Burning Heretics OOC

renau1g

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
reau1g, as a fellow new gamer to these threads I must say..you make me laugh--alot.

Thank you. I'm thankful my efforts are appreciated. :)

P.S. I was looking at our our headquarters and it looks... quaint. Yes, that's the right word, quaint.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jack of Tales said:
Bihlbo--Might want to hurry on that, or at least post the background/appearance up. We have a ..
....many words omitted...
and rogue/sorcerer (whose background uses some elements of my campaign setting, making me like him.)vying for places.

RBG!
and to think that i am the most humble man in the world and darn proud of that!!

roflmaogarb

Jack of Tales

First Post
Biblbo--character looks finished and is approved when you tell me what ACP is >.>. Also you have no int modifier so unless you spent skill points you only know two languages..your racial and homeland which would be Oorish. Might want to spent a quick skill point to get Keldonian :p

Tailspinner--waiting on background

Voda--You still dont have enough cash for a keen falchion its a total of 8k and your limit is 5k. Thanks for adding in the details on your invocations. You also have 3 languages listed but with no int modifier only have room for your default (Would be Keldonian) Unless you spent skill points on them

Scott--Still need to finish your character

Bihlbo

Explorer
Jack of Tales said:
Biblbo--character looks finished and is approved when you tell me what ACP is >.>. Also you have no int modifier so unless you spent skill points you only know two languages..your racial and homeland which would be Oorish. Might want to spent a quick skill point to get Keldonian :p

Thanks! How do you want me to work in the character?

ACP is Armor Check Penalty.

I spent skill points on langauges.

Considering where he's from, Smoothy aught to be using adamantine weapons and armor, but I just couldn't afford that. ;)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
If you're not sure on the translation feel free to put it up in spanish. I can help you convert it ^^

Don't worry about spelling if your not a native speaker, fine by me. De donde eres en Espana?

--You do add 1.5x str on 2-handed weapons.
--All magical items -must- be of MW quality. In addition to this you must have at least a +1 magical bonus (2k) before applying any additional bonuses. Renau1g posted up the costing of a Keen falchion from the SRD. I did not give enough for you to afford one so you may just want to get a +1 falchion.

However I think you should either 1) try for a different weapon or avoid buying magical weapons at all. Your Eldritch blast scales very very nicely and can easily surpass any magical item. Since you can use it as a weapon I would say focus on that and use your cash for other boosts such as armor and various items.

Sorry for the delay, I was "rindiendo un examen de puta madre" as we say here. I'll update my sheet now.
Oh, y soy de Argentina =)

Jack of Tales

First Post
Bihlbo--I made a mistke. I really need to have the questions posed in post #59 answered by the current three players before I pick fourth and fifth players. Although if there's no decision by saturday I'll just make it myself.

Last edited:

Bihlbo

Explorer
Okay thanks for telling me. If I don't make the cut, I'll understand. It won't hurt my feelings.

I'll check back on Monday (I'm not usually at a computer on the weekends).

moritheil

First Post
Jack of Tales said:
Bihlbo--I made a mistke. I really need to have the questions posed in post #59 answered by the current three players before I pick fourth and fifth players. Although if there's no decision by saturday I'll just make it myself.

If time will be a factor for you, I'd err on the side of caution and not go to 8. My personal experience with large campaigns (16 players, in my biggest one that ran for over a year) has taught me how draining it can be to manage them.

Ideally, my vote is for some sort of healer. At 5, with at least 3 meleers, it looks like we might wind up tank-heavy and that means the presence or absence of healing will make a big difference.

covaithe

Explorer
moritheil said:
Ideally, my vote is for some sort of healer. At 5, with at least 3 meleers, it looks like we might wind up tank-heavy and that means the presence or absence of healing will make a big difference.

We aren't completely healing free at the moment; Geraint is a decent healer. Still, more healing wouldn't hurt, even if it's just a CLW wand user. Not that we can afford a wand, since the 5000 gp starting gold seems fiendishly well calculated to produce 2 good items with almost nothing left. ;)

In terms of party size, I'd echo moritheil's advice not to take more players in a group than you're comfortable running. 5 is certainly not an unreasonable number.

As for who gets the spots... We could certainly use a front-line fighter, and either the crusader or the paladin would be good for that. The paladin can be an emergency healer / eventual wand user, but crusaders are just nice to have around. I'd be happy with either. Or both.

Beyond that, I'm perfectly happy to let interesting background / DM preference tip the balance.

renau1g

First Post
I concur with moritheil & Covaithe, 8 might be too many... we don't really have a straight up fighter. Xavier is more sneaky, striker (using their new terms), Alathiel is probably more along the same lines, and Geriant is a cleric-y type.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases