The Wayfinders - Expedition to Tempest Isle

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Well, he ain't critical," says Kraken as he examines Simi, "but lets see what the spirits can offer, eh?" He mutters a rhyme as he passes his hands over the mans wounds.

"You've done a good job mate," he says to the other tribesman. "Stay here and watch over Simi until we return. You'll know when that will be from the running and screaming." With a grin he returns to the other.

"Sounds like those mongrels have still got all the slaves in there," he says, "and we're left with the priests and the deadfella things. Reckon a bit of scouting would help us decide what to do, eh?"

[sblock=ooc]
Swap out divine favour for a cure light wounds 1d8+3=6.

HP: 68

Spells prepared:
0th level: detect magic, guidance x3
1st level: bless, divine favour, inflict minor wounds*, protection from evil
2nd level: fog cloud*, hold person, resist energy
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"I can scout ahead, but I think we should check out the big huts and investigate the cries our new friend had heard. It might be our slaves." Doral is ready to take point and investigate.

[sblock]
When the party is ready, Doral will cast invisibility and move silently towards the hut while using his listen skills.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
AC 21 (T13, FF18), HP 60/60, F +5,R+5,W+5
Eldritch blast: +7/+8, 4d6 damage
Short Sword +1, Icy +8, 1d6+3+1d6 ice on command

Glaive is ready and uses his magical senses to keep an eye on Doral as he moves, for the others invisible, away.

[sblock=ooc]
Glaive

active invocations: See the Unseen, Entropic Warding, DR 2 / cold iron
at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
Devil's Favor: 3/3 (+2 bonus on attack, save, or check)
Devil's Stamina: 1/1 (fast healing 3 for 5 rounds)
Bracers of Entangling Blast: 3/3
Gloves of Eldritch Admixture: 3/3
Healing Belt: 3/3
Wand: 37/50
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Midian Rightson, human druid

"I can scout ahead, but I think we should check out the big huts and investigate the cries our new friend had heard. It might be our slaves." Doral is ready to take point and investigate.

Midian nods. "I could take an animal shape, but my last scout doing that showed us these creatures are just as likely to slaughter a wild animal wandering too close as they are anything else. I think invisibility may be the only viable disguise for gathering the information we need."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Doral moves back to the edge of the forest. After casting his spell he steps out and quickly moves towards the encampment. The heavy rain the night before and the lack of living ground cover has turned the ground to soft mud. To his consternation, Doral realizes he is leaving tracks. Luckily though, there are many tracks around the main camp so a few more may not be noticed. He circles the buildings carefully and listens at each one. No sounds come from any of them. The few he risks looking in appear deserted. Most look like offices and bunkhouses for men. He doesn't see any signs of cultist trappings; no altars, no robes, no bones. The insides of the buildings look like they were tossed. There are piles of discarded tools, papers, and clothes scattered around on the floor and covered with mud from many feet. Some of the men seem to have left in a hurry.

Moving towards the two story structure covering the tunnel entrance Doral finally spots something. Just inside the doorway he catches sight of two skeletal canines flanking the entrance just around the edge of the frame. They lie crouched in wait, obviously set as guard dogs. The inside is unlit and he can see little else without getting uncomfortably close to the sentinels.

Retreating back to the group, he reports on his findings.

OOC
[SBLOCK]
I'll dig up the original camp map and get that posted so you can see what you're looking at.

Edit - Building 4 burned to the ground.
[/SBLOCK]

Attachments

• Encampment Layouty.jpg
    Encampment Layouty.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Sounds like all the rats are in one hole," says Kraken. "We need a way to take out those dog-things quickly and quietly, else we'll wake 'em all up, eh?"

Walking Dad

First Post

"Hard to kill undead fast and silent."

[sblock=ooc]
Glaive

at-will: Blast, Glaive (+1d6 acid with shard focus), Detect Magic, Teleport, Shatter
[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Yes, I can create a circle ten feet in diameter of which nothing can be heard inside. It's not too large, so if trouble starts then the spellcaster simply runs a few feet away from the center (me) and should soon be able to sling his magic again."

Walking Dad

First Post

"Have you to center the silence on you? Perhaps you could cast the magic on someone who hasn't need to speak. Or an item, that can be thrown away, if needed."

[sblock=ooc]
Glaive

[/sblock]

Remove ads