New Microlite20 thread

WildWalker

First Post
First things first.

I want to say that M20 is one of the coolest systems I've seen in a very long time.

I signed up on this board just to get involved in the M20 comunity.

Second, I was very interested in hacking a version compatible with the Heroic levels of 4e...so I did...based on ideas presentd by JSpektr on the RPGnet forum...modified by my own sensibilites.

I created a Pocket Mod version of my hack that needs some play testing and now I just need to find a group.

All in all a very cool idea! I can't wait to play with it some more!

WildWalker

Last edited:

greywulf

First Post
Thanks! If you want to share your pocketmod, mail it to me - greywulf<at>gmail.com - and I'll happily host and link it in the Macropedia. I love to see folks' interpretations and additions to the rules.

My own group will finally be getting back together after a 3 month hiatus next weekend, and we're planning a marathon M20, D&D and Mutants & Masterminds session to celebrate. The plot will go something like this:

Part One - M20 characters, dungeon crawl, find the Hammer of Ajax, a powerful artifcact. The cannot use it's powers but take it as a part of their treasure horde
Part Two - D&D characters around 8th level. Discover the Hammer of Ajax in a ruined city. Players realise that the M20 session happened several thousand years ago. Find the bones of their original characters with the Hammer at the centre of the blast.
Part Three - M&M, modern day, in LA. Ruins discovered off the coast reveal an ancient civilization, possibly Atlantis itself (yeh, Atlantean LA. No, seriously.). Hammer is a part of the treasure. One of the players (the only non-superhero in the group) takes the hammer and becomes Ajax the Conquering Destroyer. Players battle to save their friend from an insane destructive rampage through downtown. Will they succeed? I dunno, and it'll be fun finding out :)

I expect each session to last 2-3 hours, meaning 8 hours gaming over one weekend, starting simple and sweet and ending with blast everything-in-sight-superhero gloriousness. Boo yah!

Last edited:

WildWalker

First Post
Wildwalkers M20

greywulf,

I e-mailed you my PocketMod hack of M20.

I am hoping to do some testing soon.

I'm thinking a 4E version of the Temple of K'thu'uk using the 4e stuff that has been compiled.

Thanks for posting it up.

If anyone has time I'd love a critique.

WildWalker

greywulf

First Post
WW, I got it and mailed you back a reply. Thanks! And I'd love to see a conversion of the Temple to 4E :)

Just so you know, the server that hosts M20 is down AGAIN and I'm not a happy bunny about this. It's down far too often for my liking these days, so it's time to jump hosts. I'm going to spend some time the finding a good place to call it home. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks, all!

WildWalker

First Post
I started in on a conversion of the Temple of K'thu'uk last night and ran smack dab into a new understanding of the resource management in 4e.

It is completely different.

Very cool, but different. This means that a straight conversion isn't even close to being possible.

Since I don't like the idea of picking on poor defenseless Kolbolds anyways (they've just become too cool), I've decided to rewrite the fluff into Redcaps ( Brownies turned Boggart turned murderous nasties) and thier undead minions.

It'll be a little while till it's done but I have to tell you, I'm having the time of my life rewriting the adventure!

With M20 (even my hack) it is a cakewalk. The hardest part is back matching the crunch to the limited list of "known" monsters from 4e.

Spoiler!!!

So far I've decided the stats for the Redcaps will be Kolbolds of one variety or another. One of thier undead minions is Blood Skeleton Squirrels, for which I'm using the stats for Kolbold minions. The minion I'm having trouble matching is the alligators. I'm also having trouble deciding if I'm going to use the Young Black Dragon stats for the Blood Pool which will be replacing K'thu'uk's Skull or if I'm going to use something else.

Writing the tactics into the descriptions is also a new one for me but all in all it's a breeze compared to 3.x.

I love this game.

WildWalker

Mondbuchstaben

First Post
Greywulf has put my Revised Character Sheet up on the Macropedia.
It was a by-product of another project that I can talk about in short while.

Another by-product was this map that I will soon make available to the Macropedia as well.

Attachments

• Preview.jpg
    Preview.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 196

bytor4232

First Post
That character sheet is stunning! I plan on running an m20 game with my local tabletop group on the 26th. I may just have to use this!

Darrell

First Post
Mondbuchstaben said:
Greywulf has put my Revised Character Sheet up on the Macropedia.

Your character sheet looks great! Much better than the one I did.

Would it be possible to get you to make a version with a fourth stat (Charisma) and a fifth skill (Personality) in the respective areas?

Those are the primary 'alterations' I've made to m20 that would be reflected on the character sheet.

Regards,
Darrell

Grimstaff

Explorer
Darrell said:
a fourth stat (Charisma) and a fifth skill (Personality)

Those are the primary 'alterations' I've made to m20
Sounds interesting!

What does Personality cover to differentiate it from Communication?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases