Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Lou

Explorer
Zurrik Odeil

Zurrik looks carefully for armor and weapon crystals and items that grant bonuses to initiative, like a belt of battle.

OOC: I'm still thinking. I might take a permanent wand of cure serious wounds. Any warlock-specific items found?

Leif

Adventurer
So did I, but there is a lot of stuff in that book. Hard to keep up with it all.
Maybe I'd better take a little more time before I settle on an item. Gnurl is now intrigued by other sights in the room. "Surely," he thinks, "I can do better that a pedestrian Wand of Lightning Bolt!" After all, it's so much like his other stand-by item, the Wand of Magic Missile.

After all, Gnurl can make that item himself!! :eek:

[sblock=Lou]Hey, I missed your big 1,000th post recently! Congrats![/sblock]

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Maybe I'd better take a little more time before I settle on an item.

As Gnurl continues his search a spear tumbles from a rack and very nearly pins him to the floor. He pales as he reads the tag.

[sblock=Tag]SKEWER-OF-GNOMES [RELIC]
Price (Item Level): 9,302 gp (12th)
Body Slot: — (held)
Caster Level: 20th
Aura: Strong; (DC 25) evocation
Activation: —
Weight: 4 lb.
This spear has an ornate bone head carved to resemble a skull with its mouth open in scream. Its shaft is set with long spikes, a the base is shod with a metal tip molded
the shape of a skull.
Carried primarily by kobold heroes these spears were designed to be true to their name. When you carry a skewer-of-gnomes, it functions as a Small +1 gnome bane spear if you are lawful evil, lawful neutral, or neutral evil.
Relic Power: If you have established the proper divine
connection, the spear also gains the unholy property (DMG 226 and reveals its quasisentience and abilities to you. A skewer-of-gnomes automatically sets itself against a charge, attacking and dealing double damage whenever a foe charges you. This attack uses your highest base
attack bonus and all relevant modifiers, just as if you were making an attack of opportunity.
To use the relic power, you must worship Kurtulmak and either sacrifice a 5th-level divine spell slot or have the
True Believer feat and at least 9 HD.
Lore: The first four skewers-of-gnomes were created for the kings of the most powerful kobold tribes by weaponsmiths working in cooperation with Kurtulmak’s clergy.
Since then, the secret of their manufacture has been passed down from parent to child and is known to only a handful of kobold weaponmakers (Knowledge [religion] DC 20).
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Sanctify Relic, unholy blight.
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Zurrik looks carefully for armor and weapon crystals and items that grant bonuses to initiative, like a belt of battle.

OOC: I'm still thinking. I might take a permanent wand of cure serious wounds. Any warlock-specific items found?

Zurrik discovers that the collection includes a belt of battle.

OOC: Warlocks can benefit from the various meta-magic rods and any items that boost ranged spells. Seems like their was a rod in complete mage that allows you to gain an extra eldritch blast shape power like three times a day. You are no doubt familiar with the Warlcock's Scepter and the Chasuble of Fell power.

J. Alexander

First Post
No MIC here but could some one email a pdf of it..

Geoffrey is happy with the elven made item...(he will leave it up to the dm to pick something appropriate..either magical or non magical.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases