Demons or Devils?

0bsolete

First Post
Last session my players and I got into a debate over which was cooler, Demons or Devils.

Many of my player's tended to side with demons, I personally am a huge devil fan. I am actually not a fan at all of demons, except for Grazzt who I adore.

So, what do you guys think? Demons or devils?

As a player?

As a GM?

Overall?

Clueless

Webmonkey
Baatezu.
Or even more to the point of my affiliations: Ancient Baatorians

As a DM - maybe yugoloths - but they're so easy to hate it's almost too easy to yank the players around with. Baern can sometimes feel overused. (At least in my gaming group.)

Wiseblood

Adventurer
Devils but I'd rather they were lower level (this would apply to demons to)+ advance possibilities rather than 16-20 for the fun ones.

Corathon

First Post
Demons. I guess the twisted madness of chaotic evil seems more horrific to me.
But devils and daemons both make great villains.

And I've used demodands, too. I guess that I just like fiends. :)

Oryan77

Adventurer
I'm a Baatezu fan myself.

One published adventure I thought was great that never gets any mention is Planescape's: Fire's of Dis. It's setup to allow 5th-7th lvl PCs to travel across the first 2 layers of Baator and encounter all kinds of Baatezu. It had some really creative encounters including a Pit Fiend and even 2 of the Lords of the Nine. :) The PCs even have the chance to be a part of a multiverse altering event :p

I thought this adventure did a good job giving PCs a taste of what Baatezu are like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases