Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

Arabesu

Saris, who had been independently carving a parallel path to the main convoy heard the commotion. Rather than charging into the melee, he crept from his route onto an intercept course trying to close the hundred feet interval as quickly as possible but without revealing his position.

OOC Douane, give me a spot, hide, move silently, and initiative.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Faris runs through the underbrush behind Rosa before melting her form away into that of a large hunting falcon, soaring up into the air and down onto the snake, raking out with her talons.

OOC: You said we were 20' behind correct? I'm assuming with Woodland stride and 40' movement I can make it. Also, dive attacks do 2x damage huzzah!.
Talons = 1d20 + 9 = 23
Damage; 2d6 +14 = 23

Arabesu

OOC Indeed, dive attacks do X2 damage but you are are incapable of executing a dive from your starting position since 1) you start out closer than 30' and 2) you are on a level plane with the snake. Woodland stride has no bearing in this particular case, since the problem is that a dive is treated as a charge except for the altered distance/angle-to-target requirements and the enhanced damage. Feel free to pop up into the air this turn and charge/dive next turn if you want to keep your good rolls, or you can edit your action post to charge the snake in your current predator form. Either way I'm going to assume you attack the snake which means that the others take their turn.

Also, I need a new spot from Faris for next turn.

Last edited:

Arabesu

A hiss of air follows a volley of small arrows fired from the brush. Your eyes scan the jungle for the signs of the snipers, although the dense foliage gives them any number of places to hide. A flash of movement in the undergrowth catches you eye. Three short reptilian humanoids, nearly perfectly blended in with the vegetation, nock an arrow and raise their bow to fire again soon.

For the moment only Trent and Hightower are visible and standing in the clearing. Only because he was caught unaware, Trent is hit by an arrow but now is able to clearly sight his attacker even though the humanoid is making an effort to re-hide. Two arrows were fired at Hightower, one goes far wide but the other streaks right at his neck. It is only due to his preternatural quickness that he is able to nod his head at the last moment and deflect it off his gorget into his shoulder.

Now visible for the moment all three are 30 feet from their respective targets.

OOC
Hightower takes 8* damage, but is lucky that his uncanny dodge prevented a X3 crit.
Trent takes 9* damage. Both Hightower and Trent will need to make Fort saves now and a minute later. Hightower can just reach one of his attackers with a single move combined with his enhanced reach having to step just inside of the difficult terrain of the jungle. He thinks that the brush and the tree that the cowardly opponent is using for cover may hamper his attacks somewhat, affording the archer cover and concealment. With a double move, Trent can close to his archer, but can not attack. If he does so, all but Fenwick will lose the benefit of the aura.

All three archers are visible for the moment even though they are trying to re-hide and snipe. One of the archers calls out to the other two in a mixture grunts, hisses, and clicks.

[sblock=*] These numbers seem high, because these rangers are using the alternate archer ability I offered to Douane in trade for favored enemy. [/sblock]

[sblock=For Rosa ONLY] Rosa, knowing the draconic language, is able to understand this lizardfolk's speack: "Kill the brute. He is the real threat. If he closes with you retreat and give the alarm."[/sblock]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Trent takes the attack in stride, knowing that it was what he would have done. As the arrow hits him, he swiftly reverts his aura to that of defense, allowing his powers to aid the others in range as well. (Using Toughness Aura to provide everyone with DR2/Magic)

Then, in one deft motion, Trent allows his surroundings to allow him to blend into the forage, hopefully not allowing the targets to get at him so easily this time... Hide Check =18
Hide Check (1d20 11=18)

Arabesu

OOC the aura change happens on your turn obviously, since its a swift action, so you have taken the full damage from the arrow that hit you, but will provide everyone with a bit of a buffer versus subsequent arrows. Out in the clearing, you will either need to drop prone to use the grass as means to hide, or take a move to get to the edge of the jungle. A number of spots near the clearing edge will allow you to keep your aura covering everyone except Faris who is circling overhead. Presumambly she will soon enter the aura area as well as she plummets from her dive.

Also, I need a new spot check for the following round if they choose to snipe again.

And a fortitude save now (for Trent and Hightower) and one to occur a minute from now.

Rosa and Fennwick are next on init count 11.

Arabesu

In the secret language that only you and Hoppy know, he whispers with a frightened stutter, "Hey B-b-bboss, I-I-I tink d'are ov-ov-over d-d-there."

With his assistance you can now make out the crouching form of ONE of the three, apparently even while sniping the others are still out of sight. Perhaps if they take further actions you might be able to see them or not.

OOC by my reckoning you still have a standard action left. The one you see is the one that shot at, but missed Hightower.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases