Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Scotley

Hero
Captain Marin remains silent throughout the discussion of the future and waits until all are joined before addressing the group.

J. Alexander

First Post
Dinner

Geoffrey will get up from his chair and pour drinks for those who indicate they wish one before returning to his chair next to Elizabeth. "We know that we are facing undead for sure....but what other foul constructs await us. It may very well behoove us to make what preparations we can in advance in regards to healing and spells ..it will take I fear quite and arsenal to overcome his defenses and minios...I for one can make it so we can strike his minions as well as secure us with healing and if necessary divine fire"

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Radoon is torn between going with M. and staying with the group. He feels a little out of place at such a formal affair but will stay nonetheless.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

OOC: Gnurl turns down the offer of spiritous libations in favor of keeping his unaddled Gnomish wits about him. It seems only right and proper to be totally sober when you are planning your funeral, after all....

Scotley

Hero
Terry Lockspar takes a drink of from his large glass of spirits of some sort and says. "I did a little asking around of some sailors this afternoon and learned that whatever carried that box to the Sea Sorcerer's ship. It wasn't any sort of bird. It had wings right enough, but it was a little humanoid shaped thing with blunt features and an unnatural look to it. It was a gray green color with rough warty looking skin and lots of needle-like teeth."

OOC: [sblock=Knowledge Arcana check 18+]Sounds like it could be a construct known as a Homunculus.[/sblock]

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Marienna arrives back at the 'Sheet, and proceeds to the cabin where Finn had been left sleeping. She taps lightly at the door, "Finn, 'tis Marienna, might I come in?" She opens the door to a calmer scene than had been reported to her.

Finn is up now, looking for clothing. The lights are still bright, but it doesn't look like the oil is now in danger of running out within the next hour. An empty bowl sits on a table next to the bed, and a glass still mostly full of wine stands next to it. Finn is shirtless, and Marienna can see the sores spotted around his torso. He points toward the glass as he speaks.

"Hello, Marienna, I'm guessing that was your suggestion, to calm me down. Believe it or not, Mistress Abelard's soup did that. They didn't feed me after they caught me, rather I was the meal it seemed. The wine tasted slightly bitter, so I'm guessing you added something to either calm me, or make me sleep. Sorry, I slept enough thanks to those fiends, I'd rather stay awake for a little while right now. Now, did you find my gear when you found me or am I gonna have to ransack this bilge of a flotsam island to find a decent kit again?"

Scotley

Hero
Marienna looks tired, covered in sores, but happy as she smiles, "We did find your gear. It should be in that duffel under the bed." She gestures at the wine glass. "I did have a little something to calm your nerves put into the wine. Nothing too strong, just a little something to take the edge off. The first word we got on you was none to promising. I feared you'd be in a worse state." She points a thumb over her shoulder. "The rest of us are meeting with Captain Marin on Geoffrey Vasa's boat, the Radiant Sun. We managed to recover Allois, but he's got a long healing process ahead of him. Do you feel up to joining the party. I guess it is a celebration of success. I expect Captain Marin would like to thank you for helping find Allois."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

Scotley said:
Terry Lockspar takes a drink of from his large glass of spirits of some sort and says. "I did a little asking around of some sailors this afternoon and learned that whatever carried that box to the Sea Sorcerer's ship. It wasn't any sort of bird. It had wings right enough, but it was a little humanoid shaped thing with blunt features and an unnatural look to it. It was a gray green color with rough warty looking skin and lots of needle-like teeth."

OOC: [sblock=Knowledge Arcana check 18+]Sounds like it could be a construct known as a Homunculus.[/sblock]
OOC: Gnurl's knowledge (arcana) check is a 37. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1507590/

"You know, that does indeed sound a bit like it might be a construct known as a homunculus, but it occurs to me that that description also bears a striking resemblance to a quasit, which is a possibility that raises a whole new set of dangers for us. A lich who has one demon servant, is most likely going to have other demon servants, or worse yet, Demon Masters."

Last edited:

Remove ads