Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I don't think red ache gets enough press. We can boost the DC as appropriate for him and could say that reducing Str to 0 kills in this case (or maybe that's getting too far from the source material).

+2 shocking burst?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Red ache works for me, with the DC Cha-based on Maramet.

The sword properties work fine.

Shall we give him armor and/or shield?

freyar

Maybe a magic breastplate and some kind of shield, sure. How many +s do we want to spend on those?

freyar

Gives him a little better defense and another option. Though perhaps the SR and blinding DC aren't potent enough. You think they're worth it?

Shade

Monster Junkie
The SR might be a bit weak for its probable CR; some of the energy resistance properties might be more beneficial.

Although the save DC is negligible on the blinding, there's always the 5% chance of rolling a 1. An absorbing shield could be quite fun. :)

freyar

The problem is that energy resistance costs a lot more than the SR (more than twice as much!) if we're counting gp. Rather than blinding, let's go with +1 animated for the shield. For the armor, we could go +1 (your favorite energy here) resistance if the price is right.

You know, this pricing has always bothered me. By the time you can afford some of these properties (like SR 13), it's mostly useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads