The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper gets back to her feet and with a flick of her wrist and a flourish of her hand, summons a long, pointed sliver of dark ice into her grip. She hurls it at the serpent woman, and while her aim is dead on, there just isn't much force behind the throw...

(Ice Knife! And I think that's all her spell slots unless I've been miscounting...which is possible with the delays for recruiting. Just cantrips left. 26 to hit, 4 damage, and fort save DC 16 or suffer 2 points of Dex damage. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1627888/ )

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The final volley of attacks strike the creature in a spray of blood, scale, and water. The creature collapses and twitches convulsively down its length. A triumphant cry goes up from the sailors who scramble to get nets into the water before the body sinks. They struggle to haul in the body which turns out to be heavier than it looks. Stretched out on the deck, the creature is nearly ten feet long. Its head up close looks less womanly. Inch long fangs protrude from a mouth still distorted in a death grimace. Strands of black spittle drip from those poisonous fangs. Her hair is thick, ropey, an matted with seaweed. Her pupils are slitted like a snakes. From the neck down the body turns from human-like flesh to small scales covered in a thin slime like an eel. Oddly enough, for a creature with no hands, her ears are pierced and about her neck is a tight choker of black material studded with pale, rounded pieces of bone.
One of the sailors drags over the corpse of the four-armed monstrosity that Whisper killed. The creature is green in color, with darker stripes along its back like a tiger and paler on its belly. Four pairs of arms jut from its torso and a short, muscular tail with a crescent sharks fin extends from its rear. Its face has large, all black eyes and an over sized mouth filled with rows upon rows of pointed teeth. About its waist is a thick corded belt made from some kind of leather. A small sack dangles from it. About the creatures neck is a amulet that resembles a fanged mouth.
After seeing that the danger is over, the Captain strides over to Johan. Johan looks up from the sailor he pulled aboard and shakes his head. The shark attack had been fatal. Johan covers the corpse with a bit of sail cloth to hide the terrible wounds. The Captain doubles up the watch for the evening and makes sure to include a few of the mercenaries among them. He announces that in the morning there would a burial at sea for the brave dead. The ship sails onward.

Midian, Whisper:
[SBLOCK]
Exp for the fight and time elapsed puts you at 5th level. Go ahead and update your characters and let me know when you're done.
[/SBLOCK]

Treasure
[SBLOCK]
1 amulet from the snake woman
2 Ruby earrings

1 amulet from the 4-armed creature
1 belt from the 4-armed creature
Inside the pouch:
8 large pearls
1 potion
[/SBLOCK]

Walking Dad

First Post
Glaive kneels down and takes a look at the creatures possessions (using detect magic). Do them radiat magic?

"Hey, Raysuldra, first time we had to fight something like this." Glaive says to his fellow mercenary.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Walking Dad said:
Glaive kneels down and takes a look at the creatures possessions (using detect magic). Do them radiat magic?

"Hey, Raysuldra, first time we had to fight something like this." Glaive says to his fellow mercenary.

OOC
Both amulets, the belt, and the potion radiate magic

greenstar

First Post
"Yes." The rest of the party gets a better look at Raysuldra now that the fight is over. She has a lean body and her pale blonde hair has many braids. She turns to Whisper and Midian who she hasn't introduced herself to yet. "I am Raysuldra. I think my last name translates to Icewind in Common."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases