The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral

Doral grimaces as he takes in the situation. He was hired to join the crew as a simple scout and that's how he liked it. Now, however, he realized he had to act and reveal his abilities else his own life might be in danger. He turns his wand of magic missiles towards the serpent woman and fires.

OOC
[sblock]
Damage: 8, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1612307
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper gives Doral a startled look, then follows up with a very similar blast of her own, albeit it with two bolts of energy rather than three.

Damage: 7 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1612393/

"You could have saved some lives if you'd used that earlier," the changeling says irritably. And it was the lives lost she was upset about, she decided. Not that this -wand- was more powerful than she was. Of course not.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Start of Round 16
The shark spasms and arcs out of the water as the eldritch blast and cone of freezing ice strike it. It thrashes, churning the water violently in its death throes before rolling over, still twitching along its muscular length. Johan manages to get a loop of rope over the sailor in the water and pull him closer to the ship.
On the far side, Midian's arrow and the twin volleys of magic missiles strike the snake woman. Black blood spills from the wounds across her scaley body. She shrieks again in an unintelligible language, and casts another spell. After she casts, her mouth moves as if speaking, but you hear nothing.

Whisper - Make a Will save DC16
[SBLOCK]
Suggestion: You hear a whispering, sibilant voice next to your ear urging you to leap into the water and fight at close range to prove yourself.

If you failed your save you must follow the above course of action. Otherwise you shake off the effect.
[/SBLOCK]

Whisper and Doral:
[SBLOCK]
The spell the snake woman cast was Suggestion
Spellcraft, whisper doral (1d20 10=24, 1d20 6=26)
[/SBLOCK]

Map
[SBLOCK]
Code:
      ||
     | X|
    |X   |
   |--H---|
   |X     |
   |X O  G|
   |W ####|
   |  ####|
N  |  ####|
  ====OX====   
   |    HJ-X
   |D    R|
   |M     |
   |  O   |
   |S    X|
   |--H---|
    | XX | 
     |  |  
      ||   

S : Seria
J : Johan
M : Midian
W : Whisper
X : Sailor
N : Water-Women
R : Raysuldra
D : Doral
G : Glaive
H : Stairs
0 : Mast
W : Shark
# : Catapult

Init Order
Doral
Midian
Seria
Johan
Glaive
Whisper
Raysuldra
Sailors
Bad Guys
[/SBLOCK]

OOC
[SBLOCK]
The #'s on the map are a large, rotating catapult for attacking other ships.
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I'm sorry I didn't act sooner, my dear, but I simply lack your experience. I hope not to disappoint in the future," Doral apologizes to Whisper in the most polite way he can manage.

After he sees that the serpent woman can cast magic he sighs and says, "Oh... I think that we've seen enough of that now." He sends her a spell in return.

OOC
[sblock]
Silence on the serpent woman. DC=16.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Will save: 15
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1616430/
AP: 5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1616431/

Whisper doesn't answer Doral right away...she's too busy heaving herself over the railing. At the last second, she catches herself with a foot, precariously hanging out over the edge and clearly fighting the compulsion with everything she's got.

"Nnnnno!" she yells, fists clenched, face contorted. "I will not submit to you!"

When she opens her eyes, they're bloodshot from strain, but despite the protesting knots of her muscles still trying to obey the imperative, she forces herself back onto the deck, nearly falling over as she does.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
As Dorel incants his spell, Glaive lets loose another powerful eldritch blast that sears the snake woman's midsection. Midian's arrow deflects when it strikes the edge of a wave and fails to hit the target. Raysuldra's arrow strikes a glancing blow along the creature's spine. Dorel finishes his spell and for a moment it begins to take hold, but the snake woman's will seems to be too strong to overcome, and his spell unravels. The spells and bolts draw the snake woman's attention away from Whisper as she in turn begins to cast a spell. Opening her mouth impossibly wide, four bolts of energy spring forward. Two of them strike Dorel in the chest, and the other two strike Raysuldra. Dorel and Whisper easily recognize it as the same spell they used moments before.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
Dorel - Silence DC16
Snake Woman Will Save (1d20 8=20)
Magic Missile, 1st 2 Dorel, 2nd 2 Raysuldra (1d4 1=4, 1d4 1=5, 1d4 1=2, 1d4 1=5)
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases