Harn

Harn is an RPG from the 70s & 80s. How popular is it now?

• Never heard of it.

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • I've seen some setting stuff for it?

Votes: 68 39.3%
  • I played it once or twice.

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • I play it regularly or at least I'd like to.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I've used the setting but never the rules.

Votes: 39 22.5%
  • I don't like it.

Votes: 7 4.0%

Graybeard

Explorer
I used to play it regularly with a group about 50 miles away. I stopped playing mainly due to my work schedule conflicting with the game nights. We used 1st edition rules. I still own some Harn stuff.

Wormwood

Adventurer
At the height of my 'realism' phase, we played *a lot* of Hârn---mostly using heavily modified GURPS or HERO.

One of the most pleasurable settings to read, and I'm still envious of my friend's (almost) complete library.

That said, I have little interest in that type of 'sim' heavy game again.

Archade

Azer Paladin
I played a lot of Harn before 3rd edition -- in fact, I'd chat a lot with Robin and the guys at CG, and I even was a contributor on HarnManor.

It's a phenomenal setting if you are shooting for realism. I'd highly recommend it for any setting for the maps alone. However, it is low fantasy, and the setting has very little to offer in pre-published adventures, so you need a creative DM to make the setting come to life.

Since Robin set out on his own, he's done some maps of quality comparable to the amazingly talented Christopher West - you can find them at www.kelestia.com

Maldin

First Post
I've used the setting materials quite extensively, particularly the city maps, (modified) background, and all of the Earthmaster materials in my Greyhawk campaign.

Denis, aka "Maldin"
Maldin's Greyhawk http://melkot.com

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases