Paladin / Cavalier Build (posted correctly!)

Skead

First Post
Zelc said:
If you know about the official Character Optimization boards, I would highly recommend you do not make this post there. You will get flamed. If you want specific and worthwhile char op help, develop at the very least a character concept/role and some classes, abilities, and feats you want. It's even better if you lay out a full build, then ask for improvements. Perhaps some people are more accommodating here, but the people at CharOp (and I) won't waste lots of time and effort statting up a character that you won't use.

I've been posting a few times in the past few weeks after joining and in those post I've been asking for assistance, but in retrospect I really didn't give you guys too much to work with. Even despite this, most of you tried to help regardless. Thank you for that, and this time around I'll try give way more information so its not just a random guess on what you think i want :p

Ok, here it goes:

My main character is dying (level 3 vs a Master Vampire is never good...) so it's time to make up a new character. The world really full of evil and it's mostly out doors with some indoor questing.

Class: Paladin / Cavalier (with leves of fighter at the start if needed)
Race: Human or Lesser Aasmir (spelt incorrectly I bet...)
Stats:
17 - Str
12 - Dex
17 - Con
11 - Int
14 - Wis
18 - Cha
Aasmir would get a bonus of +2 wis and +2 cha, where a human would get an extra feat, so need your opnion on this one :)

1 - P1 - Power Attack
2 - P2
3 - P3 - Mounted Combat
4 - P4
5 - P5
6 - P6 - Ride by Attack
7 - P7
8 - P8
9 - P9 - Spirited Charge
10 - P10
11 - C1
12 - C2 - ???
13 - C3
14 - C4
15 - C5 - ???
16 - C6
17 - C7
18 - C8 - ???
19 - C9
20 - C10

This is all I got so far, I don't know much about how charge works, and if I should go for the Paladin in PHII to get charging smite and just get a cohort mount?

Any suggestions would be nice, just ask if you need to know more :)

Thank you

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
If you're taking an LA +1 race, might I suggest a draconic human?
All the usual human stuff as well as +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Cha, low-light & darkvision, 2 claws, +2 Spot & Intimidate.

Skead

First Post
blargney the second said:
If you're taking an LA +1 race, might I suggest a draconic human?
All the usual human stuff as well as +2 Str, +2 Con, +2 Cha, low-light & darkvision, 2 claws, +2 Spot & Intimidate.

Wow, definitely a decent idea. Do Draconic Humans still count as humanoid? These guys are outsiders, so vs things that mind control, etc etc are useless. I'll look into it.

What are some other good feats if anyone else has ideas :)

moritheil

First Post
I just want to note that while the mounted feats can be quite nice, it will be several levels before you as a paladin are able to take a significant portion of that feat tree, leaving you sub-par for those levels. Once you take the feat tree, a large portion of your feats is tied up in mounted combat, making you sub-par when dungeon crawling.

Also, be aware that your mount is target No. 1 for any less-than-perfectly-honorable enemies. I have seen frustrated players attempt to ride down groups of bandits or goblins only to have their mounts shot out from under them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases