The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As you approach the flailing appendage, a feeling of aprehension grows. The sheer size of the limb makes it a dangerous thing. Without even trying, a stray blow could be crippling! The massive claws continue to shred the earth as you approach. The storm overhead illuminates your surroundings in brief flashes as lightning bolts split the sky. The heavy rain soaks you quickly and makes the ground slick.
You pick your way over and around shattered beams from the destroyed building until you are close enough to observe the limb in detail. The bones are thick and grey, fossilized by a millenia of being buried. Hard as stone now, your weapons would shatter long before you did more than scratch the surface. Running down the bones however are thick strands of sinew, as big around as ship mooring lines. They strain and flex with each movement of the limb and look like they could be severed easier than the stone can be sundered. Still buried in the cliff side, some dozen feet above you is the protruding shoulder of the beast. The stone around it cracks and falls to the ground with each movement. The area all around it is covered with sharp, jagged chunks of stone. In a flash of lightning, you catch the glint of a dark reflective surface embedded near the shoulder joint. It must be the eberron crystal, the node that controls this arm!
Over the din of the moving arm and crash of thunder, you can hear shouts of alarm from men all over the camp. It's hard to tell, but it sounds like they're trying to organize a party to approach the arm.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Let's get initiatives to get things in order. I'll assume Midian heals Kraken again while you're moving. I will work up a map soon, ran out of time this morning.

Kraken is down 37 hp (17 remaining)
Doral is down 17 hp
Glaive is down 4 hp
Midian is down 4 hp
Whisper is down 3 hp
Garuk is at 2 hp
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken looks up at the crystal.

"I'm out of ways to hurt that thing," he says. "But if you fellas want to zap it I'll keep these mongrels off yer backs." He gestures with his falchion towards the milling cultists.

Initiative 1d20+6=12

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Well, if you can buy us enough time, I can take potshots at it from here," Doral says as he pulls out his wand of magic missiles and lets a loose a charge, causing three bolts to issue forth.

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive uses his wand on the way to help anyone in need.

[sblock=ooc]
Initiative (1d20+3=8)

Will use my lesser vigor wand on the way, taking 10. Also I forgot my DR :(
It is a class feature, but I added it now under active invocations.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"If we get close enough, I can summon another Thoqqua, but other than that I'm afraid I have little to contribute beyond the healing," Midian says.

[sblock=OOC:] Intiative. (1d20+2=8) Until he's healed Garuk, he's keeping him near, so I'lm just assuming Garuk's initiative matches Midian's

How far away are we from the crystal? Midian still has one 3rd level summon left. Also, I just read something about being able to use Action Points to retain a spell you cast? Is that applicable to Eberron? In that case, Midian could potentially have two such summons left.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Thoqqua would be perfect," Whisper says, scowling. "We've already undoubtedly disrupted their plans. I doubt they meant for two giant forelimbs to threaten the world...but we've still got to finish this before my wards wear off. We've only got minutes!"

She casts Manyjaws on the bindings of the next crystal they come within range on!

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 46/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive tries to use his baleful speak again. He hopes to affect the structure around the crystal, too.

[sblock=ooc]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2327449/use shatter invocation.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"Thoqqua would be perfect," Whisper says, scowling. "We've already undoubtedly disrupted their plans. I doubt they meant for two giant forelimbs to threaten the world...but we've still got to finish this before my wards wear off. We've only got minutes!"

Midian nods, and pauses in his successive healings to begin chanting again. The earth near the crystal begins to rumble as he does so.

[sblock=OOC]Let's go ahead and cast the summon, then, and if I was right about using the Action Point to retain the spell, I'll have Midian do that, as well.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Kraken moves up towards the flailing limb. The arm swings low over his head but he is able to duck under it and avoid it. It doesn't yet seem aware of your presence. With some more nimble footwork, he is able to position himself near the elbow where many cords of sinew are bundled. Glaive moves in as close as he dares where he can target the crystal with another blast of his dark speech.
The others meanwhile take up positions out of reach of the claw and begin their own magical work. Dorel sends out a volley of missiles that impact with brilliant flashes in the dark on the crystal itself. Whisper summons up a swarm of fanged jaws that appear on the other side of the elbow from Kraken where they begin chewing the tough bindings. Midian works at summoning in another creature near Kraken to help burn through the bindings.
In the distance several lights bloom and you can see the figures of 3 humanoids and a canine form moving towards you. The arm seems to react with pain as your group attacks it and it begins to flail more violently as it seeks the source of its pain.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
IC seems to be down, so I took half of the max for damages.
At the moment Kraken and Glaive are both within reach of the claw. It has a miss chance for being "blind" that I roll before trying an attack. Since shatter is a close range spell and the crystal is up the cliff face, Glaive will need to stay in range of the arm to continue targeting the crystal with it. He can move back and use eldritch blast though if he chooses.
Everyone made the easy concentration DC for casting in the storm.

Initiatives
Kraken - Moving towards the arm
Dorel - MM 3d4+3 7dmg
Glaive - Shatter 18dmg
Midian - summoning
Whisper - Manyjaws - 18dmg bindings
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases