The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Glaive steps back and swings his weapon down on the beast once more. The blade passes cleanly through the shoulder blade, sending bits of bone flying. Kraken calls upon his storm god and is answered by a reverberating thunderclap. He feels reinvigorated by its power and the magical healing that washes over him. He stands in the path of the oncoming men with falchion raised. Before they can close, Whisper and Doral combine their magics to confound the enemy. Two of the figures stumble and raise hands to their faces. A moment later, one of them falls to the ground, apparently asleep. Only one of them comes on. He is dressed in leather armor and carrying a shortsword. It looks like he just awakened, as his armor is hastily donned and his skullcap is missing. He makes as if to attack the golem, but then shakes his head to clear it and with a cry he strikes at Kraken. His blade misses as he slips on the slick mud. Midian moves forward at a lope, his legs stretching and spine and neck lengthening as he moves. Clothes and armor absorb into his skin, giving him a leathery look. His form is soon replaced by that of a monstrous lizard that moves with easy grace. He accelerates easily despite the slippery ground and manages to circle around behind the remaining guard. The canine moves up to Glaive again and snaps, but Glaive nimbly avoids it.
Lightning flashes again and lights up the camp. You can see more dark figures moving around the camp, though none of the others seem to be heading in your direction.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
In answer to Midian, yes you gain the movement mode of the creature you turn in to. If it was a supernatural movement mode, like flying without wings, then you wouldn't get it.

Kraken is now at 32hp after healing.
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 19 (T13, FF16), HP 42/46, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +6/+7, 3d6 damage

Glaive strikes again at the creature who just attacked him.

[sblock=ooc]
Free: 5 ft step back, if needed to swing the (reach) weapon.
Full round:http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2373556/Glaive attack (hit vs touch, damage, acid damage) (1d20+6=21, 3d6=7, 1d6=4)

counts as reach weapon for AoO.

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 1 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken hefts his heavy blade and slams it hard into the dishevelled cultist before him.

[sblock=OOC]
Edit: Didn't read the DM post properly. I added a +2 bonus for the charge which you can subtract unless Midian provides a flanking bonus. Attacks on the cultist, not the spiney beast.

First Attack 1d20+10=28
Confirm critical 1d20+10=28

Damage 2d4+2=8

Second damage 2d4+4=9 for critical.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Dinosaur-Midian lays into the guard as best he can, though it seems he's not quite accustomed to how this form operates. Still, the snapping and clawing of a dinosaur is bound to be distraction even if he doesn't always connect

[sblock=OOC]Full attack, dino wildshape: talons;damage;foreclaw;damage;foreclaw;damage;bite;damage (1d20+8=11, 1d8+4=5, 1d20+3=4, 1d3+2=3, 1d20+3=15, 1d3+2=5, 1d20+3=12, 2d4+2=7)

I just realized I set him to flank, so all the attacks should be at +2. :blush:

So, talon attack: 13, foreclaw one is a nat 1 auto-miss, foreclaw 2: 17, bite: 14. Still not sure any of those hit, of course, but now they don't-hit by less. :) [/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral, Kraken, and Midian all focus their attacks on the lone guardsman. Kraken's blade cuts a long gash across his chest while Midian manages to tear with one of his foreclaws into the man's back. Doral's bolts of arcane energy slam into him from the other direction, staggering him.
He recovers his footing quickly and steps sideways to move out of their flanking attacks. As he moves he feints a jab at Kraken, then slips the blade up and under his defenses. The sword point slides upwards under his ribs. The guard gives it a twist before pulling it free. Spinning quickly, he thrusts the red blade at Midian and cuts a long gash across his snout from the nostril all the way back to his ear. The man shouts to his blinded companion, letting him hear the sound of his voice so that he can stagger over to help. The other standing guard moves towards Midian's long tail.
The skeletal canine snaps again at Glaive but is once again unable to connect. Glaive steps back again and thrusts downward, dealing significant damage to the creature.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
The guard returned the crit with one of his own.
1d20+10=29, 1d20+5=20
1d20+10=21
1d6+5=9, 1d6+5=6, 1d6+5=6

Kraken is at 17hp, Midian took 6 more points of damage (10 total)
[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
(OOC - You're rolling miss chances too, right Selc? :) And who's turn is it? I've lost track of init...)

I believe the Mist was dismissed, if that's the miss chance you're looking at?

Also, Selc, I think wildshape comes with a days' worth of healing? I had forgotten to update Midian's sheet, but I think his initial 4 points were healed in the shapechange, so he's only down 6. Let me know if I misunderstood how that works; still getting used to wildshape.

jason

SelcSilverhand

First Post
OOC:
Aye, the mist is gone so I think only the blind guard has a miss chance now.

I was keeping the initiative from the start of the fight with the Arm, but here is the order:

Initiatives
Kraken
Dorel
Glaive
Midian
Whisper

I forgot to give Whisper and action this last round, so you can post something for the last round too.

I also forgot about the healing for shapeshifting, so yes your HP total is different now. You regen a number of hitpoints equal to your level, so you're only down 4.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases