clap of thunder follows as the energy arcs from air to ground; passing through the creature. It lets out an ear piercing shriek! Turning, it ducks its head in and tears at Garuk's chest. It's foul talons rake and shred the gorilla. They come apart, Garuk's fists flaked with bits of bone and rock, while the creature's talons drip blood and gore.
    Whisper calls out arcane phrases and twists the air around the fiend. Swirling vortices of teeth emerge and rake the creature as it ducks and weaves, trying to avoid them. Glaive cries out and points at the creature. A vibration in the air leaps from his finger and races at the creatures chest. You hear a distinct crack as it strikes through the chest to shake the crystal within. The cloud around the creature thickens, as if the spell shook free some dust from its growths.

    OOC: Midian, make a fortitude save for Garuk.
    Kraken and Doral have entered the chamber from the far side 70' away from you.
    You're reunited now, so I'll be posting group messages once more. the climax fast approaches!


    OOC: I will have a map and hp/status updates posted soon, the kids and teachers have returned to school and I've been inundated with trouble tickets and calls these last two weeks!
    Last edited by SelcSilverhand; Tuesday, 15th September, 2009 at 08:39 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 64 of 128 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. The Wayfinders - The Wreck of the Archon
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 788
      Last Post: Monday, 13th October, 2014, 08:38 PM
    2. The Wayfinders: 6 Years Running
      By SelcSilverhand in forum Character Builds & Optimization
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 5th April, 2012, 11:37 AM
    3. Isle of the Ape - your experiences?
      By Quasqueton in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 41
      Last Post: Sunday, 18th January, 2009, 08:25 AM
    4. Wayfinders: Tempest Isle Players Gallery
      By SelcSilverhand in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: Monday, 13th October, 2008, 09:03 PM
    5. Isle of the Laughing Gallows - A gritty pirate isle for L4W
      By Dunamin in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 06:04 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •