Converting original D&D and Mystara monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I like this as written, also. Rather than have them all go Huge, we could have them just increase one size category as another alternative.

We can do the +2 bonus to Spot, then. Or we could go with all-around vision if we really want to distinguish these.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

I'm not sure what do with the additional buttocks, freyar. :p

This last snake can regenerate 5 points per melee round

Fast healing 5?

Should we note in special attacks that the save DC for the naga's poison increases due to the additional Hit Dice and greater Con score? Maybe throw a racial bonus on top of it since they are special?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Fast healing 5 is appropriate, and I like the suggestion of a racial +2 to poison DCs.

Perhaps we give them a bit of DR? DR 5/choose an opposing alignment?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Good idea. Should we note that fast healing and DR stack with existing DR? The brine naga, for example, has damage reduction 10/good, while the banelar has fast healing 2.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That sounds right. Perhaps they also substitute for all material components w/o a cost (effectively giving them eschew materials as a bonus feat as long as they have the gems)?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I believe most nagas already have Eschew Materials as a bonus feat, but giving it to these guys explicitly is a good idea. I don't like all of the material components being carried in the hood as the rationale, though. Their hoods are studded with gems, not a bunch of random garbage and live spiders and bat dung. They're classy.

Giving our sample a couple of spells that have gems as material components/foci would be a good idea. Stoneskin, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases