IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I should hope there is enough for everyone..." the Temple Mom muses, looking for the dropped ladle, "but it will be rather thin, I'm afraid. Rhiana, be a dear and fetch me a towel, would you? Thanks."

Rhiana runs through a door in the back. The matron leads the party to a nearby bench and table. "Please, I'm sorry there isn't a better place for you right now," she continues, while moving a scrawled drawing out of the way, "but Mother Verra and a couple of others had a mission to attend to. I am Mother Halina. Yes, like the Great Mother, my parents wanted me to raise a huge family." She smiles and snorts wearily. "Tagrin! No! Get that charcoal out of your mouth! Stew will be ready soon."

A young boy bounces up to Lily. He is about her size. "Wow! Are you a dragon? Can you breathe fire?"

"Sorry. I love them all, but they can be a handful to look after."

Rhiana returns with the towel. It is a little threadbare, but very clean. "Here you are, Mother."

"Thank you, dear, how is the eye today?"

"Doesn't hurt today. Don't worry. How many eyes does a person need, anyway?"

Mother Halina chokes up a moment. "Why don't you let the others know that lunch will be ready soon and they should wash up." Rhiana heads off, spreading her arms and starting with a matronly "Okay, everyone..."

Mother Halina fights back a tear. "Brave girl." She stands and gathers a number of bowls, sticks an extra ladle into her apron and grabs the kettle handle with the towel. "You said you wanted a spell? And a healing wand? We should have a spare wand here, and your offer of donation is very much appreciated. What spell did you need?"

thegreyman

First Post
"No, I'm not a dragon" Lily replies, shying away a little. "I do have dragon teeth, and dragon claws, and dragon scales though! See?" She opens her mouth wide, and flexes her claws by the little boy. The rat on her shoulder lets out a loud squeak, and tries to look ferocious. Lily looks down at him, "I guess I have a roar like a dragon too..."

Gobletchica

First Post
thegreyman said:
"No, I'm not a dragon" Lily replies, shying away a little. "I do have dragon teeth, and dragon claws, and dragon scales though! See?" She opens her mouth wide, and flexes her claws by the little boy. The rat on her shoulder lets out a loud squeak, and tries to look ferocious. Lily looks down at him, "I guess I have a roar like a dragon too..."

Dianna looks over to her small companion, Lily. "It's alright, Lily. No harm done." Dianna smiles at the boy and leans down a little so she is at his eye level. "You are a rather inquisitive child aren't you? My name's Dianna. Would you tell me your name, please?"

jaker2003

Explorer
InVinoVeritas said:
"You said you wanted a spell? And a healing wand? We should have a spare wand here, and your offer of donation is very much appreciated. What spell did you need?"
When no one speaks up, Oskar replies, "We seek a way to repair a damaged document. It is no longer legible and is useless to us until it can be read. Our mage has already tried to mend the document but her arcane power was insufficient."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Gobletchica said:
Dianna looks over to her small companion, Lily. "It's alright, Lily. No harm done." Dianna smiles at the boy and leans down a little so she is at his eye level. "You are a rather inquisitive child aren't you? My name's Dianna. Would you tell me your name, please?"

The boy smiles and responds,"I'm Morlan. What's yours?" He still seems fascinated by Lily.

Halina clucks. "Oh, repair a damaged document? I can do that for you right now, before lunch." Upstairs, a crash is heard. "MOM!" Halina just rolls her eyes. "I use the Make Whole spell all the time."

Wik

First Post
OOC: I had a post, and it must've been eaten. Ah well; C'est la vie.

"Yes, and how much for the wand? I assume 800 gold crowns would be more than sufficient? Pardon my directness... I can get like that, sometimes."

She takes a bowl offered her, and digs in. "Truly great! I've had many temple meals, and this by far is the best. But then, you should see what they serve over at the temple of Hyrag...."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
for the most part the young human keeps to himself,watching the children in their dreadful state in joyful ignorance while being tended to by tireless women with total unselfishnes leaves hime in a quasi state of wonder. Hhe lets the speaking be done by the rest of the party when all of a sudden:

InVinoVeritas said:
."...I can do that for you right now, before lunch." Upstairs, a crash is heard. "MOM!" Halina just rolls her eyes. "I use the Make Whole spell all the time."

He coughs politely to hide and suppress his laughter, but his eyes belie the mirth. "hmmm, lunch." he joins the others in grabbing a bowl, Ya know, exploring may be fun, but a good home cooked meal can't be beat."

Last edited:

During most of the conversation Vindala silently listens while observing the room, only a keen eye would notice the small smile on her face.
When food is served starts she quietly grabs a plate, attempting to make her lack of table manners unnoticed.
When she hears Oskar she agrees "we will pay any price needed" and continues eating.

Gobletchica

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
The boy smiles and responds,"I'm Morlan. What's yours?" He still seems fascinated by Lily.

Halina clucks. "Oh, repair a damaged document? I can do that for you right now, before lunch." Upstairs, a crash is heard. "MOM!" Halina just rolls her eyes. "I use the Make Whole spell all the time."

Dianna smiles at the boy once more before turning her attention to Oskar and Halina. She listens quietly while she neatly eats her meal.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases