Age of Worms online

Infernal Scribe

First Post
A handful of would-be adventurers gathers to explore an ancient tomb, eager to trade their discoveries for a ticket to a better life. What they find within presages the advent of the Age of Worms, an era of darkness, decay, and writhing doom. A D&D adventure for 1st level characters.

well, it seems to be that time again. so i've give it a go. starting on saturdays i shall begin a play-by-chat campaign of the Greyhawk adventure path of modules known as the Age of Worms. I've done something similiar on AIM with a previous Ravenloft horror campaign and found the results very interesting. yes, its D&D, yes its not freeform. I am negotiable if the majority of players that sign on wish to play on a Sunday at a elected time zone that everyone can agree upon. The game is 4 hours long with a selected time zone agreed upon those who wish to play.

the character generation is a 32 point buy system used in standard Living Greyhawk games (instead of 28 points). 3.5 PHB, DMG, all Complete class, all Races of books, Terrain books, Heros of books, Expanded Psionics, Tome of books, Draconic Magic, Monster support books (Drows of the Underdark, Lords of Madness, Libris Mortis, etc). You don't need to have these books, but i will allow them if you do own them. I shall go further into the character creation rules in a later post, in the mean time. For those new to the system and don't own any books, there are tons of websites out there that i can offer links to and i can help you in the char generation process.

we will be using the dice rolling system, found normally on the chat. so do hope it works and functions for you. if it doesn't, i would recommend bugging our tech wiz via email to see how he can help suggest helping you out.

otherwise, do i have any takers?

Infernal Scribe

First Post
the campaign will be played mostly on the chat, in one the of available rooms: Carpe DM or Ahoy! Adventure! using the dice rolling system found on the chat.

The campaign is told from a flash back point of view, since the campaign takes place in 595 CY. The reason why I'm going with this direction is, in my experience, not everyone can show up at a game session. This allows the DM story teller to explain why Joe Smith the Elf isn't in this game, when the party is neck deep in a dungeon and how Danny the Dwarf suddenly appeared.

As the old mage, picks up on the tale again.. another patron chimes in "no! no! it wasn't Joe Smith! It was Danny the Dwarf that was with the party while they were in the dungeons of the Whispering Cairn." The mage nods again and continues on with the tale..

In this format, we can continue on with the story and the campaign. The series of adventures will take you from level 1 to level 20. I will provide Player Handouts on a separate message board, that way, its only a click away and you can view the jpeg image on display.

Character Creation
In the point buy system, a player has a certain number of points to spend on their ability scores. The more powerful the characters are intended to be, the more points will be available to the players. (Characters are usually more powerful for a more difficult game.) Possible ability scores range from eight to eighteen, and each score has a certain point cost affixed to it, where higher scores tend to cost more points per level than lower ones. You have 32 points.

the following websites can assist you in character creation:
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Point_buy
http://www.d20srd.org/
http://realmshelps.dandello.net/datafind/feats.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_deities_of_Dungeons_&_Dragons

Hit points are maximum at 1st and 2nd, while the following hit dice will grant per level.

1d4 = 3
1d6 = 4
1d8 = 6
1d10 = 8
1d12 = 10

Draggy

First Post
I would definitely be interested, it just depends on how things work out with work! If they move me to mornings then totally count me in :D

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases