Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Finn smiles wryly. "I'm not certain I was all that much help to be thanked for. Last thing I clearly remember was planting a charge near one of the junctures on those floating walls and a shadow I was hiding in suddenly becoming alive and engulfing me. Everything after that is a blur, like looking through an oiled glass. But I would like to know what all happened."

Scotley

Hero
"Come then, let us go to the Captain's party. These things are very important to him and along the way I'll tell you what happened." She to tell Finn of what happed during his absence at least as she understands it.

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

"Very well, then. If you will give me a moment's privacy, I'll dress in clothes befitting an reception with a Church official, and we can be off." Finn reaches under the bed to pull out the duffel, and begins to remove various items of clothing, and a pair of boots. He also looks for his weapons, preferring to be prepared rather than surprised. "I'll be but a moment. Even still, I hope this was not planned as a late evening. For now I feel a fiend full of energy, but I know that my recuperative powers are not sufficient to have fully restored me this quickly. Nerves, and fear, that is what have me in this state right now.

Scotley

Hero
Once dressed, he is quickly led aboard an impressive ship called the Radiant Sun. Soon Finn Hunter is introduced to Geoffrey Vasa and his wife...

J. Alexander

First Post
Dinner and Drinks

Geoffrey replies "It is a pleasure Mr Finn, welcome aboard" "Yes , welcome to my home. Have you eaten yet?" the lady elizabeth quiries

SirCaith

First Post
Finn Hunter

Finn shakes Geoffrey's hand, and bow low to kiss the fingertips of Elizabeth's. "Thank you both for the hospitality. My last hosts were not as formal, nor anywhere as kind. I did just finish a remarkable soup, madam, that is much responsible for my current good spirits, but Thank you for asking. Something light to drink, perchance, that won't insult my injured sensibilites, nor incite any passions? Fruit juice, or a sparkling water, perhaps? I will defer to the suggestions of my nurse and guide in these matter, Marienna?"

After gathering a light aperatif, Finn will find somewhere to sit and relax. "So, ladies and gentlemen, you were discussing the flight of our animated miscreant? Don't forget, the other foe that fled during your fight in his throne room. I fear that that foul cleric has more in store to bedevil us with."

Having unleashed this additional thought, Finn settles back to listen to the discussion.

DM [sblock] Scott, Finn will now try out his new power, touchvision. It will be semi- unconscious, more seeking out everything that is going on around him than an intentional use of the power. This will be his first use of the power, so it may be slightly shocking to him. If he would discover something other than what his normal senses tell him is there, let me know. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse & Anson & Mig

SirCaith said:
After gathering a light aperatif, Finn will find someone to sit and relax. "so, ladies and gentlemen, you were discussing the flight of our animated miscreant? Don't forget, the other foe that fled during your fight in his throne room. I fear that that foul cleric has more in store to bedevil us with."

Mingo sighs at the mention of the gaseous cleric who escaped. She had forgotten about him. "He is also cursed, so he may have a bone to pick with the Sea Sorcerer of his own."

Mingo sips her drink and wonders when the evil cleric might reappear. A puzzled look crossed her face. His name was just on the tip of her tongue, but she couldn't quite remember it.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I'll be out of touch until Sunday evening or Monday morning. Sorry for the delay. I've been having trouble getting on the boards.

Scotley

Hero
Captain Marin Speaks

Getting to his feet with some effort, the old Captain fixes his watery gaze on each of you briefly before speaking. "I want to first say thanks to you all for recovering not only my son, but my ships. After having a look over them, I'm confident that I can get them back together again." He has Terry pass around a packet of letters each sealed with the Marin and Son logo in wax. "In payment, I've given each of you a draft worth some 8,000 gp in addition to the retainer of 3,000 you got when you joined this quest." Seeing some of you hesitate, he holds up a hand. "Now don't refuse it. I can aford it and you've all earned it. If you are so inclined I have a couple of fellows back in Cambre that will give you a 30% discount on the animation of magic items or if you prefer I can see that you get a good deal on some land or a boat. Don't feel bound to that, spend the money any way you like. Marienna tells me that you are most likely going to have to slay this Sorcerer Lich fellow to break the curse. I'm truely sorry for that. I'll be willing to lend any aid I can to that quest. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take the 'Bedsheet back though." He has a brief coughing fit and takes a drink of wine before finally getting it back under control. "Now there are some of those scum out there in an icy version of my ships that are likely up to no good. If you get that curse sorted out and you are interested I'd be willing to pay to see them put out of business, but I understand you've to take care of other matters first. I expect to have my ships back in the water in a matter of weeks for one and months for the other. I'll be glad to hire any of you that are looking for a job if you wish. I owe you a huge debt and you can call on me for anything you need."

Remove ads