Burning Heretics OOC

Jack of Tales

First Post
I'm interested to see your backstory. A fire elf hm? Could you throw in a few details about her family or about other elemental/fire elves? Also for your equipment I think you may havem isread how much I gave you guys to play around with! If you think 5k isn't enough make a good case for it and I'll consider it.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Sure. Take a look at the paladin orders on the wiki page if you want an idea on the major ones. Of course they aren't the -only- ones so if you want to make your own up go ahead or I can put my mind to work throwing some together if you have ideas for what type of religion (i.e. god of storms, god of cobblers, whatever) you'd like to be a part of. Most paladins trained at one order or another and for many it would not be seen as 'wrong' to take part in another guild as long as it wasn't another religious organization outside that order's sphere of influence (for example an Avenged or Tir Nog may belong to a church dedicated to the warrior god).

moritheil

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
I'm interested to see your backstory. A fire elf hm? Could you throw in a few details about her family or about other elemental/fire elves? Also for your equipment I think you may havem isread how much I gave you guys to play around with! If you think 5k isn't enough make a good case for it and I'll consider it.

Oh no, the equipment is something I will fix :p Sorry for any confusion.

I like to make lists of items and then delete them to make my final equipment list.

Jack of Tales

First Post
Oh yea one more thing, when doing languages take a look at the Language tab in the wiki. There are some changes to your traditional languages like Draconic and Common (called Trade here) in addition to the way people speak and communicate. For example, not everyone would know Trade. Heck even a large majority would not with only merchants who travel or in towns/inns and large cities. I prefer it this way because I find it more realistic that there is a multitude of languages since this is typically how it happens in the real world.

Moritheil, I'm going to write a little on elemental elves(elemental races in general) later. Since I give such broad creation to my players I usually write up more after they make a character to help explain why he/she exists.

moritheil

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
Moritheil, I'm going to write a little on elemental elves(elemental races in general) later. Since I give such broad creation to my players I usually write up more after they make a character to help explain why he/she exists.

I've been looking at the history of your world and my current take is this: Alatheil's grandfather was an ambassador to the dark elves before their twisted ways caused a rift between them and the races of light. As part of this he was invited to join in their magical experiments, which involved tapping into the power of other planes. The experiment permanently bound some of the essence of the elemental plane of fire to his blood. Though his involvement ended while they were still using the relatively pure elemental planes, after the split, the drow increasingly explored more dangerous sources of power, finally contacting the infernal realms.

Thus the elemental elves are relatively rare; being one automatically means (to an observer informed on elven history) one of your ancestors was a potent mage. Also the elves as a whole turned away from these rituals and experiments after the split with the drow; the drow, by extrapolation, probably have developed the rituals into something more powerful and corrupting (half-fiends.)

Leif

Adventurer
Wow, I'm hugely interested in this game. I'd like to play a Human Fighter 1 / Bard 2. I'll go ahead and do the 38 pt. build and the hp as you say and then post him here, asap. Unless, that is, you instruct me otherwise.

I changed my mind and switched from Fighter/Wizard to Fighter/Bard. (It's the whole memorizing spells/armor deal.)

Last edited:

Bihlbo

Explorer
This sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to play one of the Tome of Battle classes, the Crusader. Any particular race make the most sense for that? If you're familiar with the source material, are any of the styles more or less likely to be present in the setting?

Jack of Tales

First Post
Moritheil...I love you. That works out really well and even gives me some twisted ideas for Tieflings...

Leif--I love humans above all else. glad to see we have at least one

Bihlbo--Actually now that you mention it, let me go dig up some stuff I wrote in when the tome first came out that helped me slide it into the setting..I'll edit this post in a little bit once I find it and get it sorted out. for race: Human I only say this from optimizing experience though.

I know I had a couple of schools spread out where you could have learned the crusader-ing arts if you're interested I can pull them up. They're not on the wiki anywhere, still in the collection of unsorted writings.

Renau1g-- Thanks for the edits and the inclusion of the item notes. It is much appreciated! Also, you're background is very well done. One thing I'd like to mention is that one of the Oorish warrior guilds focuses on the use of hammer/axe (7 guilds, with many of the focusing on one weapon style) and they could very well have close ties with the dwarven clan you spent time with.

*Edit* I will post your characters on the wiki, if you don't mind. If you all prefer having a RG I can include it there also.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Cool, I'll try to read up a bit and work that bit in about the guild.

P.S. Leif's not the only human ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads