The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

"Yes, let me try it." Glaive tries a few swings and stabs with the weapon, clearly proficient in it's use. "Very nice backup, if the enemies come to close to swing my glaive. Would you allow me to use it?"

[sblock=ooc]
Glaive has both a higher bab and str than Doral. Thanks for the sword.

Just one more level before multiple attacks in a full attack action...

Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand: 37/50
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"They'll be on their guard this time, though I'm sure everyone here knows that. I can make us all invisible once more so we can try to be selective of our target when we strike," Doral suggests.

"In the wake of our last battle, it seems I've strengthened my connection to The Green," Midian says. "I was able to tap several weather-patterns that slipped by me before. If we draw them outside, I can cover the area in a storm to hamper their vision, and which will actually strengthen my lighting. And with this--" he holds up the shard the group reclaimed from the undead dragon--"I can call down even more havok before I've exhausted the powers.

[sblock=OOC]Cloudburst can cover a 100' radius with poor visibility, and since it's a storm, I believe that amps Call Lightning, which is attuned to Midian's empowered shard. Between 7 empowered lightnings, the no-save damage from Ice Storm, and the ability to recall lightning or the Ice storm twice (or more if he burns Action Points, too), I think Midian's in a good position to provide some battlefield control / distracting when the time comes. yes, they're more prepared, but hopefully so are we. :) [/sblock]

[sblock=spells prepared]Magical Feats: Spell Focus (Conj), Augment Summoning, Natural Spell

Orisons (6, DC 14): Mending, Flare x2, Resistance, Guidance, Create Water
1st level (4+1, DC 15): Magic Fang, Faerie Fire, Longstrider, Sandblast, Obscuring Mist
2nd level (3+1, DC 16): Barkskin x2, Cloudburst, Body of the Sun
3rd level (2+1, DC 17): Call Lightning*, Nature's Favor, Wind Wall
4th level (1+1, DC 18): Ice Storm, Dispel Magic

* attuned to empowered spell shard
** Eberron shard can recall evocation spells up to 4th level 2x/day[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Doral nods to Glaive and says, "Certainly. It's a fine weapon, though, and if you ever find something better I would enjoy trying to use it once more. For now, I'll take keep one of the recently deceased enchanted daggers. It may come in handy. So, Midian and I can obscure our approach. Any ideas on where we should start? Back to where we destroyed the abomination's skull perhaps?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The day has dawned overcast as the last remaining clouds trailing the mighty storm linger overhead. The morning is cool and wisps of fog lie here and there amid the jungle trees. As the foliage retreats as is replaced by dead vegetation you realize you are close to your destination. Midian and Doral split apart from the party and scout ahead. It is difficult to approach with little in the way of cover, but soon they are in position to observe the camp.

It looks quiet. There are no patrols of guards or the wulgaru out amid the buildings. One of the structures has been burned though you don't recall seeing flames when you fled the night before. You don't see the bodies of any of the guards you killed outside either. The ground is churned up into mud all around the camp, but from here you can't make out any of the tracks.

Kraken
[SBLOCK]
You hear a short whistling cry of an animal that you recognize. It is a signal often used by your tribes hunters. Glancing around for the source, you spot a figure covered in mud from head to toe lying at the top of a small rise a dozen yards away. His camouflage is nearly perfect, and you may never have noticed him if he hadn't moved slightly when you looked his way.
[/SBLOCK]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I wonder if they've turned their dead into walking dead?" ponders Kraken. He pauses, looks to one side. Seeing his adopted countryman he feels a surge of pride at their resourcefulness. "I think we're about to get some news," he whispers to the incomers, then crawls over to where the tribesman lies camouflaged. "Good to see ya, mate," he says quietly. "What's up?"

It appears at first as if he's talking to the jungle, but then movement reveals a well-hidden local in the undergrowth.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The man speaks quietly to Kraken who relays his words to the others.

"Simi and I killed two men during the night and wounded more. Simi set fire to a hut. He will not live past sunset. Bad wounds. Packed him below a fallen tree with last of our water.

When sun rose many of the camp left. They went into the Green to the south. They were carrying many packs. I think they flee to the coast. The wulgaru and the black clothed men went back into the big huts. Sometimes I hear cries, but of man or beast I don't know."

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

Midian circles back after his scouting run, and when Kraken's relayed the information, says, "Do we know if the slaves were dragged along, or are they still down there? Do we want to try drawing the beasts out of the hut, or sneaking by? I'm worried we might wind up being trapped at the entrance on our way out if they realize we've re-entered."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kraken passes the information along to the tribesman. "Show me where you put Simi," he says. "And I'll see what the spirits can do for him. Ain't no bugger dying on my watch."

Shayuri

First Post
Whisper nods in agreement with Midian. "The ones that left, that went into the Green. Were they slaves? How many men in black were with them? How many slaves are left here in the camp?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Simi says "I saw few slaves, one pair. Don't know how many in buildings or under the earth. The ones that fled took no slaves."

In response to Kraken's words the hunter crawls back away from the camp, almost slithering on his belly. Once there is cover between you and the camp he rises to his feet and moves swiftly through the forest. He does not move through the undergrowth as naturally as Midian, but it is close. After a few minutes he leads you to a large tree at the border of the dead zone. The tree fell a long time ago and has rotten and become bug eaten. In the hollow between the rootball, the trunk, and the ground a small overhang has formed. Freshly chopped bushes have been piled across the opening. The hunter whistles softly before he begins moving the brush out of the way. He needn't have bothered to alert Simi, the man is unconscious and very pale from blood loss. Leather straps hold a mass of red, sticky leaves to a gaping sword gash across his belly. Another, less critical wound through the bicep looks like it was caused by an arrow.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
He is currently stable and hp is in the negatives.
[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads