Island Empire, Part III, The Lich's Curse

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Ohhhh, Goody! Gnurl has his eye on another spell or two or three that will burn off some of this extra money.

"Thank you very kindly, Captain marin! It was a great day for all Gnome-kind when I made your acquaintance! As you have said, we are presently rather preoccupied with ridding ourselves of this lich's curse, but I am confident that we will be able to accomplish that directly. Once we do so, we may again be in need of employment, and I hope that our friendship with you can be renewed at that time to the mutual profit of all concerned."

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

Once everyone is finished thanking Marin, Radoon will approach him and take him out of earshot.

"I need a couple of items created. When you get back to Cambre could you have your contacts get to working on them? One is a +1 returning shocking dagger and the other is a item of my own creation - a dagger dispensing backpack if you will." Radoon hand Marin a crude drawing, "Here is what I was thinking.

I would also like a small plot of land with a nice house near the sea in Cambre, would you be able to help me with this, I was thinking it might be nice to finally get some land legs after this is all over."

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Radoon]The old man takes the drawing and nods. "I'll pass your requests on tonight so that the items will be well under way when we make Cambre. As to the property, I have a friend in the land business. I'll introduce you when we get back. I'm sure she'll be able to help you find what you are looking for." He looks very ernest for a moment. "Thank you again for everything Radoon. Yesterday pretty much everything I'd accomplished in my long life was lost to me and today, I'm well on my way to having it all back. I owe you my life in a very real sense." [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
The Captain responds to Gnurl. "I have been improved immeasurably by our association as well. Once you deal with the matter of the Lich, my door will be open to you."

mleibrock

First Post
Radoon

[sblock=Marin] "You have been a good friend to me longer than I care to admit, it was nothing that I know you would not have done for me. I am just glad that Allois was OK and it all turned out as it did. This trip has me seeing things through different eyes these days. I still get enormous pleasure from a good fight but with losing Rook, the finite quality of life as once again showed itself and I guess I am just the right age to start to take notice. Thank you for your help with those items and the land. I am looking forward to spending some evenings telling old stories that embarrasses you terribly." [/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Dinner

"You offer is appreciated Captain Marin and will be used wisely. As for unknown reasons you appear to be the target, I would offer escourt back to Cambry for the Bedsheet if necessary."

Lou

Explorer
Mingo Frasse, Water Halfling at Play

"You are very generous, Captain Marin. After the lich is destroyed, we do need to finish the fight with the occupants of the copied ship. Such evil must not be allowed to continue." says Mingo softly.

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Captain Marin, there is one other matter that I would like to discuss with you, given your experience and wisdom in the ways of shipping. We have just come into possession of a vessel called the CrestDancer, and it seems to be a very fine ship, indeed. I was wondering if you could perhaps make some inquiries with the maritime authorities and do whatever is necessary for us to stake our claim for salvage rights to this vessel? Geoffrey and Radoon have their own ships already, well, Radoon's ship is actually yours, but I was wondering if Mingo, H'Roosh, Finn, and myself could file our claim to the CrestDancer together, as co-owners/admirals superior to the resident Captain, Mr. Swabby." :D

Scotley

Hero
"Is that the little yacht I saw? Fine looking ship. I can help you file a claim on it. You'll need to find out if there are any liens on the estate of the previous owner that could tie you up in court, but my guess is you can make a clean salvage claim. If you want to have multiple owners you'll need to draw up a partnership."

Leif

Adventurer
Gnurl Whiskerling

"Well, this Gnome is definitely interested!" Says a very self-satisfied Gnurl.

OOC: In fact, Gnurl wants to make an entry in the CrestDancer's log to the effect that Owners Gnurl Whiskerling, H'Roosh, and Finn were taken onboard and assigned quarters. No offense to Mingo, but she was pretty involved with Geoffrey, so I think she may want to stay about the Radiant Sun.

IN OTHER BIDNESS--

OOC: Gnurl also intends to spend a day or two (as long as it takes) casting identify spells on his Runestaff of the Undead Slayer, and learining exactly what it can do, because he never intends to get caught with his britches down by any other undead scum!

Remove ads