Burning Heretics--D&D 3.5

Jack of Tales

First Post
I'm relatively new to these threads and this would be my first time DMing a Pbp game. I have experience DMing in face to face games, playing pbp and in DMing a game online using Maptools. With that out of the way, I'm recruiting for a short adventure. If it works out well it may lead to a series of short adventures although whether with the same PCs or not is up in the air.

A small church dedicated to Rivka, goddess of healing, in Tenril's Roost has recently been burnt. The heads of several worshippers and the priestess were found mounted on spears before the burning temple. As members of a small, just started out adventuring guild in Redtol, the capital of Keldon, you have been requested to investigate the matter and bring judgement to the perpetrators.

Feel free to make up the name of the guild for yourselves and of course your positions within it. Whether you run it, simple work for it or own the entire gig is up to them.

38 pt buy
Sources: Any WoTC books but while making your character please cite book as reference for feats and such so I can easily find and look them up. I will accept some third party publications but ask before hand.
Race: Pretty flexible about this also, there's a large mix in Calla.
Class: Sure bring some.
Players: Lookin' for 3-6
Starting level 1
Max gold for class
Start with full Hps, as we progress you can choose: roll or 3/4 (ex: d8 = 6)

Here's the handy wikisite that has some info on, more updates to come.
HTML:
http://calla.wikispaces.com

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee

I had this crazy idea when I read 'adventuring guild,' that the party would be like a fantasy era version of the A-Team.

"If you're in trouble...if you have a problem...call THE A-TEAM."

*cut to montage of various fantasy characters doing heroic things, with stirring music in the background*

renau1g

First Post
Mercenaries Guild

Well in order to encompass the wide variety of PC's we'd probably want a mercenaries guild. I like the name "The Black Wyvern Company". Continuing along the previous posts thread we could be soldiers of fortune wrongfully accused of a crime we didn't commit, being constantly chased by a group of individuals, while we try to clear our name. Or maybe not, either way I'd like to drop my character into the group, he'd not be comfortable being a leader so probably like a right-hand man for the leader, doesn't shy away from a fight and scouts out for the group. I love the setting so far reading the wiki, look forward to more info.

My character is below, sorry for the long-form, I don't know how to format (Noob). I'll flesh out some more details as it goes along.

[sblock]
Name: Thessisth aka "The Blade"
Class: Rogue
Race: Askani Lizardfolk
Size: M
Alignment: CG
Deity: None

Str: 16 +3 (+2 r.) Level: 1 XP: XXXX
Dex: 16 +3 BAB: +0 HP: 9 (1d6+3)
Con: 16 +3 Grapple: +0 Dmg Red: XX/XXXX
Int: 14 +2 Speed: 30' Spell Res: XX
Wis: 10 +0 Init: +3 Spell Save: +X
Cha: 10 +0 (-2r.) ACP: -0 Spell Fail: 10%

Base Armor Shld Dex Size Nat Misc Total
Armor: 10 +3 +0 +3 +X +2 +X 18
Touch: 13 Flatfooted: 13

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 0 +3 +3
Ref: 2 +3 + +5
Will: 0 +0 +0

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Range
Rapier +3 1d6+3 18-20x2
Shortbow +3 1d6 x3 60ft.

Languages:
Common
Askani
Draconic
Elven

Abilities:
Sneak Attack +1d6
Trapfinding

Feats:
Dodge

Skill Points: 40 Max Ranks: 4/2
Skill Total Ability Ranks Check Penalty
Appraise Int 3 = 2 1
Balance Dex* 3 = 3 1 -1
Bluff Cha 2 = 0 2
Climb Str* 2 = 3 -1
Concentration Con 3 = 3
Decipher Script Int 3 = 2 1
Diplomacy Cha 2 = 0 2
Disable Device Int 6 = 2 4
Disguise Cha 1 = 0 1
Escape Artist Dex* 2 = 3 -1
Forgery Int 2 = 2
Gather Information Cha 1 = 0 1
Hide Dex* 6 = 3 4 -1
Jump Str* 2 = 3 -1
Knowledge (local) Int 3 = 2 1
Listen Wis 4 = 0 4
Move Silently Dex* 6 = 3 4 -1
Open Lock Dex 7 = 3 4
Ride Dex 3 = 3
Search Int 4 = 2 2
Spot Wis 2 = 0 2
Swim Str** 1 = 3 -2
Tumble Dex* 6 = 3 4 -1
Use Magic Device Cha 2 = 0 2
Use Rope Dex 3 = 3

Equipment: Cost Weight
Rapier 20gp 2 lb
Studded Leather 25gp 20 lb.
Shortbow 30gp 2 lb
Arrows (20) 2sp 6 lb
Thieves Tools 30gp 1 lb.
Belt Pouch 1gp 1/2lb
Backpack 2gp 2 lb.
Caltrops 1gp 2 lb.
Flint and steel 1gp -
Rope, silk (50 ft.) 10gp 5 lb

Total Weight: 40 lb Money: TBD gp (Used 120gp above)

Lgt Med Hvy Lift Push
Max Weight: 76 153 230 230 1150

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 220lb
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Deeply Tanned, with dark brown spots
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
If you head over to the Living eberron forum and download their .txt file for character creation it works well and makes you feel sleek. I use it all the time on these forums ^^

Your character looks fine. One thing to note though, there are two elven languages (lingoes really) which are just different enough for a speaker of one to be misunderstood by a speaker of the other (Like Spanish and French. Lots of similiar spelling, different pronunciation) so choose one. And Draconic is only a written language here primarily used for magic. It's fine for your character, just an FYI really.

And if you hadn't already seen, I gave Dodge a little boost for my game: Every four character levels the AC bonus increases by 1. yes yes, it emulates the dodge bonus of monks and ninjas but it makes a useless feat that branches into alot of more interesting and sometimes required feats more useful.

Last edited:

Jack of Tales

First Post
I'm going to have to postpone this until one of the games I'm currently playing in ends. I made the mistake of just joining another and with my new hobby have even less time to check stuff online. If anyone lives near a windy lake or the sea I highly suggest checking out Kitesurfing, so much faster and better then windsurfing.

moritheil

First Post
Gah, I actually logged in for the first time in nearly a year to check this thread out :p It figures something like this would happen. Oh well.

Remove ads