Burning Heretics OOC

Jack of Tales

First Post
If any of you are still in school/college when are your spring breaks? curious as to if anyone will be travelling and either will not be posting or will be posting less. Myself will be gone March 26- April 20(ish) but will try to use Internet cafe's to keep in touch while on the continent.

covaithe

Explorer
I'll be out of internet contact from around 25 April - 4 May, give or take a day on either side. I'm also traveling for a week at the end of May, but I hope to have internet access for most of that time.

moritheil

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
Their still four legged. Think more fell drake less dinosaur. Caller drakes come in non-combat, riding forms (Lesser Callers) and as Greater Caller Drakes (Heavy warhorse). There's also a flying breed but only royalty or generals can get access to those.

What's more interesting is the guild itself. The process to buy a drake requires various papers, stamps and you get your own personal badge dictating which drake belongs to you. Thus if it ever gets stolen, it is easy to find the drake. The guild also likes to know where your drake is. Always. Inns and such don't have stables only guildhouses do. As such you pretty much 'register' your drake whenever you go to a place that has a guild stable. Somehow whenever a drake is stolen it always ends up back in the owners hands. The guild does not take well to anyone stealing what they still consider their property. The Rider or Caller guild is also the premier information guild. They know -everything-. They don't allow anyone else to breed the drakes either. Anyone who has tried mysteriously disappears. It's also rare to see a dead drake, there are some rumors that the guild simply resurrects dead drakes or animates them and paints over the scales to make them look alive.

Wow, that's a campaign right there! :D

Jack of Tales

First Post
I actually played a short solo game with one of my friends back in the States that dealt with the various atrocious things the guild had done. He got to find out all about what happens when someone tries to breed a drake outside the guild...

Anyway, one of the reasons I have not updated the IC thread yet is because I know that Bihlbo cannot post over weekends. As such I'll wait until Monday before putting up the new round whether or not he's able to take his action.

Scott, Voda, I'll get your characters up on the wiki eventually. I just need to muster the energy to go looking through the thread for them.

Jack of Tales

First Post
I was planning on looking and not tricking you into posting the links, honest! *evil smile*

But seriously, thanks alot for doing that. I thought of asking but it seemed far far too lazy so I was really going to go find them in the pages. It is only three pages long after all!

So anyone excited for 4E? I'm kind of sad that all the new core races force me to modify my setting. I love my homebrew setting T_T but I think i've found a way to fit them all in more or less. I mean, dragonborn have scales so why not just reflavor them and their abilities to be lizardfolk hehe. Seems cheap but in Cora dragons are pretty much extinct.

renau1g

First Post
I think it fits pretty well. I'm looking forward to it, but that's just me. I find that in 3e spellcasters have way to steep a power curve, they suck from 1-4th level, then become great, and finally unstoppable, once they get save vs. die, etc. I'd love to see a more balanced class distribution of power, although I never really got on board the need for new core races, especially the tiefling (I wouldn't imagine people would tolerate demon-spawn), because they force a reboot of all settings to make the square pegs fit in the rounds holes. Overall yes I'm excited, but with some trepidation (although my group's already pre-ordered a set of the books, we figured $20/each wasn't a steep price to pay)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]OOC[ : in the recent past i have had trouble with the invisible castle sight...i have tried a number to attempts to fix my setting and nothing worked...however!...i don't have a clue why, but it is working just fine now...so i wont need anyone to roll on IC for me! ]/OOC[

as for the "I was planning on looking and not tricking you into posting the links, honest! *evil smile*
" statement...yeah, right, whatever *roflmaogarb*

as for 4th ed...i am not buying it...i have stopped at 3.5 ed...i have seen a splament by monte cook for his homebrew that he has for sale athat is about the eextent of any further rules changes i will do, once i get a little spare scraatch to purchase the download...it makes mages more evenly spread over the 20 levels amoungst other things for other classes.

Remove ads