Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne (OOC)

Malvoisin

First Post
Well, with EvolutionKB on board as Player #6, we're locked and loaded to get this show on the road...as soon as we have a player's guide and an adventure, that is! :)

In the meantime, it's time to start working in earnest on character sheets. I know they won't really be able to be 'finished' until we learn more about how the campaign kicks off (not to mention bonus feats?) from the PG...but I'm sure some of the nuts and bolts can start being assembled.

Of course, some of you are already pretty much done, so...you know what I mean.

I'm tired. I'm sure there's more I wanted to talk about, but let's save it for the morrow.

[sblock=Character Creation Guidelines]
1. Race: I'd prefer to stick to core races only. If you're just dying to play something weirder, I suppose we could discuss it. But I'll probably say no.

2. Classes/Feats/Spells/Equipment: I'm open to some departure from the beaten path here, with most options from WotC's splatbooks likely to be approved. I will consider material from third-party sources as well. I'd appreciate it if you ask me specifically for approval about anything you're interested in that isn't found in the SRD. (However, the following sources are off-limits: All Forgotten Realms, Eberron, or other campaign world-specific books; All psionics books; Magic of Incarnum; Tome of Battle (Book of 9 Swords); Book of Exalted Deeds; Book of Vile Darkness).

Also, please be aware that for future multi-classing considerations, there will be a limit of three classes total for a character...and only one of those three may be a Prestige Class.

3. Deity/Domains (if relevant): I assume everyone has access to the list of Golarion deities and domains found in the Rise of the Runelords player's guide. If I am mistaken, just let me know, and I'll provide it here. With the exception of Desna, none of the player-appropriate deities have been fleshed out further than those bare bones details. You can choose any of the non-evil deities on that list, but some make more sense than others for an urban-centered game, IMO. As an FYI, I believe Abadar is on the slate for a full write-up sometime this spring.

4. HP: Maximum for 1st level. Future advancement still to be determined, but I'll probably use a fixed method.

5. Gold: Average to start per class, NOT maximum. Also, no PC may begin play with more than 20 gp in pocket, so 'use it or lose it.'

6. Ability scores: 28 Point Buy

7. Algnment: No evil. I'm very skeptical of Chaotic Neutral as well, as I don't want any PCs who are overly difficult for other party members to get along with.

8. Background Trait: For a background that relates the PC to petty crimeboss Gaedran Lamm, the character may take a trait which confers a small bonus. This trait may come directly from the Player's Guide, or may be created by the player. As a general rule, these traits confer a +2 bonus to a skill, a +1 bonus to a save, or allow two skills to become class skills.

9. Characters will receive 4 bonus skill points to be divided among one or two Craft, Profession, or Perform skills of your choice (which will automatically be considered as class skills). The chosen skills must be consistent with the character's background.

10. Please try to find an illustration for your character online, and post it with your sheet. I will be using said picture to create a token for use with combat maps.

11. Ideas about combat tactics (for NPCing in combat if needed), thoughts on other PCs (if known or relevant), and thoughts regarding future advancement, are all strongly welcomed.

12. Please crib your character sheets with game rules details for anything not found in the SRD (for easy reference when away from home).[/sblock]

Curse of the Crimson Throne IC OOC RG

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
I hope I'm not stepping on any toes with my skill choices. I'll have to boost up my knowledges a little to qualify for that PrC, but his social skills will be every bit as good as Tom Cruise(minus the CRAAAAZZZY).

(I looked for a good picture of a guy in a suit/nice clothes, but couldn't find anything that fit/wasn't heavily copyrighted, so good ol Tommy has to do.)

Malvoisin

First Post
Mmmkay, let's talk about character speech colorization.

Looks like Coldan will stick with silver.

Legildur's guy appears to have taken on medium turquoise. (Leg, name that dude already, huh? Something other than 'Conan the Librarian, I mean.) ;)

And, I'll bet dollars to donuts that Voadam's buckle-swashing Orman Stahl will go with the traditional bold white.

How's about the rest of you?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases