Blizzard job openings

Krug

Newshound
http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/

The writing job might appeal to some:
http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/cd-writer.shtml
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced individual to join the creative development team as a writer. Duties will include intellectual property management, technical writing, creative writing, research, light editing, and story development. The ideal candidate will have proven success as a published writer, outstanding "people" skills, and an absolute passion for Blizzard Entertainment's intellectual properties.

Responsibilities:

* Contribute to the written development of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties.
* Write copy text for use by other Blizzard Entertainment teams.
* Write technical information for game manuals.
* Author original short stories that showcase Blizzard Entertainment’s rich and diverse intellectual properties.
* Contribute in the research, gathering, and documentation of source materials from Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties.
* Work with business partners in the development of our intellectual properties through the creation of ancillary products
* Perform editing tasks when needed by creative development.
* Perform other duties that may be assigned by creative development management and producers.

Requirements:

* 2+ years of industry or related industry experience as a writer
* Successfully published writing work, preferably in the fantasy, horror, and science fiction genres
* Working knowledge and understanding of technical writing and editing
* Excellent written and oral business communication skills
* Working knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties, and a vast knowledge of current successful intellectual properties in today’s popular culture
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
* Ability to produce writing without constant supervision
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work well under deadlines

Pluses:

* Experience creating and running pen and paper RPG campaigns and/or live-action RPGs
* Experience in playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games, especially World of Warcraft
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* Experience in designing and playing computer games

Please send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and writing samples (required) to resumes@blizzard.com

Basic Tips for Resume/Demo Submission

No calls or follow-up emails, please. This is a full-time position in Irvine, California.

Charke

Explorer
Hey thanks Krug!

Usually I don't head over to Blizzard. I love their stuff but I barely have 2nd year programming so I don't usually qualify for anything they want. The chance to write for them, however, well.... awesome, just awesome.

Mark Charke

Krug

Newshound
No problem. This one might also appeal:
http://www.blizzard.com/jobopp/designer-quest.shtml

Quest Designer

Blizzard is looking to hire a talented and enthusiastic quest designer for the World of Warcraft team. The position will involve the design and implementation of quest and event content. The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of game design. This individual will possess an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis as well as demonstrate a mastery of logical problem solving. Creativity is a must.

Blizzard Entertainment offers a fun, creative, and technically rewarding environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.

Requirements

* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Strong creative writing skills
* Organizational skills
* Ability to work well under deadlines
* Experience playing massively multiplayer online role-playing games
* Experience writing character dialogue, short stories, or quest scripts

Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary history to resumes@blizzard.com.

Basic Tips for Resume/Demo Submission

No calls or follow-up emails, please. This is a full-time position in Irvine, California.

Charke

Explorer
Thanks again Krugg but I've never designed a quest for Wow. It seems perhaps the most embarising thing. I am surrounded by references to Wow (southpark, card games, Kodt) but it is pretty much the only Blizzard game I haven't played yet. I was a diablo II junkie - I still maintain 10 accounts.

Mark Charke

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Also, don't be caught by surprise if it takes them 6 weeks or more to call back. Their site says 3, but it can take quite a bit longer.

12thlvlnrd

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Also, don't be caught by surprise if it takes them 6 weeks or more to call back. Their site says 3, but it can take quite a bit longer.
Ah... So, I'm not for sure out of the running just yet.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, realistically you might be. From what I understand:

You send your stuff. Resumes, references, letters, work, whatever.

Nothing happens for a rather random amount of time.

Then one of two things will happen: (1) Blizzard will remove the page from their website (meaning they've filled the position and are no-longer taking applications for that position). Or (2) you get a phone call or an email.

That's pretty much it. If you make it to the phone call, you've made it farther than 99.9% of other applicants.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases